Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 2,207

Anti-Matter

@RenanKJ
Your avatar is Sora from Kingdom Hearts.
I think you will like 3D Platformer games or Action RPG games.

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@RenanKJ Mario odyssey, zelda breath of the wild, darksiders 1 or 2, yooka laylee and the impossible lair, donkey Kong country tropical freeze, mario maker 2, astral chain, links awakening, theres some other good ones too. If I think of them ill let you know.

NintendoByNature

RenanKJ

@NintendoByNature These are some really good games! But if you'd have to pick one to play first, which one would it be?

RenanKJ

NintendoByNature

Without question zelda breath of the wild. I'd play it over Any game on switch really. I'd take it on an island with me if it was the only one i could bring.

NintendoByNature

AndyD

"Animal crossing question/recommendation* i can't seem to find this anywhere...so i am wondering...if i have a downloaded copy on my main switch and a hard copy on my switch lite then i can play two different islands, correct? And with the hard copy it wouldn't require the 'online' verification correct? I'm asking because my wife is playing on our main switch and i am going to get a copy for our lite to have my own island. Then we can visit each others islands also. No big deal though. I just want to make sure it works okay. i would appreciate the help if anyone knows for sure.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

NintendoWiiDS

@scubydo Yes, it’s one island per system, so you and your wife will each be able to have your own.

NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

GRID Autosport is an easy recommendation for me. Feral Interactive did the “unthinkable” and delivered a stunning and realistic racing sim to Switch owners. The game feels fantastic, is packed with options such as motion controls and performance and graphics options to suit your experience and it is filled to the brim with content. There’s such a diverse variety of racing types in Autosport, from standard circuit racing, drag racing, street racing and even more wacky modes like a freakin’ demolition derby. And best of all, the game is so authentic with all the famous car brands, tracks and courses being rendered with such a beautiful attention to detail. I implore anyone who reads this to check it out. You won’t be disappointed and if you either play in handheld mode a lot or use a Switch Lite, the game single-handedly rekindles the pure magic of experiencing console quality games on the go if you’re completely used to the concept. The game is often on sale and it is an absolute no-brainer to purchase. Us Switch owners have deserved a genuine racing sim for years and Autosport nails it. Hell, this one even supports GameCube controllers and it responds to the feedback of pushing on the triggers: the harder you push, the higher you accelerate, or you can “push on the pedal lighter” with a weaker push. I don’t even know of many Switch titled that support the controller and a lot of effort was even placed there.

Edited on by NintendoWiiDS

NintendoWiiDS

Krull

Sooo... Assuming I don't want to fill up my entire SD card with Borderlands titles, which rules out the collection, and having never played any of the series before, do I pick up the original Borderlands on May 29 or Borderlands 2? Will I miss out by jumping straight to the sequel, which I assume is more polished?

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

icecube

Right, I need recommendations...

I'm spending more time on my Switch than my PS4 because it's just easier when a 3 year old kid is watching the TV.

I'm def gonna get a new game to play in this quarantined world but which one?

I like JRPGs that have been westonised (if that's even a word).
I've played and completed Zelda and just 100% completed FF12 Zodiac Age. Looking for something that are similar to those if possible?

I'll eventually get Xenoblade 2 but as the first one is due out next month as a remake I'll wait to play that first. Unless there are ZERO links to the story like a standard Final Fantasy game?

I'm a grown ass man and I'm even contemplating getting the new Pokémon game. :emoji_disappointed:

icecube

BinaryMessiah

@Krull You're better off going with Borderlands 2. They're all pretty much the same, the story is nearly nonexistent and not important. BL2 is more refined, has better content and character overall. I played Borderlands from the beginning on Xbox 360 when it came out and over time I've grown to get tired of the series. They're literally all the same with The Pre-Sequel being so boring I couldn't get through the first couple hours. Borderlands 2 is my favorite, I haven't finished Borderlands 3 yet, but it's too similar to the previous games from what I've played.

BinaryMessiah

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul | Twitter:

BinaryMessiah

@icecube I can tell you the Xenoblade games aren't linked at all. I got about 2/3 through Chronicles 3D and quit and I will eventually get back into the one on Switch. It's much more enjoyable, to be honest. Have you played the FFX remasters? Digimon Cyber Sleuth Saga is great, I'm just finishing up Pokemon Shield, I have my own opinions on that but I won't get into it. I'm not a super big JRPG guy as I prefer Western RPGs, but I like some.

Also, a grown-ass man with a three-year-old here as well.

BinaryMessiah

BinaryMessiah

@JasmineDragon Enter the Gungeon is great, only $30 at Best Buy. Quick pick up and play rogue lite. The Turok remastered games are fun and also at Best Buy for $30 each. Doom 3 is only $10, but Doom II is better if you prefer something older, doesn't feel dated honestly and it's only $5. Sadly, those aren't physical but the value is well worth it. LA Noire is a nice GTA clone and only $15 or so. Resident Evil Revelations Collection is physical (the second game is a download code), along with Resident Evil Origins Collection. Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy is a fun early 2000's platformer adventure for $20. Ghostbusters Remastered is a blast and it's only $30. Bayonetta 2 can be picked up for around $40 if you haven't gotten to it yet. Just some off the top of my head.

BinaryMessiah

Krull

@ivory_soul Thanks for that. Think that’s exactly what I needed to hear. Haven’t got any shooters on Switch apart from Splatoon 2, and Borderlands is a series that’s intrigued me for a while.

@icecube Best JRPGs on Switch are probably Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (don’t worry about not playing the first one - the story isn’t continuous) and Dragon Quest XI S.

You have a PS4, so you’ve probably already played The Witcher 3, otherwise that would have been my other suggestion.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

icecube

ivory_soul wrote:

@icecube I can tell you the Xenoblade games aren't linked at all. I got about 2/3 through Chronicles 3D and quit and I will eventually get back into the one on Switch. It's much more enjoyable, to be honest. Have you played the FFX remasters? Digimon Cyber Sleuth Saga is great, I'm just finishing up Pokemon Shield, I have my own opinions on that but I won't get into it. I'm not a super big JRPG guy as I prefer Western RPGs, but I like some.

Also, a grown-ass man with a three-year-old here as well.

Thank you Sir! I'll check out the Digimon game. I don't mind the slightly more childish games on the Switch.
Yep, played FFX to absolute death on multiple different platforms. One of my few Platinum trophies over on the PS! Played about half of X-2 but never completed it. I don't think.

So 100% both Xenoblades have absolutely nothing I'm common? If that's the case the Xeno2 will most likely be my next purchase.

icecube

BinaryMessiah

@icecube Yeah, they don't. Not even the same characters. It's been almost 2 years since I played Xeno 2, and it's hazy, but I don't even think they have the same story concepts if I recall, more of the name and style in common than anything else. There is also an expansion for Xeno 2 as well. I have only gotten maybe 8 hours into it. It's one of my favorites on Switch for sure.

BinaryMessiah

JoeDiddley

@icecube Dragon Quest XI Is the obvious choice, and Ni No Kuni is great if you didn’t play it already on PS3. I prefer monster collecting in this game to Pokemon Sword/Shield, but everyone’s tastes are different of course.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Louise29

I am looking for a active group I can join

https://4drclanforum.com/

Ninfan

@JoeM103 try BLAZE RUSH, its aracing game it's on sale for 2 euro ( just over a pound ) it has good online play. gameplay is like BADLANDS on the Zx spectrum ( If you remember that game ) but a lot better. have a quick look at it on eshop .

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic