Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 361 to 380 of 11,409

TalonMan

vibet wrote:

I am jealous of all the physical releases in US. Feels like UK wants to go digital

LOL!!! Call me greedy - but I'm jealous as hell about Syberia (and I'll presume, Syberia 2 & 3)! Would have LOVED to buy those (and I still MIGHT) had they been given a US release...

...you know, to be honest - I think if any one of these console manufacturers were to go 100% digital, I really do think they'd only be hurting themselves. My gut tells me it's going to happen with one of the "Big 3" doing it (and probably sooner than I'd like to admit) - but even with the pervasiveness of high-speed broadband, there is ABSOLUTELY a segment of the population (both here in the US, and I'm sure in the UK and elsewhere around the world), who simply do not have high-speed access.

And so, you wind up completely locking them out of your console if you do not provide a way for them to purchase their content at retail...

TalonMan

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

@TalonMan Those are awesome! I'm gonna wait to get any myself, especially given the awesome news @yeayeanaynay just posted. We're gonna be getting a ton of cool games next year in print... Ouch my wallet though.

I'm predicting Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2 (unless we're going to see another collection release), Mutant Mudds Collection, Stardew Valley, Gonner, Severed and maybe (but probably not) even Sonic Mania might see releases next year.

...and I'm with you - while these covers make an excellent substitution, if what @yeayeanaynay comes to fruition, I will be ALL OVER THAT!!!!

TalonMan

tighecg

Has Lumo shipped for anyone yet?

tighecg

TalonMan

tighecg wrote:

Has Lumo shipped for anyone yet?

Not me - Amazon just sent me the "You're going to have to wait!" email, though there are apparently sellers both on the Amazon marketplace (and eBay) who are shipping... ...at least, they CLAIM they are!!

But, since I've got my Prime discount (and since BestBuy isn't even selling the game) - I'm gonna have to wait it out. This feels like Sine Mora EX all over again...

TalonMan

TalonMan

yeayeanaynay wrote:

Koei Tecmo is partnering with NIS America on a special limited edition retail version of Atelier Lydie & Suelle..

I just saw it on their site yesterday - LOVE IT!!

I had pre-ordered the one for Nights of Azure 2 and it is simply AWESOME looking!! I'm looking forward to this one, too...

TalonMan

McGruber

@TalonMan I feel the same way you do, but you know they still sell music CDs in Target, and Walmart, so maybe we don't need to worry THAT much quite yet

As far as fake cases for download games, ya'll doing too much. lol

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

TalonMan

McGruber wrote:

@TalonMan I feel the same way you do, but you know they still sell music CDs in Target, and Walmart, so maybe we don't need to worry THAT much quite yet

As far as fake cases for download games, ya'll doing too much. lol

Yeah - they still sell music and such, but you KNOW all of these guys are studying the Netflix business and are striving to find a way to stream games in the same way.

I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this as something that will never happen. All segments of the entertainment business are extremely mindful of their copyright protections, but none are as obsessed about it as those in the gaming industry (especially Nintendo) - and streaming games would be the holy grail to these guys! They'd be able to sell games to you that you could NEVER possibly ever own...

TalonMan

McGruber

@TalonMan I agree with you, and I definitely am not naive to think it will never happen. An all digital (with a few collectibles) future is coming. Its up to people like us to teach the value of physical media to the younger ones who will probably grow up telling us "why would I want to go to a store or order online something I can just download and play?". -_-

Edited on by McGruber

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Paraka

@TalonMan - I doubt it'll go away for a while. The major reason it hasn't happened yet is the major retailers get a massive amount of shoppers for electronic media year-round, and especially during the holidays. If they come in for a game, chances are they are 80% likely to shop a bit during the visit. Retailers WANT and NEED that browse.

If they sold consoles alone, we would probably see shorter lifespans of each gen to promote good relations with these retailers and encourage more frequent retail visits, otherwise they're selling off their consumer base.

Paraka

link3710

Oh, I just realized a game I'm sure EVERYONE is waiting for is coming out next week. Let's Sing 2018 is out on the 24th in the EU only. (Never even heard of the series, but adding it for the record anyways)

link3710

SKTTR

@link3710 @McGruber

There's also a German version called Let's Sing 2018 mit deutschen Hits.
It has a selection of German songs on it. It's probably different from the "international" EU version. I don't know because I don't care for these types of games, but hardcore collectors should look into it some more. Maybe there are alternative versions for other EU countries as well.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

weekendroady

@SKTTR

I used to collect for PS4 until deciding to sell off due to the annoyance of the loose disc issue. I tracked all the EU singing games - you'd be surprised at what flies under the radar, like the Singstar game had separate Poland, Portuguese and Finnish versions that nobody outside those countries really knew of or cared about. They shared some of the same playlists but had region specific songs/videos and covers.

As for Let's Sing 2018 I also see a separate French release too: Let's Sing 2018: Hits Français et Internationaux
while the Spanish version is Let's Sing 10. Ravenscourt did this with the Let's Sing 2017 releases as well.These are all technically different games, with different data on the card (songs/videos) as well as different covers.

Edited on by weekendroady

weekendroady

weekendroady

@link3710

Another physical release in German is for the game show Schlag den Raab. I'm wondering if Ostwind is German language only?

weekendroady

link3710

@weekendroady The Steam release claims to have full dual audio and subs, so we can only hope they didn't bother removing it.

link3710

weekendroady

Gear Club Unlimited is officially showing up as available on Gamestop's website...

weekendroady

TalonMan

weekendroady wrote:

Gear Club Unlimited is officially showing up as available on Gamestop's website...

I think @link3710 said that was going to be a temporary GameStop exclusive - in which case, I'm holding off on that one (and the other GameStop one - Party Planet), until they come to BestBuy or Amazon so I can get my discount...

TalonMan

SKTTR

@weekendroady Thanks for the headsup and for sharing your experience.
I'm sure collectors here appreciate this kind of knowledge.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

link3710

@TalonMan Shoot now I need to find that article again.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/video_gear_club_unli...
Yeah, the official press release from Microids says it's only temporary.

In better news I just found an announcement for another new Switch Title

Yoku's Island Express, Worms: WMD, and Overcooked are all announced as retail releases for 2018

I know NL reported on Worms and Overcooked getting released, but this is the first I've heard confirmation of Yoku's retail release as well.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic