Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 4,508

Harmonie

@DarthNocturnal That picture Sakurai posted is interesting, but I'm trying not to read too hard into it. I have been burnt hoping for Isaac in SSB twice now.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Haruki_NLI

You need to remember EVERYTHING Sakurai says is a hint. This is borderline fact and even he knows it.

So when he tweets hey this SPECIFIC IMAGE is awesome showing a recreation of a battle scene from Golden Sun down to the camera angle and poses...

What do you expect people to think? Sakurai is the guy who before the Direct said he had bloodshot eyes.

He didnt. He meant Bloody Tears.

He knows who his fans are

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

Does Sakurai actually hint, though? That's one of the things that really keeps me from being even remotely excited about this.

Harmonie

Haruki_NLI

Sakurai has hinted numerous times. As recent as "Red eyes" for Simon and K. Rool, and even as close to reveal as wearing glasses and "Here comes the climax" for Bayonetta

Grumblevolcano

If a fighter was high on the 2015 Smash Ballot and the licensing is possible, there's a very good chance they'll be in Smash Ultimate. That's what the reveals since March have given the impression of. Characters like Geno and Banjo are where things would get tricky because of the 3rd party licensing, I'm pretty sure the joke characters like Shrek and Goku won't happen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

@Grumblevolcano Well, for Geno, they had the licensing to at least bring him in as a costume for SSB4 DLC. Banjo, though? That one really seems like a long shot.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

bluemage1989

@SKTTR tetronimo ey please do explain in more detail as genuinely intrigued by the idea.

bluemage1989

Kinoen

@Knuckles-Fajita
So if we take those chairs into consideration...Purple = Frisk
Yellow = Chara
Undertale rep(s) confirmed!

@Grumblevolcano
They should not look into that list for this game, but to make another ballot. Time passed by, stuff has changed and now, Cuphead would be the go-to cross-over from Microsoft, I feel.

Kinoen

Haruki_NLI

@Kinoen I mean the chairs are just freaking chairs. It's what Sakurai HIMSELF does.

Eel

As someone who doesn't care one bit about golden sun I can't say it means much to me.

Can't wait to recreate that screenshot in Monster Hunter with the inevitable Link and Marth costumes though.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

meleebrawler

@Yosheel Yeah, it kind of irks most people assume it's Golden Sun and not referencing the various arena quests found in Monster Hunter.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

SKTTR

@bluemage1989 @ReaderRagfish

Maybe a Tetromino that changes its shape depending on its attack. The T might be its normal stand/walk/run animation turning clockwise and counterclockwise depending on where its moving. And the other 6 shapes could represent up/down/side A & B attacks.

@Grumblevolcano

Still think if Microsoft can get a fighter into Smash, Sakurai would either decide for the most popular (Banjo-Kazooie) or the most succesful (Minecraft Steve). Cuphead is pretty low on the list.

Same for all other 3rd parties. From Capcom it was logical to get something either from Resident Evil or Monster Hunter into Smash next. And there we go, we got one of those.

Speaking of this, having Tetromino and Steve in Smash would mean the two biggest sellers in the history of videogames would be represented. If any western characters/shapes can make it, these would be probably the biggest.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Harmonie

The thing is that Monster Hunter battles are free form battles. The characters in the screenshot are lined up like in a turned based RPG battle screen (which lines up perfectly with Camelot RPGs and not so much others), which is very unnatural for a Monster Hunter battle, and also something that specifically had to have been set up for that screenshot.

I'll agree it could all still be a coincidence, though.

Harmonie

EvilLucario

Since Ultimate is bringing in highly requested characters like Ridley, K.Rool, and Simon/Richter, I'm fairly positive Issac might make the cut. If Issac was high up in the Smash ballot votes, that's probably enough for him to finally get promoted.

Would be great to see though. And would give me a reason to finally play Golden Sun 2.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

bluemage1989

Further to someone aboves suggestion of Tetronimo I'd be curious how unusual a character Sakurai could make work in Smash.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

@Kinoen Time has passed but modern characters are the ones most affected by this, not classic characters. Banjo would still be high up if a 2nd ballot was done.

As for the chairs, there's a theory that it's hinting at Skull Kid (the yellow and purple chairs representing the 2 fairies)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

(plays as Waluigi)

TOO BAD WALUIGI TIME

(uses assist trophy and it's Waluigi)

T̢̛Ơ͠Ơ̵̡ ̧͘͏B̡A̸D̷̛ ̛W̷͏͡Ą̶L̛̀U̸͝I̴G̡Ì̷͟ ́͠T̡IM̨͢E̢̡

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic