Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,231

LuckyLand

@MrGawain I have always played the game in third person and never had any issue. I would recommenfd to use 1st person view only when you want to use long ranged attacks (I always use 1st person view to aim with bows, but after some training now I can aim for magic attacks in 3rd person with ease) or when you are searching for sometrhing and you really can't find it anywhere then 1st person view can become useful. I don't like 1st person view either but it is very fast and comfortable to switch between the two in Skyrim (you just have to press the right analog stick button) and for the most part 3rd person view works great.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

KirbyTheVampire

PLATINUM7 wrote:

@MrGawain
You can play the whole thing 3rd person if you want to but I wouldn't recommend it. It's really meant to be played 1st person. Going 3rd person all the time would lead to some frustrating experiences.

Like what? I personally don't play in third person because I find first person more immersive, but I don't think there are many frustrating experiences from playing third person. It might be harder to pick up small items or to notice little hidden things occasionally, but that's about it.

KirbyTheVampire

Haru17

Yeah, Skyrim isn't like 10 other generic action RPGs, its combat system is designed to work in first-person to the benefit of immersion. Aiming the camera in first person gives you the nuance to pick up individual items off of shelves that almost every other non-VR game outside totally lacks. And you'll want to be able to scour shelves, especially if you plan on playing a thief. All of the shelves and cupboards in dungeons, inns, and towns are populated with items, some valuable. There are a lot of settings and things if you're worried about the perspective making you sick.

Personally I already leveled my characters too far on PS4 so I don't think I'm going to buy the game a third time (leaving my Skyrim total at $165 + tax at time of writing). I've actually been playing on my now level 72 lightning vampire lady recently and I just found the special necromancy spells that fit her whole aesthetic. I use a bound bow, stealth, and illusion to mess with dudes. I had never played a vampire before the special edition and I'm having a lot of fun being amoral and indiscriminatly stealing, killing, and feeding on NPCs.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

New Skyrim PRIMA Atlus guide for Nintendo Switch version. Also an LA Noire guide covering all versions, including Switch and VR

https://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-Atlas-Official/dp...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haru17

Don't buy that it's worthless. Skyrim is literally the most well-explained RPG on the internet ever.

JaxonH

@Haru17
Some people like them as collectibles. In fact I think that's pretty much everyone who buys physical guides nowadays. And since they come with an e-guide which is super handy on an iPad while you play, it makes it even more attractive.

I buy guides for every Nintendo game that gets one. Always have, always will

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

WhiskeyFlamingo

Man, this game is great. Hopefully Oblivion crops up on Switch at some point, played that recently and while it may seem archaic, was great fun. SkySwitch is a worthy purchase.

“To every man his little cross. Till he dies. And is forgotten.”― Samuel Beckett
“One day at a time, sweet Jesus. Whoever wrote that one hadn’t a clue. A day is a f**kin’ eternity”
― Roddy Doyle.

Nintendo Network ID: MunsterRugbyfan | Twitter:

Haru17

I'm just saying if you want to play the game while spending less money, which is usually the goal...

SKTTR

This review is funny. The most accessible, most polished port. He's talking about the Switch version being free of bugs(!) while ALL other versions were full of them.
All the buggy versions were praised as one of the best games of all time getting 10's everywhere.
The perfect Switch version got an 8/10.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

WhiskeyFlamingo

@SKTTR

That is pretty funny alright! One of my favourite bugs was getting launched into the air by Giants! Or a dragon clipping into the ground, getting stuck and allowing a low level me to attack it. Heh, may buy this for the Switch when I get one, just for old times sake.

“To every man his little cross. Till he dies. And is forgotten.”― Samuel Beckett
“One day at a time, sweet Jesus. Whoever wrote that one hadn’t a clue. A day is a f**kin’ eternity”
― Roddy Doyle.

KirbyTheVampire

I don't think reading any sort of guide is a good idea at all. Maybe if you're completely stuck for some reason you could look it up, but otherwise, I think it's best to experience the whole game for yourself.

KirbyTheVampire

SKTTR

Aaaahhh... Now I understand. The crazy bugs made the game so good, so fun.
Without the fun bugs from the original and the new ones introduced in the special versions, the Switch version is of course much worse.

What's left in the game if there's no dragons glitching with the heads through the houses? Or people flying into the air for no reason?

Edited on by SKTTR

WhiskeyFlamingo

@SKTTR Nah, some bugs could cause issues, I had the Legendary Edition with all the DLC for Xbox when that came back and by that point a lot of the worse ones where gone (I believe). Funny thing is, the Giants launching you into space was a physics related thing with the games engine, pretty sure the momentum or system was what caused it.

I remember reading of a mod that tweaked the physics so running into a counter and causing an apple to roll off and hit you could hit you with enough force to kill you.

― Roddy Doyle.

SKTTR

@IrishGamer97 Most of us Nintendo players were spared from those issues.

Well, until Assassin's Creed III came for Wii U. That's when my first horse tied to a carriage went upside down through a river, crouching up a steep wall forcefully and then spinning towards the moon with the carriage somersaulting around it. I thought that was indeed fun. However, even AC3 was polished up to the point that circumstances like these were pretty rare, like, only once in my 100% playthrough.

Edited on by SKTTR

WhiskeyFlamingo

@SKTTR Yeah bugs can be fun when it happens occasionally, however, not like Sonic 06's type of bugs! I've a pal who plays that game the whole time just to see all the bugs and glitches. It's pretty kooky but I can see the interest behind it.

― Roddy Doyle.

Haru17

HD remakes of games made back when studios finished games before shipping them get 8s because reviewers are detestable neophytes.

And yes, it's always best to go in blind. Although I think Bethesda games are literally impossible to spoil because, even if you learn a ton, you'd still have a bunch of secrets, quirks, quests, questlines, and lore to find.

Edited on by Haru17

JaxonH

I always go in blind. For any game.

But when I do get stuck it sure is handy having a nice e-guide to quickly and easily show you what to do. Can't stress how much the Mario Odyssey guide helped me finding moons that were driving me crazy.

But I do buy them for the collectibility, not so much to use going into a new game. The fact I get a guide that I can reference if I so desire or so need is just a bonus

Haru17

Yes, it'll look as good as remastered games do on Switch.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic