Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 3,101 to 3,120 of 15,210

Haru17

Haru17 wrote:

Morpheel is still one of my favorite bosses...

iKhan wrote:

Morpheel was of my least favorite bosses in the series.

Morpheel wrote:

T_T

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I actually like the lock and key approach because it's a good way to test your knowledge of new mechanics, but I do think they could be more clever about the strategy and work in older and more general abilities. Something kinda like Mazaal or Big Octo in Minish Cap.

I agree, a blend is best. A boss with this defeat pattern would work.

1. Boss has a weak spot, but it's inaccessible.
2. The first step to revealing the weak spot is slashing it up with your sword. You don't deal permanent damage thought.
3. After enough damage from the sword, the boss will shift into a form via which you can use the dungeon item to open the weak point up to slashing.
3. The boss will also shift into this form after occasionally performing a particular attack, but the more active approach is much faster.

Well I wouldn't be so formulaic with that, but essentially a dynamic boss fight that involves the dungeon item in some way would be good. The dungeon item doesn't even need to be required to damage the boss, it could also be involved in dodging or countering. Another example from Minish Cap, the Gyorg Pair. Roc's Cape isn't required to actually hurt the Gyorgs, but you do need to use it to switch from one to the other and to dodge the Blue Gyorg's tail.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

shaneoh wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

Morpheel wrote:

Untitled

Sorry to go off topic, but what's that gif from?

I dunno, some anime series no one cares about. Kira or something? I dunno.

Kira or something? Never heard of it.

writes in a notebook that kills people and don't afraid of anything

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tyranexx

Heh, poor Bolin. I genuinely felt sorry for him right then.

Morpheel was a pretty easy boss, but it gets points for an awesome appearance. Stallord takes the cake for my favorite TP boss. The Spinner is still one of my favorite Zelda items. I'm hoping we see some form of it in Zelda U.

Currently playing: Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch), Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations (Switch/AAT)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

iKhan

Trinexx wrote:

Heh, poor Bolin. I genuinely felt sorry for him right then.

Morpheel was a pretty easy boss, but it gets points for an awesome appearance. Stallord takes the cake for my favorite TP boss. The Spinner is still one of my favorite Zelda items. I'm hoping we see some form of it in Zelda U.

I think the awesomeness of Stallord isn't as much the boss design as it is the coolness of the weapon itself.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

And eats chips dramatically.

Oh, man; I had forgotten about that! Some series are so serious and just, just aren't smart enough for it.

Yup, that Good Ol' Kira, from The Legend of Kira.

Lawl.

Haru17

iKhan wrote:

I think the awesomeness of Stallord isn't as much the boss design as it is the coolness of the weapon itself.

Well, of course; It's just a big skeleton! Morpheel and Stallord, just like Molgera, are both about the sheer scale and function of their rooms (read: stages) as well as their boss design. Granted Stallord has a bit more involved gameplay than Morpheel who in turn has more than Molgera.

LzWinky

Morpheel was crap though. He does NOTHING in the second stage

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Nonsense! More gifs!

Untitled

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Haru17

LztheQuack wrote:

Morpheel was crap though. He does NOTHING in the second stage

It was literally just 'here's a better, cooler version of both Morpha and Molgera' and there's nothing wrong with that; those fights had cool mechanics / animations, but were pretty limited in their original forms. Hero mode would help a lot, honestly.

Edited on by Haru17

erv

Me being great with names and all (not), I start checking the zelda wiki looking at all these bosses and get an instant bout of zelda craving...

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

erv wrote:

Me being great with names and all (not), I start checking the zelda wiki looking at all these bosses and get an instant bout of zelda craving...

Yeah, seeing the lighting on the Molgera larvas' glowing eyes in Wind Waker HD makes me excited for a big, next-gen, anime-toned Zelda game to use that kind of beautiful, colorful lighting from the start.

Haru17

Morpheel wrote:

No one asked, but Morpha is my favorite Zelda boss.

Nah, man; it's a wash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic