Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,231

JasmineDragon

@Tasuki Yeah, I've been to that spot. Very frustrating. Fighting dragons is bad enough, but I can't even put a scratch on a giant.

After dying a couple of times, I turned around and ran like hell. It's gonna be a while before I go back there.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Eel

I remember one of the first things I did when playing the game was find a giant.

I ran around in circles in one of those lookout spots that are usually filled with bandits or guards (I had killed off the bandits already). Looking back and shooting arrows at the giant.

It took several minutes and he tried o run away multiple times.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

LuckyLand

I have the feeling that giants have been made a lot more quiet than in the original release. I bought the game on PS3 in the day of its launch and at first I had to run away everytime I saw a giant in the distance because they got angry extremely easy and immediately attacked me. Then I played it again some years later and giants were absolutely not that easily triggered.

Talking about giants and dragons it once happened (on PC) that two different dragons appeared a the same time while a giant and his two mammoths were around. The computer struggled A LOT to handle that situation. I don't even remember if I waited until somebody was killed or I just turned it off because of the awful framerate I had to deal with.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Haru17

Resurrecting an entire dungeon's worth of dragur with the aetherial crown exploit (ritual stone) and leading them against the dragon priest boss like an RTS definitely sent the 360 into conniptions. I should try that again in the remaster and see how well PS4 stacks up.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tasuki

So how do I get more amor recipes for crafting? Do I have to find them in the world or is it by putting points in my armor skill or something I haven't even thought of?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

SilverEdge92

@Tasuki
Upgrade your Smithing skill then pick the perks in the Smithing skill tree when you level up to start crafting that type of armor and weapons.

Edited on by SilverEdge92

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

Tasuki

Ah ok I see. Also does stuff respawn in areas?? Like there's this one cave type area I found where I cleared out the bandits. I was thinking of using it as a place for me of sorts till I can afford a house, thing is I don't want to leave stuff in the caves like ore and such that can be used for crafting if enemies will respawn in there.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@DarthNocturnal Ah ok I was thinking of turning the Steam Camp place north of Whitehall into a makeshift home, that's why I asked. So tired of getting emcumberd. Might check out that house you mentioned though.

My Backlog

Eel

@Tasuki it's up north, to the left.

A bit far. But it was actually the second big city I found on my own.

It's a really cool place, I like it

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

@Meowpheel Ah ok. Yeah keep trying to get out of the area here but I just keep finding things to do and places to explore lol.

My Backlog

LuckyLand

Tasuki wrote:

So how do I get more amor recipes for crafting? Do I have to find them in the world or is it by putting points in my armor skill or something I haven't even thought of?

You have to unlock them as perks in the skills screen.

@DarthNocturnal I think that the only thing that don't despawn are ashes when somebody gets killed in a vampire attack. On PC if you want to get rid of them you must use cheats, on console versions you can't use cheats.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Mii_duck

Meowpheel wrote:

@Tasuki it's up north, to the left.

A bit far. But it was actually the second big city I found on my own.

It's a really cool place, I like it

I wouldn't go food shopping there though...

Mii_duck

Eel

@Mii_duck we don't talk about that.

As a side note. Will the bodies from a certain battle in the city ever go away?

I kinda proped Borkul up near the entrance.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Tasuki

I finally saved up enough gold to buy myself a house XD. Now I can store all my ingredients and such there so I don't have worry about being emcumberd all the time.

My Backlog

Tasuki

The size don't bother me to be honest, just wanted a place to store all my stuff.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic