Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,541 to 12,560 of 15,210

jump

DarthNocturnal wrote:

I wonder if any of the Champions will be playable Warriors in a hypothetical Hyrule Warriors 2. BotW didn't really add many other choices.

You've also got the Champions' successors and Master Khoga. Keep in mind Hyrule Warriors set the bar low by having Agitha as one of the fighters and not even as DLC.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JoyBoy

Hestu will be playable from the start. Shakalaka!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

meleebrawler

@NEStalgia It's already implied that Link couldn't hear Fi when Zelda passive-aggressively asks him about it. And it makes sense, too: there's no evil around currently, so why would the sword need to light and/or speak up? Same deal with Zelda's goddess powers, everyone tries to get it to intentionally trigger, but no, it'll only happen when it's REALLY needed. Also, you might be able to get a KO the way you described, but certainly not in one hit, while disarming the Yiga the way he did at the same time.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ryu_Niiyama

I blame too much Bleach when I was younger but I would love a deeper exploration of the whole Fi/Link relationship (with out her being the Navi replacement) in future games. Has she become fully self aware? Can they pull a Souls (As in Soul Calibur) series and corrupt her?

Edit: I seem to have misplaced my English. Pardon me.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

Well the lost woods turns people into skull kids and stalfos so I would think spending all that time napping there would do something to her. But seriously Fi has stabbed Ganon in the face a few times now...at some point he has got to get a clue and take over the sword. Instead of worrying about the kid holding it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Maxz

Maybe the Deku Tree sprout bore fruit that when consumed by the Kokiri, sprouted inside them and absorbed their souls; rebirthing them as plant spirits.

And then maybe the Longwings descended like vultures upon the lifeless cadavers of the former Kokiri, but in consuming them absorbed some of their remaining Kokiri Magic and took on bipedal form themselves; becoming the Rito.

And maybe the destruction of Hyrule was caused by the hero's tragic and unsightly death after he became overly intimate with his sword, due to falling in love with the spirit inside of it. Like a sort of passionate but largely accidental harakiri.

Is that all weird and disturbing enough to qualify as a proper fan theory?

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Brian-Price

Which weapons do you prefer for MAX DMG? The Royal Guard or Savage Lynel? I think the Lynel has a slight edge on power, especially the bows because the x3 and x5 factor but the Royal Guards are so much more pleasing to the eye. By the way i think the Ancient Gear(at least 2 stars) in combination with a 3 star attack up food +an Ancient Bladesaw will out damage all.

Brian-Price

Haru17

Agitha was a great choice though. If anything, Hyrule Warriors set the bar low by featuring a fanfiction art style and characters and creating unfaithful art assets for the different stages and fighters like 'Ganondorf' and 'Spectral Wolf Link Midna' instead of looking for more deep cuts.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama LOL, how did I somehow guess you were from (or at least spent formative years in) the south? Somehow your personality gives it away (that's a compliment btw )

Anyway, I discovered something exploring the zora tablets and one of the managed to actually pin a timeline on some things, which surprised me, but also made our conversation that much more confusing. It specifically talks about Sage Princess Ruto, and says that it was long, long ago, long before the Great Calamity or the construction of vah Ruta (and also that vah Ruta IS named for Ruto). So that means the Cybersheikah of 10,000+ years ago was long, long AFTER Ocarina, as in-game canon, meaning it was NOT the same tech as SS robots. That also means that if WW happened as a result of the flood caused by Link being in Termina after doing OoT, the tech came AFTER WW (even though Aonuma says this is before), meaning we're well over 10,000 years after WW plus the rise of the tech world. meaning the Rito from WW ARE these Rito (so then how did the Zora return as though they never left? I see a first person shooter spinoff prequel on the hoizon: "Rutella: Final Soldier" ), and that does explain how Lake Mekar is a thing. We don't know how the flood was drained, nor why Aonuma seems to have been unaware of this

So with this timeline it makes sense the Rito exist, it makes no sense the Zora exist at all let alone in a thriving ancient city, and it makes no sense that the whole game isn't taking place in a fish bowl. Then again original Zelda is the "last" in the timeline and Hyrule was not flooded, so there's a drainplug event we have not heard about.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@ReeLongbow Max dmg for how long? Royal Guard disintegrates the moment it touches anything, savage lynel takes some abuse.

@Maxz Finally SOMEONE else sees the Fi x Link unrequited love story. Take THAT, Ryu!

NEStalgia

HelloimTjorven

I beat ganon can i get back in the game to do all the sidequests? i reloaded the save because there was a star what now?

Edited on by HelloimTjorven

HelloimTjorven

ValhallaOutcast

question since this game can be played in any order, I do not want to play the main mission out of order, how does one know what main story quests to do first? or are they given to you in order?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Eel

There's no real set order for anything beyond "1-get out of the plateau 2-detroy ganon". But the game will do its best to point you towards the logical next steps.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ValhallaOutcast

thanks all for the replies, I was wondering why the first quest update was defeat Ganon, as I was exploring the land I ran into those fish people and their prince wanted me to go somewhere with him but I seen a few shrines in the area I wanted to do first so that's where I ended off yesterday

Nin10dad

'Those fish people'
In this forum, we call them Zora!
A proud and noble race... I'd certainly never call them 'those fish people' to their faces.....
😂😂😂
@ValhallaOutcast

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

ValhallaOutcast

@G0dlike lol my bad, I have been playing the original Zelda for NES for 30 years and I am embarrassed to say I never learned any of the monsters names other than Ganon

Grumblevolcano

The easy solution to all the timeline questions, have Mario Kart 8 be canon and hence all the missing gaps are filled in by the existence of Pink Gold Peach!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nin10dad

It's all good my man! Glad you're finding your feet in BoTw! The thing I love about the original NES Zelda was the lack of hand holding, and although that's carried on in BoTw, the technology has obviously advanced so now we have all the races and the timeline etc! I'm a little envious you still have it all to come to be honest! @ValhallaOutcast

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic