Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 2,207

zool

Crash bandicoot or Sonic Mania Plus? Any one played both, which is better👍

Edited on by zool

zool

Tiefseemiez

I just came by to randomly recommend Figment!
To me it seems unfortunately pretty overlooked at the moment.
It has very much the appeal of a graphic novel (especially those of Shaun Tan), but is filled with puzzles. In the beginning those might seem a bit barbones, but they get better, more creative and more challenging soon enough.
There are some fights involved aswell, which are more puzzle-like aswell.
The design is surreal and nice to look at.
What really stands out though is the music and sound-design that also earned some awards:
Things in the environment all have unique sounds representing them. If you get closer to those things (gears, trumpets, springs, etc.) their sounds turn louder and get integrated in the music.
Also the bosses chant while fighting, which I love.
And the game is fully voice-acted. Even every single inhabitant of every single house that you can knock at -and there are many.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Switchnado

Any multiplayer online recommendations? Recently got my switch and only really gotten into to Splatoon. Any other game with constant action like this?

Nickname: Dahron
~~~RockingTheSwitch~~~
Always looking for new friends so drop a add when ya can.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8245-0023-7921

Dogorilla

@RockingTheSwitch Rocket League is pretty great, as is Mario Kart of course. I also really like Arms but it's a bit of an acquired taste so I recommend trying the demo first.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jump

RockingTheSwitch wrote:

Any multiplayer online recommendations? Recently got my switch and only really gotten into to Splatoon. Any other game with constant action like this?

Fortnite and Paladins are worth a look.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

toiletduck

Any good skateboarding games on Switch already? Just had to think about Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 and feeling like playing a game like that

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Zeldafan848348

I don't know if this is going to come out in the direct/soon.

But can we please get a virtual console for the switch some old zelda/mario games would be nice.

Edited on by Zeldafan848348

Zeldafan848348

Switchnado

@Dogorilla Thanks for the suggestions. Rocket League has always looked interesting. Never pulled the trigger. But it seems like it'll fit some of my needs for more action while on the go. ARMS certainly seems like my type of game. Will try out the demo for sure.

jump wrote:

RockingTheSwitch wrote:

Fortnite and Paladins are worth a look.

Gave Fortnite a try. Just not my cup of tea. Actually waiting on Paladins to go free to play. Will honestly probably be my most played once it does. Thanks for the games.

Nickname: Dahron
~~~RockingTheSwitch~~~
Always looking for new friends so drop a add when ya can.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8245-0023-7921

LongyP

Looking for suggestions please!

(Thanks to @JasmineDragon and @DarkSim01 for their recommendations of Snipperclips and Kirby)

My eldest daughter (7) has special needs and although mobile and can communicate struggles to enjoy many things a typical 7 year old would.

We are doing the Mario thing (I'm Mario, you're Cappy) and also Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - she loves pointing at the screen and firing the apples(?).

Can anyone suggest other co-op games we can enjoy together which does not require too much dexterity or remembering what button does what? Thanks!

Edited on by LongyP

LongyP

Tiefseemiez

@LongyP

Not Coop, but Multiplayer: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
=> on Switch it has functions that support handicapped or very young players; a function called "smart steering" helps the player to stay on the track even when not pressing any direction. There is also a function automatically maintaining the speed as if you were pressing the A-button, even if you don't.
You obviously can still influence the vehicle, but if you mess up it doesn't get too frustrating.

=> maybe Pode? It is a coop-puzzler that looks adorable. I didn't play it though, but it was rather well-reviewed and is on my wishlist.

=> Lego games are usually good, rather easy and apparently many have coop (Ninjago and City Undercover were mentioned online)

=> Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Evee probably will be right up your alley, but it comes out in autumn.

Maybe you can elaborate what your daughter can and cannot do to make recommendations a little easier?

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

LongyP

@Tiefseemiez - She lacks dexterity and has cognitive delays - So anything requiring an understanding/remembering of multiple buttons and the need to react quickly is difficult.

LongyP

toiletduck

@LongyP you could try '30-in-1 game collection - volume 1' and in a few weeks 'Go Vacation' hits the shelves.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Dogorilla

@LongyP As Tiefseemiez said, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee will be a good option once that comes out, as it's a turn-based RPG so there's no need for quick reaction times.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

LongyP

Thanks All. Very helpful.

LongyP

Bart_T

I could use a recommendation; I got a few bucks worth of gold points saved up from realizing I could redeem all my physical games for gold points too. So I want a cheapie (10 bucks or less) game to blow them on.

Tell me your favourite cheapie in the eShop!

Bart_T

Scrummer

@Bart_T Right now Enter the Gungeon is on sale for half off, and I highly recommend it. It is one of my favorite games on Switch.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Field_Of_Streams

So, I have $20 in eShop credit, and I'm looking for a game. I already have Rocket League, Stardew Valley, The Flame in the Flood, and Oceanhorn. I had considered throwing in a few extra dollars and getting Hand of Fate 2 or maybe Portal Knights. That said, I would prefer to stay in the $20 range, but if there just aren't any, I'd be willing to go up to $30.

Thanks in advance

Field

Field_Of_Streams

Moroboshi876

I'm tempted by the low prices of Toki Tori and Toki Tori 2 on Switch right now, but I read that touch controls of Wii U version were missing and this is a step backwards, so I'm hesitant. Anyway these two games aren't on sale for Wii U right now (they should!), so I don't know what to do.

Switch code: SW-2291-6286-4620

Nintendo 3DS code: 2879-0476-7598

My Nintendo: Toni | Twitter:

FaeKnight

Field_Of_Streams wrote:

So, I have $20 in eShop credit, and I'm looking for a game. I already have Rocket League, Stardew Valley, The Flame in the Flood, and Oceanhorn. I had considered throwing in a few extra dollars and getting Hand of Fate 2 or maybe Portal Knights. That said, I would prefer to stay in the $20 range, but if there just aren't any, I'd be willing to go up to $30.

Thanks in advance

Field

Unless there's been a 100% overhaul, I wouldn't recommend Hand of Fate 2. The first one is boring, excessively easy, and has almost no actual strategy involved. The most engaging moments are when you're forced into a fight. And the combat mechanics were also boring with the fights being too easy. The concept sounds interesting on paper, but in the first game it fell far short of a good game. And barely qualified as a game.

Doing some research shows that no, they didn't revamp things very much. So I really can't recommend this game.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Scrummer

@Field_Of_Streams Try out the Yoku's Island Express demo. I just did last night and now I plan on getting it soon.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic