Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 161 to 180 of 325

JasmineDragon

@Hughesy Indeed, it's a perfect game to unwind with. My formula lately is Splatoon for a while, then Stardew until my body is ready to go to bed. And the beauty of SDW on Switch is that I can actually take it to bed instead of being tied to the living room.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Ryu_Niiyama

Yes! Got my third Crystalarium. I'm about to be a diamond baroness!

@JasmineDragon Actually there is an in-game reason for wanting to not only get married but get as many villagers as you can to 8 hearts. That in-game reason isn't as set in stone as it used to be (in an earlier build you had one shot and if you failed that was it) but I will say set a diamond aside just in case. Plus keep in mind when the villagers like you they give you stuff back. Who doesn't like free stuff?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

OorWullie

Just moved into my new farm,which I named Parkhead and played the first day. I over exerted myself and fell asleep outside and was moved back to my bed by a Joja representative and charged 50g for the privilege. That made me laugh. First impressions are very good and I would like to keep playing but like my character,I'm worn out and need to get to bed before I fall asleep on the couch.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Ryu_Niiyama

@OorWullie Don't make a habit of passing out...that fee goes up. The day ends at 2am (although there is a health recovery penalty).

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

OorWullie

@Ryu_Niiyama Cheers. I received the warning that I was getting tired on my farm so I took another couple of swings and made my way into town to introduce myself. After some introductions I stupidly swung my pickaxe at a bush and that was when I 'over exerted' myself. Had to take a slow walk back to my farm and took a different route and entered my farm at the wrong side. I was blocked by rocks and weeds although I made a valiant attempt to make it through my exertions caught up with me in the end. Lesson learned. My fortune teller doesn't have high hopes for my 2nd day.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Namco

''The spirits are somewhat annoyed today. Luck will not be on your side.''

> Reaches Calico desert at 1.30 PM and enters Skull Cavern
> Encounters this on the second floor:
Untitled
> Mined over 30 Iridium ores and 2 Diamonds
> Reached level 47
Untitled

Never trust fortune tellers!

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Jhena

Im still not too far in the game but i think its awesome. I actually had my fill of farming sim with story of seasons trio of towns and stopped playing it because it became annoying. Stardew valley still managed to feel addicting. It really is the best harvest moonlike farm sim. The developer clearly cared for his game. Gamers can feel the love in a product. I cant believe this game was developed by only one person. I think it looks even better. So many details.

Even the music has heart and makes me feel nostalgic sometimes as does the game itself. And at the same time it feels very modern and unlike story of seasons i think its pushing the genre forward.
The sense of progress is also very pleasing.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Ryu_Niiyama

@Sir_Anthony I need your luck.

Update: Got my fourth Crystalarium, upgraded my house twice (and I'm 30k away from the next upgrade), got the deluxe barn and my goat just randomly gave birth (Not trying to fill the coop and barn up yet to save on hay while i wait for my grass to grow) Got about 45 trees on tap and looking for a spot to build a shed or barn to hold kegs. As soon as I get 3 corn that are gold star I will unlock the green house and start my orchard (I have a small one already but I want to get that year round winery going). Maru is ready for marriage but unfortunately I will now have to play the field to max out everybody else (you can still give suitors bouquets so long as you aren't married) and I want free stuff and prep for the stats check.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Tasuki

Just a quick question. Is this game digital only on the Switch? I cant seem to find a physical copy anywhere.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tasuki Yep currently digital only. Although there has been talk of a possible physical. Nothing set in stone as far as I have seen though.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Eel

I've been playing this on my brother's switch in between his BotW sessions, and yep it's Stardew Valley alright, it plays perfectly on handheld mode, except for the long saving times, but, I don't know if it's my brother's TV, the game, or my eyes.... When I play in docked mode, the game looks... Off.

Like, when my character stands still it looks as beautiful as this game can, but once I start moving and the camera follows, everything is visibly blurrier, and then when I stop it's like it takes a few frames for the game to go back to a sharp image, it almost looks like it blinks in and out between blurry and sharp a few times.

Is this just how this game is? Anyone else sees this?

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JasmineDragon

Okay, I'm starting to get ticked off at this game. I keep on having an error when I get to the end of a day, go to sleep, and the game just closes. No save, day is lost. It has happened to me a bunch of times, always when I'm coming home late after a very productive day.

Is this a known issue? Anybody else get this?

I want to love this game, it's incredibly fun and has truckloads of personality, but boy do glitches like this make it frustrating.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JasmineDragon Haven't seen that one yet. What year are you in? Is there something unique that you keep trying to ship each day? (trying to see if an object is causing your issue)

-Up to six Crystalariums. I'm horrible at getting deeply into the skull cavern so any iridium I get is like a gift. lol. Built a shed and currently have 11 kegs inside. I will put about 15 jars in there as well. Green house has three iridium sprinklers and all of the fruit trees so I'm just growing crops that reproduce constantly first. My dinosaur hatched (used the wallpaper glitch) and I have another one incubating.

Bought 2 more cows and a pig and 3 more rabbits. Up to 2 goats, 3 cows, 2 pigs, 1 of each chicken 4 rabbits and 1 dino with 1 on the way.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

JasmineDragon

@Ryu_Niiyama WAIT UP, YOU HAVE A DINOSAUR?!?

So yes, I was thinking it might be related to something I shipped. This is usually after I've come home very late from the mine and shipped a few things from there. Can't say if it was every time, though. Always coming home after 1:00, maybe even 1:30. It's late winter, first year. I don't think this started until the last couple of weeks.

Now about that dinosaur. We wants it!

Ryu_Niiyama

@JasmineDragon Hmm, yeah I'm thinking shipping something is getting you then. I'm in the second year mid winter with no major issues.

The dino is small. There is a an exploit (its not a glitch so much as how certain objects were coded some things to be seen as other things as well...the ability to use it for gifting was patched out a while back though lolol) to get a dino egg early but there is a gold cost and you may not want to do it that way. The dino is small but the eggs are valuable. I'll likely fill out the rest of my coop with them since I'm using rabbits to stock pile universal loves until I build that diamond farm (iridium is my bane).

If we are friends on something that uses messaging I can tell you what to do about the dino. To avoid spoilers.

@Meowpheel Hmm I have not noticed that. I got like 5 hours docked in over the weekend. Is your switch up to date (not sure if it has any bearing but to be safe...)?

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

@Meowpheel Yeah but Shane is a jerk.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Eel

Not if you get him drunk!

Which is ironic considering his character arc.

Well, regular hot peppers work too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

Hmm, forgot about the peppers. I keep a supply for Lewis so that works out. I'll start plying him with spices later. Hard enough stalking Sebastian; dude is never in his room when I need him. (I swear I just want to marry Maru but I want to get all the villagers to at least 8 hearts)

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic