Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,231

Eel

Isn't the plot the same price as the cheapest house anyway?

From what I remember, it also came with enough materials to build the first room.

Anyway, it wasn't a prank. I genuinely think it's a good house.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Deadpool

Hi guys,
I wanted the save files of Skyrim pc game and I also found it but it does not work.
Can you tell me what is the problem??

Edited on by Eel

Deadpool

AndyD

okay, I have had this game for a good while downloaded, but I am just now able to start playing it. As a beginner, is there are good "build" to go with? OR should I just try out some different things? I enjoy melee and magic play styles. So maybe a hybrid?

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Eel

The easiest playstyle is the "sneaky archer", however as far as I know every style is perfectly viable. Just play around with everything you find and something will stick.

Eventually you may end up maxing a style and want to move on to a different one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

I am doing a great Weapon fighter build, basically I use a two handed ax or sword and I am enjoying it not having to many problems with enemies (well except Giants but that's a whole other story). As it is there is no "good" build in the game it all depends on your playstyle. If you are better with a FPS type game play you might want to do an Archer type. If you are good and hack and slash playstyle then a fighter might be better.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Mii_duck

@scubydo - try a single handed weapon (swords are the fastest to use) in one hand, with magic in the other - swap between destruction and healing spells as you need so you can level all up. You can then be burning/freezing/healing and swinging your sword at the same time.

Single handed swords aren't as powerful as double handed weapons but you can use them quicker, and later on you can find glass etc or enchanted ones and craft them to high levels.

I tend to swap out my magic for a shield regularly, to level that up too.

That's just what suits how I play (full set of light Nightingale Armour too) but the joy is in experimenting.

I made my armour, shield and one-handed all legendary when they reached 100,which made for an interesting few hours as they drop down to level 15, but it helps increase your main level as you build them up again. I'm currently level 61 and haven't visited the Greybeards or started Dawnguard yet...

Mii_duck

KirbyTheVampire

Any play style is perfectly viable. I find that I generally have the most fun playing an assassin type character, though. The "warrior" style of combat in Skyrim can be kinda clunky and just generally isn't all that satisfying, but slitting throats and shooting people from the shadows is very fun, at least for me.

Magic can be pretty fun as well, and doing a mix of spells and melee is also enjoyable. It just depends on what you enjoy. They all work well.

KirbyTheVampire

Agriculture

Is the map in the physical release? I got this for PS3 way back when it was released and it came with an amazing map.

Agriculture

Mii_duck

@DarthNocturnal - thank you for the head's up on that, I'll Google it.

The bug that caught me out was the 'slow time' perk you can add to the blocking skill, where the game glitches and stays permanently in 'slow time', forcing you to reload a save. I can't believe they didn't take the chance to fix big flaws like that.

Mii_duck

Mii_duck

I've just beat The Ebony Warrior! Wooo Hooo!

Sorry, just had to blow my own trumpet for a bit, but just defeated the (admittedly very polite) big boss who appears when you reach level 80. Well, I say I beat him but in reality I summoned Karstaag and ran to a safe distance. Happy days.

Mii_duck

Haru17

I forget if this works: Can you unrelenting force / ice form the Ebony Warrior off of a cliff and cheese it?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tasuki

@8-Bit_Superman Well.they said that it's not for this gen it will be a next gen game so if it does come to a Nintendo console it will be the Switch's predecessor.

My Backlog

Ryu_Niiyama

Not expecting a switch version for VI but I am really hoping this comes out next year. Bethesda is good for same year announcement/releases. (I just wanna play it) here is hoping the building aspect is expanded.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

@SilverEdge92 What is there to talk about. They literally showed nothing but a name and heck even the name isn't complete. If you notice there's no subtitle like Skyrim or Oblivion or Daggerfall etc.

My Backlog

KirbyTheVampire

@8-Bit_Superman Probably just to shut up the people hounding them for it, even though Elder Scrolls 6 was inevitable anyway. As if they'll stop making games in their biggest series.

KirbyTheVampire

shaneoh

SilverEdge92 wrote:

Surprised nobody's mentioned it already, Bethesda officially announced The Elder Scrolls VI at their presentation.

Now with only three skills, melee, magic and stealth! And zero attributes! Plus twice as many bugs as Skyrim.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

FaeKnight

Wait, you can melee in Skyrim? I thought the only combat build was Stealth Archer?

In all seriousness, why go with a mage or melee build when stealth archery is so powerful? Not that you have to chose if you want to be a mage, melee, or archery build. Just work on the skills you want to use, and you can max them all out (multiple times). Granted, trying to work on melee when you leveled an archer build quite a lot can be a pain.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic