Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,521 to 12,540 of 15,201

GoronBrudda

FGPackers wrote:

@GoronBrudda you can do everything after beating final boss, don't worry

Awesome, thanks for confirming that mate! I'm going round sweeping up as many Koroks as I can find first, and want to farm a few more star fragments to do some costume set upgrades so that I can go in there super leveled up. But upon getting my last shrine last week, I nearly accidentally got locked in with Shadow Ganon (so I just reloaded from my last save just in case it was the point of no return and screwed up my chance to do all the other things I wanted to get done first), but knowing that you don't lose anything, I'll probably just fight him and carry on from there if anything like that ever happens again.
Thanks for the heads up!

Edited on by GoronBrudda

GoronBrudda

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I took it as the koroks changing with the birth of the deku tree sprout in OoT (and likely the corruption of Ganon on the land). The Kokiri/koroks are spirits as much as plant beings (including the kokiri) so I'd imagine that they would be able to change and adapt much more quickly. What reason do they really have to look like kids other than to protect Link. For all we know they took on that form (or had it granted to them) by the deku tree when Link's dying mother came to the forest for help/shelter/childbirth. Deku Tree has always been insightful...maybe he knew Link was Courage's Chosen?

I think the Rito (bird) and the Zora just haven't started breeding together yet and that they still sire the rito (WW) tribe. Although it gives new meaning to the saying "A bird may love a fish but where will they live?". Although it would have been a fun nod if there was a zora/rito couple somewhere in the game. The yiga are idiots. I get why they are evil, but why are they old school ninja as well like the Sheikah? I would have restored and kept the abandoned tech (that wasn't possessed) and just shot up everything.

Didn't get to play this weekend. Been in the workshop building.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Nin10dad

This is brilliant @Som64

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama They kind of changed and adapted from a playful race of kids with the wisdom of elders into a bunch of spirits with the personality of a 3-year-old and a kitten though Though I'm much more fond of the Koroks than the kokiri because of it

The Rito....but here's the thing. The Rito did not exist in the past. We've been to the past (OoT) and there were no Rito. We've been to TP and there were no Rito (can't count the NES/SNES games because there were no other races at all except the Zora who were actually evil in the first game...). So the Rito (tribe?) as we knew them in WW seem to have been a pure evolution of Zora into birds rather than crossbreed of Rito and Zora into....other Rito (implying it's really just Rito and the Zora are effectively extinct.) The implication is that the Rito WERE the Zora, transformed. Not that they were the result of the fish people and bird people cross breeding until only one remained.

So we know there were no Rito of any kind in OoT era, and now we have Ritos and Zoras together. And sometime after that Hyrule flooded (Aonuma told us BotW is before WW), and ONLY the Rito remain? But then where did the Rito come from to begin with? Maybe they ate the Zora?

Worse, we were told WW flooded because the Hero of Time was off in Termina when Ganon returned and wasn't there to stop him causing the King to use the triforce to flood the kingdom. But if this takes place BEFORE the flooding it mans while we're doing this, THAT link was still in Termina, so the Rito appeared AFTER he got the Ocarina but BEFORE returning from Termina) That means the 10,000 year old tech should have still been around during Ocarina....which means Ganon appeared 10,000 years before OoT and was defeated by the tech. Which means OoT is NOT the Ganon origin story, nor a prequel to ALttP. Meanwhile the map references characters and places from other games INCLUDING MM, AND WW, implying this must take place AFTER (Mekar lake!)

More practically Aonuma should just say "yeah we frelled up the storyline, it makes no sense and has nothing to do with the rest of the series, just erase what you know and reboot it here."

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@meleebrawler Perhaps he was unconcious and would be tended to by well meaning individuals who reform him into a civilized do gooder. He wouldn't be the first Yiga to be reformed.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

I think the Rito (bird) and the Zora just haven't started breeding together yet and that they still sire the rito (WW) tribe. Although it gives new meaning to the saying "A bird may love a fish but where will they live?"..

...what?

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane what part are you confused by? Your "what" gives me nothing to respond to.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia maybe the botw Rito decend from loftwings?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane ok still nothing to work with so forgive me but I'm going to move on since you won't clarify.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

meleebrawler

@NEStalgia A lifetime of looking over your shoulder for your murderous former friends doesn't seem a much better alternative. And I don't see how you can KO someone with a sword. The Master Sword doesn't magically not kill non-evil beings, it just acts as a normal (if unbreakable) sword.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama No seriously, why do the Rito and the Zora have to breed? The Rito are descendants from the Zora.

Octane

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Hmm, interesting idea, it could be true...but then...does that mean that Skyloft was still around during OoT since the Rito weren't around yet?

"Hi Fyrson, by the way, fun fact, did you know my ancient ancestor rode your ancient ancestor as an unintelligent beast of burden? It's true! Anyhoo, I'll take the 5 pack of fire arrows."

@meleebrawler Didn't you hear at the last minute "Master, I am unable to do that! From this angle I predict a 87.4% probability that you will murder this individual." I did. But you can always use the broad end of the sword for a KO. But still, other Yiga leave and given the alternative of looking over your shoulder for a Blademaster with a hit contract or having to listen to Fi state stats at you, wouldn't you pick the former?

NEStalgia

jump

It's already been set up in one of the Oracle games that there are two lots of Zora (which was done to explain why they went from baddies in the early games to friendly folk) so I can easily see the sea Zora staying as Zora and river Zora becoming Rito or vice versa.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

FGPackers

NEStalgia wrote:

....which means Ganon appeared 10,000 years before OoT and was defeated by the tech. Which means OoT is NOT the Ganon origin story, nor a prequel to ALttP

I'm sorry to say your theory is impossible since Ganondorf used Triforce in OoT to become Ganon, as every Zelda official storyline says, so he couldn't become it before OoT

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane Oh gotcha, I'm assuming you missed NEStalgia talking about the strangeness of having Rito and Zora within the same game. I was offering a theory as to why they could still exist within the same game but still be the progenitor races for the Wind Waker Rito. After all they don't look like either the Zora or the Rito (or the watarara which inspired them in the first place but the BotW Rito DO look like) .

@NEStalgia ...never lived in the southern US before have you? I have literally had someone tell me that their grandfather likely owned mine (lol not true on my paternal side actually) and was totally serious and felt that was a normal conversation piece. All because of my mother's maiden name....so yeah I'll take those arrows.

Well OoT isn't the first game and we don't know how much time passed between SS (the first) and OoT (as far as we know so far the second game). And even within SS we had civilizations rise and fall with the first sealing of demise. Including some really advanced likely Sheikah tech (the robot race). So I would say that it is somewhat plausible that the loftwings could at some point settled somewhere away from their Skyloftian masters (as they wandered the world and became the Gerudo and Hylians ....I'm guessing) and over time (or by Hylia's blessing for all we know ) turned into to bipedal beings. Hebra is really out of the way and it is frozen tundra I could imagine that would allow them to be isolated long enough to carve out their own culture. How we get to bird/fish hatchling making...um well that part I will leave for others to speculate.

As for the other games I think it is possible to not know every race and culture in on a planet (we still don't know half of what is within our oceans) so I think it is totally possible to go through OoT and the other games and not have to have every race make an appearance each time to prove they aren't extinct. Ganon seems to flatten Hyrule every so often and likely takes records and tech out first (he tends to occupy and RUIN Hyrule castle first so I could imagine that a great deal of records are lost each time). So Hyrule could go through a dark age or rebuilding period and a race could fade into obscurity but still exist. Same with tech. Could have been buried/abandoned/forgotten which of course leaves the series open to bring it back randomly. We don't know how OLD hyrule truly is or how may Cycles it has endured.

Should I feel bad that my burning question is why do the Gerudo have pointed ears? I thought they were not worshipers of the Goddesses and thus had rounded ears that could not hear their whispers? In the LttP manual Hylians could hear Hylia because of their ears.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Octane

@Ryu_Niiyama I think that's just a difference in art style. The appearance of the Zora has been all over the place too, same for some of the enemies.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane So, we are metagame theorizing. The easy answer to all of this is it is a video game series and changes direction over time. However since Zelda is presented as a series of legends that are loosely chronologically tied (although perhaps distorted as they are re-tellings) it is fun to figure out how the pieces fit instead of Aonuma just going "F it, I want Rito in this game" and leaving it at that.

I know I get really detailed with my speculation in this thread, but I don't actually believe any of it. Narratives change. I've been working on a fanfic since the age of 13 and it is significantly different now than I'd even imagined then (and im still not done...). And that is just one person working on a work with no deadline. Who knows how many times tea tables have been upended or some young person sneaked something in and it stuck throughout Zelda's history?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@DarthNocturnal Your words to KT's ears. I just wanna be Urbosa. ...Now I wanna play HW. Still kinda bummed that Impa didn't get to show off being a badarse kunoichi this time around. Obviously she was, but by the time Link got to her, the legacy had been passed on to...Paya...The Sheikah are doomed.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic