Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 4,508

Platinum777

Hey, has anyone else noticed and wondered why Mr. Saturn is on the banner thing on the official site? I looked through and I didn’t notice any other items that weren’t linked to a fighter by moves or anything. It might be nothing, but at the same time, it could be something. (Also, if your wondering where to look, he’s right near Olimar)

Platinum777

Elvie

@Platinum777 Mr, Saturn isn't incrediblly far from Lucas so that might be a reason for his inclusion but I personally think it is some sort of joke playing on the fact that he looks a bit similar to Olimar and that he is marching forward with the other Pikmin as if Olimar is commanding him.

It is interesting to note though. Mr. Saturn is kind of a staple character to Smash Bros. due to his use as an potentially make-or-break item so that could be another reason.

We can all conclude that he definitely won't be a new playable character but it's possible that he is a hint to something else like Ninten as an Echo Fighter for Ness.

Elvie

Elvie

@Platinum777 In the ''About'' section of the site, Mr. Saturn is stilled listed as an item if that helps you speculate why he is in the artwork.

Elvie

RaphaBoss

Why do people still request Skull kid? What's his relevance in the Zelda series? What does he do in the game besides floating and talking to a fairy( Do not count the boss battle, that is NOT him)? I can't help but think that fans are just out of options for request, same for those requesting Waluigi. I mean, there are still Nintendo franchises not being represented, and yet they keep asking for more secondary characters?

RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss

What's up with everyone saying Chrom has Ike's up b(Aether)? That is NOT the same move. Ike throws his sword like he does in his game, Chrom does not. Chrom does the spining atack in Awekining against masked Lucina in a cutscene (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoaPXlKYoIo). Aether is his final smash, that's how it is in Awekining. Chrom is Roy's echo fighter , but has his own moves too, that's it.

Edited on by RaphaBoss

RaphaBoss

Enigminator

You seem to have captured your icon's personality rather well with your comment.

Enigminator

Grumblevolcano

So about Zero (the assist trophy), it says Zero (Mega Man) on the site which suggests there's another Zero assist trophy. Any ideas what that could be? The only other Zero character which comes to mind is the robot that chases Amy in Sonic Adventure.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Late

@Grumblevolcano First thing that Zero reminds me of is Zero Escape but I'd guess Kirby's Zero could be an assist trophy. Nightmare was an assist trophy in the last game and hasn't been shown yet in Ultimate. Maybe they thought they'd replace a boss character with another boss.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Platinum777

@Elvie oh, ok! Thanks for that, I was just looking through and found that. I didn’t even think about how it could just be a little joke. Thanks again though

Platinum777

NaviAndMii

Grumblevolcano wrote:

So about Zero (the assist trophy), it says Zero (Mega Man) on the site which suggests there's another Zero assist trophy. Any ideas what that could be? The only other Zero character which comes to mind is the robot that chases Amy in Sonic Adventure.

This guy...

Untitled

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

DarkSim01

I'm sure this has been discussed and I missed it, but here goes...

I was originally thinking about Dr. Robotnik as a playable character, but maybe he would be better suited as another boss battle, like Dracula.

Who else could fit that mold? Maybe a version of the Calamity Ganon? Andross?

Edit: Remembered Andross is an Assist Trophy. But something could still be done there, considering Rathalos is both.

Also, what about some version of the Mother Brain from Metroid and a fight with M. Bison? And of course the potential to bring back Master and Crazy Hands, Tabuu and Master Core to the boss battles.

Edited on by DarkSim01

DarkSim01

DarkSim01

Wart would be a fun throwback!

DarkSim01

SKTTR

I think my wishes of Mana Hero (Secret of Mana), Ark (Terranigma), and Crono (Chrono Trigger) won't come to fruition. I guess Square Enix has a better chance getting another rep in with Geno (Super Mario RPG) or someone from Dragon Quest.

RaphaBoss wrote:

Why do people still request Skull kid? What's his relevance in the Zelda series? What does he do in the game besides floating and talking to a fairy( Do not count the boss battle, that is NOT him)? I can't help but think that fans are just out of options for request, same for those requesting Waluigi. I mean, there are still Nintendo franchises not being represented, and yet they keep asking for more secondary characters?

It was the villain from Majora's Mask. Some people are voting for Zant, Ghirahim, or Vaati, but Skull Kid is probably the most iconic and coolest one, apart from Ganondorf.
My "Zelda characters in Smash" votes go to Impa, True Midna, and Urbosa still, also Tingle.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

EvilLucario

I don't see Skull Kid getting in at all. In general the way I see it, Smash only takes main protagonists or consistently present villains in a series (which is why Dark Samus made the cut, abieit as an Echo Fighter). The only one-off "side character" I can think of that got into Smash was Sheik, and that was mostly because Zelda had the transformation gimmick to kill two birds with one stone and Ocarina of Time was still mega popular.

Zelda is in a very weird position where it's hard to really add new characters without feeling a bit "whaaaaa...?" like with Young/Toon Link. Characters like Groose and Zant also fit that bill imo. Impa, though, is the closest I can think of that can fit since she's been in multiple Zelda games, and I think she could be a legitimate good choice for Smash.

That or I'm thinking way too one-dimentionally. But a lot of people tend to have a bit of unrealistic expectations in regards to Smash characters due to circumstances surrounding said characters and franchises.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

ACE kills it again. Anything they compose for turns into gold as far as I'm concerned.

The only person that can come close to them in terms of kick-ass guitars is Jun Senoue.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic