Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,101 to 14,120 of 15,210

canucksfan989

@Kimyonaakuma Stuck on the one hit kill I guess I used the attack armor from dlc pack 1 quite a bit plus the horse armor from 2 but yeah might like an overreaction but probably selling it

canucksfan989

canucksfan989

@Agriculture this would of been fine as a trial like trial of the sword but to start the dlc turns me completely off. Still love the base game and uses some of the armor for the base game just won't be finishing the story dlc. I'll always have it so I could return to it when I ultimately buy the game again I put in 120 plus hours time for other games.

canucksfan989

Kimyonaakuma

@canucksfan989 I don't know if this really helps but the angle that I attacked the enemy camps really helped me. Climbing to a high area and using arrows really helps. Also luring one enemy so that it's by itself helps, because then you can just one hit kill it!

I didn't do this but maybe it's worth going to a village and buying some arrows or something? I used a lot of bomb and shock arrows!
The shrines themselves can just be quite annoying because they have tricky puzzles that you have to restart a few times. The major test of strength one is a lot easier if you use stasis and shock arrows on the guardians!

But yeah that section can be kind of annoying but as I said it gets better

Kimyonaakuma

canucksfan989

@Kimyonaakuma I'll pass for now gonna try and get some money for digital Games like Sonic Mania and Axiom Verge. I'm sure it gets better just put enough time into Zelda for now I'll probably end up buying it again

canucksfan989

Agriculture

canucksfan989 wrote:

@Agriculture this would of been fine as a trial like trial of the sword but to start the dlc turns me completely off. Still love the base game and uses some of the armor for the base game just won't be finishing the story dlc. I'll always have it so I could return to it when I ultimately buy the game again I put in 120 plus hours time for other games.

I agree with this. The start of this dlc was awful. It does get gradually better though, and the last part is very good.

Agriculture

SKTTR

I put together all we got for 19,99 (BotW Expansion Pass 1&2)

1 new dungeon
16 new shrines
9 new photos (8 new enemies, 1 new weapon)
24 new important items
18 new armor items
5 new main missions
13 new side missions
5 new memories (story cutscenes)
1 new Shiekah-Tablet upgrade
1 new Heart Cointainer
Master-Mode
Path of the Hero
Master Sword strength at 40, 50, and 60
4 new diaries for the champions
1 new extra for Links house

Is this really lacking too much for 19,99?
Especially when it's a 250 hour game in the first place?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

brickofthewild

@SKTTR

Some people complain that this 20 bucks dlc is much less than the blood and vine dlc from witcher 3 which is said to go for half the price.
I am rather pissed at nintendos misleading advertising. Botw is a great game, when they introduced the Dlc packs they mentioned something about an original story. - that was the reason why I purchased it during summer - thought I would play a new story during christmas time.

So what exactly is this original story content? Revamped dungeons?

I would have bought the dlc packs anyway since I am a fan - BUT probably not yet!!! The DLC content is imo not very interesting, and imo not worth 20 bucks. So I guess I would have bought it later, when its half the price etc. as its not really something that I would need day one.

I am not complaining, its all my fault. I purchased something without knowing what it is - simply expecting the best. LESSON LEARNT. I might also buy the rabbids kingdom and xenoblade dlc packs. But this time I will wait until they are released and decide then wether to buy day one or wait for a price drop.

@Agriculture

You know what, I actually expect them do bring out more dlc, this time probably with actual story content. For now, they have just released some new challenges (advertised as original story content). Guess, more challenges wouldnt sell. So if they bring out new dlc it will have some new locations (probably an island) and some story. Otherwise it wont sell.

brickofthewild

carlos82

@SKTTR yes it is lacking, 16 shrines and 1 new divine beast (I'm not calling them dungeons) is nothing. How the list is written is a bit disingenuous.

Master Sword is part of the game, unlocking its power should not be dlc.
Path of the Hero was always in the game, should not be paying to see it
13 new side quests? All consist of here is a chest go open it
24 new important items? Not a clue what you mean here
8 new enemies? Where I haven't seen them, there's 1 new boss
18 new armour items? Yes they're nice but Nintendo also give such things for free when it suits them.

Basically for my £20 I've had the privilege of
50 floors of enemy camps literally cut from the main map, powering up the Master Sword should not be dlc.
Some new costumes which I had to go fetch, disguised as side quests and aren't of any real use.
1 new weapon which gets taken away after you use it for a bit (ironic for this game).
16 new shrines which are very fun.
Lots of filler, for each of the new shrines (after the first 4) you need to do 3 tasks you've already done in the game and then your reward is to repeat the exact boss fights already in the game (these were poor the first time).
Then a new divine beast which borrows much from the existing 4.

My problem isn't the cost but just how disappointing it is, there was so much potential for the dlc but all we end up with is a lot of recycled material from the main game and a few short cut scenes which add very little to the already sparse story.

Seriously compare this to the Horizon Zero Dawn dlc which is cheaper but adds far more new content than this. I voted Zelda as my GOTY and still stand by that but this dlc is mediocre at best

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Agriculture

brickofthewild wrote:

@Agriculture

You know what, I actually expect them do bring out more dlc, this time probably with actual story content. For now, they have just released some new challenges (advertised as original story content). Guess, more challenges wouldnt sell. So if they bring out new dlc it will have some new locations (probably an island) and some story. Otherwise it wont sell.

The Bloodmoon expansion from Morrowind, or the Dragonborn expansion from Skyrim is still the best way of doing dlc in my opinion.

Edited on by Agriculture

Agriculture

-Green-

Despite myself enjoying DLC 2 a fair amount, like I said a while ago, I do feel that a good chunk of the whole pack felt like things that should have been in the main game from the beginning.

Like even Aunoma himself said that he planned to have a fair amount of content from DLC 1 in the game originally but couldn’t apparently figure a way to integrate it. It shows tbh, as a lot of the time it feels like stuff that was cut or something similar to that.

Oh and it’s beyond me why Nintendo thought having the bosses ragdoll would be a good idea, lol. Personally, I feel it ruins their intimidation when they do that jazz. I kind of just realized this after replaying the game..

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

JoyBoy

Okay so I really enjoyed that final dungeon. And it’s boss might be my favorite zelda boss till date. The cutscenes are great and they really do give the game a more complete picture.
I also just started with the master sword trials, which I’ve been enjoying a lot. I’m now at the 2nd trail.

After all that I’ll probably collect some custumes etc on my motorcycle, because that’s a thing.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Dezzy

My god, the number of things I've discovered on my second playthrough that I missed on my first is absolutely extraodinary. Everyone needs to play this game several times, if they didn't 100% it the first time.
Just found the secret basement in the massive maze. Completely missed that on my first time.

brickofthewild wrote:

@Agriculture

I suspect they'll probably just get working on the next Zelda so they can fit 2 into a generation.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

gcunit

@Dezzy Fortunately I found that same place whilst playing last night, but I think there's probably plenty of people out there who would appreciate spoiler tags around mentions of things as cool as that. When I found it I was thinking "Woah! This is so creepy. How bad would it be if they all woke up?"

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

SKTTR

24 new items of the tab "important". No time to translate this right now, but here's the list in German, it's easy to figure out (I think).

01-03 - Zeichen von Mipha (x3)
04-06 - Zeichen von Revali (x3)
07-09 - Zeichen von Daruk (x3)
10-12 - Zeichen von Urbosa (x3)
13-16 - Zeichen der Bewährung (x4)
17 - Miphas Gebet +
18 - Revalis Sturm +
19 - Daruks Schirm +
20 - Urbosas Zorn +
21 - Antikes Zaumzeug
22 - Antiker Sattel
23 - Bild der Recken
24 - Teleport-Medaillon

1-23 are from DLC 2
24 is from DLC 1

Also, 5 of the new monsters are only available in Master Mode, the other 3 are only available in DLC 2.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Octane

New enemies? I haven't heard anything about that before...

Octane

-Green-

Yeah what new enemies? Are you talking about the Gold Variants?

I only recall one new enemy.

Edited on by -Green-

sidewinder572

Having finished the story part of the DLC the best analogy I have is, I liken it to a great great film that also has an extended version. The extended version enhances the film, but isn’t required.

sidewinder572

TuVictus

Pretty much, if you already were in love with the game as it was, the DLC is for you. It's more of the same, which isn't bad.

For people that got burned out on the game before the end, chances are this DLC won't do much for you, as it hasn't for me. I loved the shrines, but after 120, the promise of more wasn't exactly the most thrilling thing.

Hopefully this marks the end of BOTW and they can get to work on another game in the franchise. 3D or 2D, whichever.

TuVictus

-Green-

My dream wish would be that they take aspects from BotW and incorporate them into the standard formula. I like that they experimented with this one, and it would nice if they applied this to a more focused and 'traditional' Zelda game. Hopefully improving on it as well.

Edited on by -Green-

carlos82

@SKTTR well I don't know who's counting them as 24 or important because that's nonsense, I mean at least 20 of them aren't even items. Once again what are these enemies? King Modulga? Who is identical to Modulga, different coloured skins don't count, nor do the identical "memory" bosses.

There is 1 new enemy in the entire dlc pass, 2 useful items that arguably should have been in the game anyway and a bit of bonus stuff.

Don't get me wrong the new cut scenes and Shrines are better than those in the main game and I've not yet done the last divine beast but apparently the boss is fun and there's a nice surprise after. However there is no getting away from the fact that probably around 90% of the dlc is recycled from the main game which any other dev would be called out on but Nintendo always get a free pass on such things.

It just feels like the dlc is just trying to fix the game's story rather than being its own thing. The ending of the main game offered so much potential for dlc that this comes nowhere near close to realising.

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic