Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,421 to 1,440 of 4,508

forge002

Dont wish to sound thick, but the World of Light mode is going to available to play from the start isnt i? It wasnt clear to me if this is the case or its something being worked on?

forge002

Switch Friend Code: SW-6498-4067-9009

DarkRula

The Direct gave some good stuff, but was loaded up with detail that's not really necessary.
World of Light looks like it might be a meaty experience, but watching that trailer I was reminded of the Everything Wrong With Super Smash Bros. Brawl video.

"Oh, we get it. Sakurai character does something important cliche."

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

EvilLucario

Piranha Plant is the new best character in Smash.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Hyrule

Pretty awesome direct tbh. Ken was pretty much a given, spirits look interesting, but World of Light adventure mode, was just the icing on the cake. That cinematic and the vocalist....just take my money.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

World of Light looks good, the new characters are ok and DLC confirmed to be happening is very good (there's still hope for Elma). Don't think Smash Ultimate will beat Torna for my GotY though.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BrainOfGrimlock

@Tsurii just a little bit weird for me - they haven’t started working on it/have nothing planned for the dlc and therefore nothing to show us yet however they do know there’ll be 5 packs and it’ll take about a year? Hmm. I suspect they know a lot more about what’s being done than they’re letting on buuut, no harm, no foul - they’re not forcing me to buy it now (unless I missed something) so happy to wait and for them to tempt me, not to mention that unlike a lot of other games I don’t feel shortchanged (in any way) by the base game from what i’ve seen.

BrainOfGrimlock

forge002

You do wonder just where Nintendo can now take the Smash series, this is just epic, so much content i just dont know how they ever go about topping it.

forge002

Switch Friend Code: SW-6498-4067-9009

Hyrule

Paid DLC seems to be similar to breath of the wild, DLC 1 & 2, though I'm sure more will be revealed. They did say they are just beginning to work on it, while putting the finishing touches to the final game. Can't wait, so much Smash it's almost too much to handle.

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

MsJubilee

Seeing Rex as a Mii costume and Shantae as a damn sticker broke my heart.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Cynas

It's been clarified on the Smash Bros. website that Piranha Plant will be available for purchase even if you don't get him within the first 2 months for free.

https://smashbros.nintendo.com/buy/

"Piranha Plant will also be available as paid DLC (separate from Fighters Pass content) at a later time."

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

redd214

Great direct, more excited for Smash than I was beforehand. Really seems like there will be a ton to do and unlock outside of just mp battles. Can't wait!

redd214

TuVictus

I'm against the DLC, I find it silly for a game already ludicrously big, and again, the whole "ultimate" moniker is lessened for me. Not that it matters. I'll probably buy them when they're all released. And at least it's a set list of 5(6) at the moment, so they have a clear plan.

TuVictus

gcunit

Game looks amazing.

Sakurai needs an English speaking dub.

DLC is again overpriced to me. I didn't buy any of the Wii U DLC and they're gonna have to go some to tempt me to buy any this time.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

GrailUK

Spirits mode gave me goose bumps. Can't wait.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Eel

Seems fair to me, characters costed about the same in Smash 4 and they didn't always come with stages.

I love getting new stages to I'm definitely gonna get them all.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

KryptoniteKrunch

In my eyes, the DLC would be a problem if we had a Street Fighter V launch situation, but the base game is loaded with characters and stages so we're good.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Octane

@Tsurii Considering that Piranha Plant won't be there at launch, I expect the DLC fighters are going to take a while. And it that case... it feels a bit strange announcing a season pass at this point in time. A few weeks before the first DLC fighter would make a lot more sense. Or announcing one or two DLC characters, so we have an idea. But I'm not a big fan of paying for something that I won't receive for a good while, so it's all a bit strange to me to begin with. Plus I think it's a bit overpriced. It's almost half the game for six additional characters.

Octane

Joeynator3000

So how were the Isaac and Shadow reveals for you guys?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic