Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,141 to 13,160 of 15,210

Haru17

You have to start an entire new save file just to play in master mode!? That's so lame! You could kick into survival from existing saves in Fallout 4. There's just this large amount of refurbished content they added to the game, but that save file you've worked so hard on? Nope, not master mode. Do it again.

That's such garbage.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Undead_terror

I just lack two phantom armor pieces atm, but ya, the armor feels like beginner armor I would say, it's not all that hard to find and well it can't be upgraded so.

I sorta wish the armor was spread out more, the travel medallion was the farthest from the rest of the items, but as said it helps with the start of the journey.

Also it's a shame that the Dark Link outfit doesn't act like Majora's mask...and could be upgraded for being such a late game outfit.

@Haru17 Bad day huh? : P , so far apparently hard mode got different enemy placements and such (MOAR LYNELS), dunno about fall out, but it will be a bit of a different game, sorta excited to start over and see how it goes from scratch.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 Don't forget that some limitations may be a direct result of the Wii U version not being cancelled.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano I haven't said anything about the Wii U version since that weird cancellation rumor way back.

Grumblevolcano

@Haru17 Yeah but Nintendo did make it clear that the 2 versions would play the same so some things will have not been possible for the Switch version because of the need for parity with the Wii U version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano So... you're not being sarcastic? In any case, I don't really know how hardware would play into it. Probably the biggest factor would be how the game is coded, and whether the made the alterations or even could make the alterations to update existing save files.

Haru17

In Master Mode you only have two files of save data, one being an auto save.

No wonder the save system spawned me in a weird place already.

Edited on by Haru17

Octane

Weird, most games let you switch between difficulties on the go...

I'm certain this isn't a case of the Wii U holding the game back, it's just a weird decision by Nintendo.

Octane

Jen10

Has anyone in the UK been able to download the Expansion Pass yet?? I've bought it but can't find it in the eshop to download. Thanks

Jen10

erv

oooo hard mode requires starting a new save? That's... I don't know... tempting? Daunting maybe? Fun?

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

Come to think of it, I have no idea why the DLC is focusing on the champions and not their modern day counterparts. Even disregarding the flat ending, about an equal amount of focus is placed on the current day champions as their grandparents. And of that people liked Sidon more than they liked Mipha, there was obviously more to Riju than Urbosa who was barely even in the plot at all, White Edgy Rito was definitely less memorable than Revali with his whole two lines of voice acting — but Revali didn't have much to him either, and I honestly can't tell Daruk from other Goron characters except for the beard that I thought Gorons didn't have. Meanwhile his descendant seemed like a very distinct take on the whole Goron persona — he just had such a sudden jump from being established to cheering in victory without even having been able to do anything himself.

I think The Wind Waker's story was also harmed by its negative space-heavy open world, but it always had a really strong turning of the generations theme that Breath really didn't accomplish with its cast despite 8 different characters seemingly being devoted to exactly that task. If Breath was going to have a good narrative I think the champions or their descendants would have had to use their signature weapons. Playing the game it was painfully obvious that none of them were ever designed to actually swing their swords and spears — just to pose with them.

Edited on by Haru17

-Green-

The final level for the Sword Trial was pretty crazy. I only died once throughout all the floors, but several of the levels in this thing where awesome. It was short but I really enjoyed it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

The Trial is broken up into 3 parts. Something like a beginning trial, medium trial and final trial. You can only move on if you beat all the floors of the trial, and if you happen to die in one of the floors you'll have to start that trial from the beginning if you want to try it again.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

The64Master

So, which ones, then? I just really want to get killed by an npc...

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

The64Master

I just got slapped into a pond

The64Master

Switch Friend Code: SW-1498-9388-5099 | My Nintendo: The8BitWiz | Nintendo Network ID: ghostplaysgames

Haru17

DarthNocturnal wrote:

They said the save file was separate around/ at E3. Why are you surprised?

That I have other things than a game I've already played to worry about during E3?

Considering the changed enemy placements and, oh yeah, the floating platforms with enemies and chests on them, swapping between Normal and Master like a regular difficulty setting isn't gonna fly.

The game regularly resets objects upon a respawn, I don't see why this couldn't be changed with a loading screen.

Fallout 4's survival mode was largely just a modification (or the implementation) of stats.

What do you think blue bokoblins and gold lynels are, lol, cause they aren't new enemies.

Stats that could be removed or scaled down if the player opted to drop back to a “normal“ difficulty. And even then, you can't flip back to Survival once you've disabled it. So it still requires a “commitment“ of sorts.

Yep, and I was able to turn put my existing character into survival mode so I could try out the cool new mode that I had paid for without leveling for another 40 hours and losing all of my progress. Fallout 4 could change its save system to only autosaves when sleeping in a bed and add in thirst and fatigue-related items, so I'm sure the lauded Zelda team could have managed spawning a few pieces of wood in the air if they'd set their minds to it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic