Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 12,501 to 12,520 of 15,210

Nicolai

Masurao wrote:

A recent interview on Famitsu revealed that most of the glitchy stuff like the flying minecart, the gyro maze trick, the boat trick, flying on trees etc. were made on purpose, to give the users the feeling that they tricked the game. Basically they had a whole bunch of testers play the game and whenever they came up with something ingenious, they discussed whether they should keep it or fix it, and in the end it all came down to: "if it's fun, why bother fixing it?"

I am pretty sure that no other developer had ever thought that far.

I'm sure they have before, but it's definitely not the norm. It seems like a lot of developers are concerned with a specific vision and crafting a singular intended experience, judging by how new features always have that extra incentive, and by how quickly they patch bugs these days. Imagine if they had download patches back in the days of SSB Melee. That beautiful mess of a game wouldn't be what it is today.

Probably not the case in melee, but I've always had a hunch that glitches from Pokemon gen I like Missingno and the ditto glitch were at least known about during development.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

GrailUK

@Spoony_Tech Ah well, I'm glad you caught that elusive chicken.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

zitpig

Speaking of poultry, did anyone else find it a bit disconcerting that a Rito was looking to buy poultry to eat in the Gerudo Town?

zitpig

Monkey_Balls

Okay, I give up. Where are the leviathan bones in Hebra? I've been searching for so long Link is getting frostbite. Can somebody point me in the general direction please? No spoilers. Thanks.

Also, I hate the Weapon Connoisseur quest. Jeez, does it never end? Every time, I think "this must be it", but nooo... Plus, the kid always asks for something I don't have in my inventory - does the game do that on purpose or am I just unlucky?

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

KirbyTheVampire

@Octane Not quite the same, though, considering that's basically the same thing as a bear eating a deer.

KirbyTheVampire

Monkey_Balls

Octane wrote:

@Monkey_Balls North-west.

Ha, well I know that! The NPC told me the bones are in Hebra. I've been exploring that area for the last few days - seen a whole lot of snow but no bones. Could you be a tad more specific please?

Monkey_Balls

Spoony_Tech

@Monkey_Balls Since you give up all I'll say is they're inside the.......

Took me forever as well but I finally found them. Look for the shrine.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@KirbyTheVampire But that's the point, right? Zora are fish, but there nothing wrong with fish eating other fish, or birds eating other birds, since mammals also eat other mammals.

@Monkey_Balls Near the Hebra North Summit.

Octane

zitpig

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Sharks eat fish, despite being fish themselves. And the Rito are clearly “above“ wild creatures.

Heck, don't the Zora eat fish too?

Octane wrote:

@DarthNocturnal And Hylians eat other mammals.

Yeah, I know, but sharks aren't seen as a higher order animal - the Rito, as portrayed in the game, are. And Hylians don't eat other primates. As for Zora, well as said earlier fish eat fish!

I know raptors eat other birds as do crows, but it was just weird to me. Moving along...

Edited on by zitpig

zitpig

Monkey_Balls

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Since you give up all I'll say is they're inside the.......

Took me forever as well but I finally found them. Look for the shrine.

Octane wrote:

Near the Hebra North Summit.

That should be enough clues (hopefully). Thanks.

Monkey_Balls

meleebrawler

So... about that Kara Kara Bazaar memory. Did Link really just straight up kill that Yiga dude who was about to slash Zelda? He collapses, in a series that generally goes out of it's way to avoid onscreen bloodshed of human-like characters (also seen in Oracle of Ages). I wouldn't say it's out of character or anything, but it's an odd contrast to how the game handles the rest of Yiga encounters.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Satomii

Just wanna hop in this thread to say...wow, what a damn game this is.

I've been playing for about a month and a half straight - and I normally NEVER do that with a game. I would usually be sick of it by then. But not this game. And it's strange - I'm not typically into the whole open-world thing as much as other people, but I am so attracted to everything in this game and what it offers.

I have all four divine beasts, so now I'm just relaxing and going from village to village to do side quests and shrine hunt. Ganon can wait!

Satomii

3DS Friend Code: 3282-2451-2722 | Nintendo Network ID: Ritsu_Tainaka

Nin10dad

Just clearing up my side quests now! Did the Zora monuments last night. That was super cool. Zoras domain is a really big place and the history of the Zora race, alongside their Hylian counterparts is really interesting. The armour isn't bad either. Wish I'd did this earlier though!!

Edited on by Nin10dad

nintendad.co.uk

Twitter @nintendad

Switch - SW-5274-3655-0708

NEStalgia

Lonely Arrow Girl FINALLY restocked some arrows. She hasn't restocked again since But at least I know it's capable of restocking and not totally broken in the save! It seemed to happen after I dropped into the 70's of normal arrows after trying to take on a Silver Lynel which costs me like 20 arrows per run.

@CosmicLight That's a super good tip! I only have arrows or so, and I can scarcely find cores these days, but I'll have to do a few more castle raids on guardians to see if I can get some more to make more arrows. I never thought of using them on lynels. They just have SO many hit points, and I can't get flurry attacks on most enemies except by dumb luck, I just never have good timing (did I mention I don't play fighting games? ) so I end up forever trying to do stasis, then hit him in the head with an arrow, then hit him in the head with an arrow again to stun him, attack, repeat and it takes SO many rounds its just not fun. And more importantly it costs at least 3 top shelf swords (or more) to take him down. And I need to down a lot of them to upgrade that barbarian armor (plus the knight's armor, just because.)

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Maxz Same! I thought that was a super special thing. Turns out the fireflies was the only thing I needed....never thought to check that location to do anything, ugh!

@KirbyTheVampire I love the Rito village itself, and the music, but I do wish it were bigger. Kind of makes sense that an avian race wouldn't use much space on land though. But the beast quest did feel truncated. "Go do one little training minigame then off to the best!" IMO the Rito area serves mainly as the "yeah, you're REALLY going to need the snow gear to do the snow areas that make up like 1/5 the entire game world" area. But since the location of it means that you're probably only going to get to it later in the game, it feels weird that it's so short. I ended up doing Naboris second, it just seemed the next logical location (only to find out after it's the hardest one), and it seems like the game really sets you up to do Rudania last since it has not one but two guardians blocking the roadway that leads up the mountain.

Personally I just find it weird that Rito AND Zora exist at all in the same game as two separate kingdoms, while the Kokiri and Koroks do not. That's a Miyamoto-sized timeline continuity tea table upending. I suppose that means that WW is the timeline of Link Failing in Ocarina, AND Link failing in BotW. So basically WW is the timeline of if there really is no legendary hero to begin with, so to make it canonical you should just throw yourself off a cliff on the starting island and declare it the "true ending"

NEStalgia

Haru17

@meleebrawler If this was a Zelda game without the imposed lightheartedness that man would have been exploded after getting 'kalima'd by a giant glowy hair-hand.

And yes, I also spammed shops until I had purchased 200 of each type of elemental arrow and like 600 regular ones, and now no arrow shop will sell to me. Breath of the Wild really hates players becoming powerful and subverting the typical gameplay loop.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Maxz

@NEStalgia Yeah, I missed the exact same quest. I actually looked for help online (it was one of my final five), and there was definitely a bit of an "oh... is that it?" moment.

In fairness to Rito Village, it at least makes some use of the surrounding area, which makes it feel a little more than a single rock. The Warbler's Nest quest definitely established that area as part of the village's community space, and the Pride of the Rito shrine quest also neatly tied together the town and the ring of land surrounding it. It would have been nice to see more of that though, as it doesn't have the majesty of Zora's Domain or the lively, bustling, market-town feel of Gerudo City. If there had been more bits of the village dotted around on separate islands in that water basin, it might have really expanded the sense of scale of the place - like a giant open air aviary. Similarly, I'd also liked to have seen Goron village extend a somewhat underground, as that would have provided a very unique 'cavey' feel to the city, like in OoT. The only other properly enclosed place in the game I can think of is the Yiga Hideout. Oh, and Hyrule Castle for large sections. But I don't feel there's a lot. Someone made the remark of BotW having the best overworld they'd ever enjoyed, but practically no 'underworld'. Thinking about it, I can see what they mean.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Maxz Yeah, though for the Gorons there's also the Southern Mining Camp that's semi-enclosed in a cavern (or surrounded by huge sheer cliffs somewhat enclosing it) that's certainly a big part of the village including quests. And the hot springs. And the northern mining camp that was abandoned but still has signs of being part of the town before it was abandoned. So Goron City itself feels small but it spreads into the surrounds arguably more permanently than the Rito.

I loved Warbler's Nest though! Best quest in the game

And I agree there really is no underworld. All shrines are underground, but that and the Yiga (and parts of the castle is about all of it.)

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic