Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 381 to 400 of 11,400

SKTTR

@link3710 Nice start for Team17 and I'm definately picking up Worms W.M.D on retail.

I'm somewhat disappointed that there's no announcement for Yooka-Laylee and The Escapists 2, the two Team17 games I really want. They look far more interesting to me than Overcooked and Yoku's Island Express. But at least Worms is covered, so that's good news.

It seems Worms, Yoku, and Overcooked are just the first Team17 Switch games that are finished, while Yooka and Escapists take some more time and (hopefully) will follow.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

McGruber

Has anyone noticed how the spines of Switch games are mostly all in the same boring font and color? Yet some have logos and some have different fonts. Do you think Nintendo changed their guidelines after seeing how boring the games looked side by side?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Xyphon22

@McGruber Well, Bomberman was a launch game and has fancy yellow text on the spine, so probably not. I guess most companies just don't want to do that little bit of extra work to make it nicer.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Paraka

@McGruber - I am torn on whether I like them or not. They are a bit more... cramped on the spin regardless, seems easier to read now with the current state.

Paraka

McGruber

I don't mind the all red background, it's the simple font that is the same on so many games that irks me. It's just puzzling why it is that way because I am looking at my DS, Gamecube, Wii, 3DS, and Wii games and they all are distinct from one another in some way. Wii and 3DS games had a white background but a unique logo for each game. Some of them like Batman Brave and Bold had full color spines. It Fu**s with my OCD is all I'm saying. We also saw the issue with the game icons I guess and I guess I am just surprised these devs/publishers really don't want to take that small extra step in making their game stand out.

McGruber

SKTTR

@McGruber No, it was every publishers own decision how to design the spine from the very beginning.
Most games launched with the regular centered font and color, which I think is nice and makes for a clean look side by side, but there were also launch games like Has-Been Heroes that have their title logo on the spine.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

link3710

@McGruber Hm? I mean, a few of the launch games were like that, notably Has-Been Heroes (since reprinted with standard letterering, then again with standard lettering and a new blue cover), Just Dance 2017 and Super Bomberman R and Binding of Isaac (At least the first release, unsure on the second). Other than that, everything released since has been uniform, or are there games that have changed since?

link3710

link3710

@tighecg Since I know you were looking for this information, The Retro City Rampage second chance event is going to happen per VBlanks email:

"Although the Limited Collector's Edition was a one-time printing, a small number were held back to give those of you who missed it a second chance.

These remaining copies will go on sale Monday, November 20th at 9am PT / 12pm ET, and will begin shipping the next day.

Only a few hundred remain, so there is a limit of one per customer. As a common courtesy to others, if you already got your hands on a Collector's Edition, please refrain from ordering another.

If you're unable to snag a Collector's Edition, a small restock of the Standard Edition is in the works and should be on hand in a few weeks."

link3710

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@tighecg Since I know you were looking for this information, The Retro City Rampage second chance event is going to happen per VBlanks email:

"Although the Limited Collector's Edition was a one-time printing, a small number were held back to give those of you who missed it a second chance.

These remaining copies will go on sale Monday, November 20th at 9am PT / 12pm ET, and will begin shipping the next day.

Only a few hundred remain, so there is a limit of one per customer. As a common courtesy to others, if you already got your hands on a Collector's Edition, please refrain from ordering another.

If you're unable to snag a Collector's Edition, a small restock of the Standard Edition is in the works and should be on hand in a few weeks."

I got it from the horse's mouth that there were roughly 4k Collector Editions created for that first run - and they obviously went fast (they were sold out within a couple of hours)... ...offering a "few hundred" means, you better be sitting by your computer as soon as they open up the ordering if you want to have a chance!!

TalonMan

tighecg

Thanks for the info link and TalonMan. I work overnights so sitting at the computer on Monday will not be a problem. With only a few hundred copies left, I bet they sell out in minutes, LRG style. Lets hope the scalpers aren't paying too close attention!

tighecg

TalonMan

tighecg wrote:

Thanks for the info link and TalonMan. I work overnights so sitting at the computer on Monday will not be a problem. With only a few hundred copies left, I bet they sell out in minutes, LRG style. Lets hope the scalpers aren't paying too close attention!

Don't wait for the "alert email" from VBlank, telling you that the sale has started - otherwise, you might actually miss!

I remember when they did the first set of pre-orders (I still have the emails), I just sat on the page and kept refreshing (because I had a feeling things would go fast) - the store opened up at 12:01pm and I put my order in... ...at 12:06pm, I got the "Now on Sale" alert email from vBlank (which went to my junk folder, btw)!

If they're really only selling a few hundred - six minutes might be all it takes, to miss out.

GOOD LUCK!!!! Go get your RCR!!!

TalonMan

McGruber

This week is another big week with 6 (or 7) new releases. Anyone else interested in Rime? I'm going to be picking that one up. Axium Verge will have a special Multiverse Edition seemingly available everywhere/at random, and Gear Club Unlimited is a Gamestop exclusive for the first part of it's retail run. Gear Club is available now at most Gamestop stores and online despite the official date being the 21st. Don't forget to check out my other thread with all of the North American Black Friday deals! Happy gaming!

And don't forget, for the UK kids:

Untitled

Edited on by McGruber

McGruber

Anti-Matter

@McGruber
For Let's Sing 2018, how do i sing in front of Nintendo Switch ?
Using Karaoke Mic for Wiimote since New update for Switch allow gamer use Wiimote as Switch controller ?

Anti-Matter

McGruber

@Anti-Matter The game comes with a USB microphone, so hopefully it has a really long chord. It probably works with any USB mic that worked on the Wii, but not one that plugs into the Wii remote. That's just my guess though.

McGruber

Reginald

I once was looking forward to Rime, but after reading about its poor performance, especially in handheld mode, I have no choice but to give it a pass. It's a shame, at one point it was a must-have for me.

Reginald

tighecg

Got it! They still have it as of 9:04, go get it!

tighecg

tighecg

Gone as of 9:05

tighecg

leerafuse

got mine! woooo!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

link3710

Congrats! I already had my copy thankfully.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic