Forums

Topic: Stardew Valley

Posts 181 to 200 of 325

Eel

At least he's easy to find at night, being an alcoholic and stuff.

Getting the chickens should be easy if you have a suppy of peppers.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Lalivero

Shane loves his beer and pizza, though I felt really bad about the former when you progress through his storyline... :/ At least it's nice to see him in a more upbeat mood after helping him through things... though the fool still totally ignores you while at his job regardless. >:v

What I also feel bad about though is that Elliott seems like such a nice guy but I don't see him much in my daily run so he's among the lowest on my friendship list and I haven't looked into what he likes.

I think Abigail has finally warmed up to me, because I swear she hated me...she was the grudge queen it seems, since I tried talking to her once when she was in a mood.

Edited on by gcunit

...formerly - Chriiis

Switch FC: SW-6037-8910-2517

Switch Friend Code: SW-6037-8910-2517

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm building relationships by house for ease of access. Started with Maru since she is my intended and so right now her whole family loves me (linus is lumped in since he is in the area), befriended Lewis because I bump into him a lot and Harvey since I run into him when looking for Maru. Working on Pierre's household next. I'm 150K short of total earnings to be a million. I'm not going to meet the check in requirements (forgot to buy the marriage item and it is winter so....) but i have a diamond farm so I will be ok for the retake.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NaviAndMii

Just thought I'd share this...the first patch for Stardew Valley (Switch) will not only contain a number of fixes for various bugs etc - it'll also improve save/load times between in-game days (as demonstrated in the comparison video below)

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/926414689059385344

..still pretty lengthy, but a marked improvement nonetheless

Apparently, the nasty audio crackling issue that I ran in to (which has been really affecting my enjoyment of the game) will also be patched - which I'm absolutely delighted about as you can imagine! ..and the save crash issue that others have experienced should also be fixed too

https://twitter.com/Tiyuri/status/926423920407908352

..no update as to when this patch will be rolled out quite yet - or anything further regarding the timed-exclusive co-op play - but this is still welcome news, I'm sure you'll agree!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

That's great news. Personally I have no problem with the save times - I actually like to have the chance to set the controller down and rest my hands for a few seconds - but that audio crackle is such a downer, and the save crashes were killing me for a while there. I actually haven't had that problem in the last few days, thank goodness, but it's good to know it was a known problem and they are fixing it.

This game is too good to be held back by a couple of bugs.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Late

I bought this game last week. I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not but turns out I do like it, a lot. I've had hard time returning to Mario. I've played 15 hours so far according to the in-game clock. I've only had one major issue with the game. When I started playing, there were things I wanted to craft but the crafting menu didn't allow me to select them and I had to wait until I had more things in the crafting menu to make the cursor move to the thing I wanted. No issues with audio or saving. I still can't fathom how the saving can take such a long time. Sure, the world has a lot going on but it still shouldn't be a big hassle to make a save file out of that info. Glad to see, they've improved it a little for the update.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

NaviAndMii

@JasmineDragon Yeah, the sound crackling issue kinda put me off playing (I really like the games audio!) ..as soon as I encountered the issue, I went online to look it up & was relieved (and pretty impressed) to see that Tiyuri had already taken to Reddit and Twitter to assure people that that they were aware of the issue and working on a fix - nice to see a developer with such open communication channels

@Late Yeah, I think that seems to be a pretty common issue (one I've had too) ..Katzeus (from Concerned Ape) posted on Reddit that they are aware of the issue and working on a fix for that too - they also provided a temporary workaround for players - apparently you should be able to select those crafting items from the menu if you disable is "Use controller-style menus" in the games settings (once patched, it should work with the default menu as well) ..hope that helps!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Looking forward to the patch.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Late

@NaviAndMii So it was possible to use the cursor in the menu after all. Oh well, I haven't had that problem after the first few hours. Good to know if I encounter it again before it's fixed.

The thing I like the most about Stardew Valley so far is fishing. I think my fishing is at level 7. It's something that you can do very quickly or spend the whole day. The mechanic is so well crafted. You can tell which fish you're reeling in because they act differently from one another and the treasure chests make for a nice bonus reward that can be risky at times.

It's its, not it's.

Namco

@Late I doubt you still like fishing after trying to catch a sturgeon or any other super fast fish...

Completed the hardest challenge in Super Mario Odyssey so I might go back to playing Stardew Valley soon, my third year just begun and I got the statue of perfection

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> â–² Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Ryu_Niiyama

@Sir_Anthony Nice! I was a few points short. Going to max out my fishing and the community center and then try again for the statue.

@Late I wish I could ship you my game and have you fish for me. I detest the fishing mechanic. I'm trying not to turn the Community Center into a Joja Warehouse but the fishing bundles are killing me.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Farmboy74

The fishing mechanic is very much love it or hate affair. It takes some time getting used to but when it clicks it's a very good way to supplement your income.

Farmboy74

Late

@Sir_Anthony A sturgeon? (Turns on the game and checks collection tab.) I've already caught it.
Untitled

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Ralizah

GOOD GOD, I wish I hadn't waited this long to make quality sprinklers. They've liberated me! No longer do I need to start the day with half stamina because I spent the first few hours tediously watering all of my crops. Now I'm free to explore the mines and fish, and continue to avoid any kind of socialization with the townsfolk! (Seriously, though, I hate that I need to be social to get a good rank at the end of the game)

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

^ Don't forget you can buy Iridium sprinklers from Krobus on Fridays.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

metal134

I’m glad to see that the audio crackling issue wasn’t just me because it was driving me nuts trying to figure it out. At first, I thought it was my speakers. I fiddled with the wires, swapped them out, still there. I tried muting the stereo and playing the audio through the TV, still there. Took it out of the dock and tried handheld mode, still there. At that point, I was hoping nothing was wrong with my Switch. Tried other games and they all sounded fine. I then realized it was something with the game itself.

metal134

JasmineDragon

@Ralizah I'm generally not a fan of socializing (IRL as well as in video games) but SDW has won me over with its characters. They just feel so much realer than any of the Harvest Moon equivalents, and their stories actually mean something to me.

So, for the first time ever in a game like this, I'm finding myself actually caring enough to stop and talk to everybody and really trying to find the presents that they will like. And I'm so torn on the romance front, there are three women and one guy that are calling my name so I am just giving them all the best presents I can find and watching the soap opera unfold.

JasmineDragon

@metal134 Wait, you have the crackling in handheld mode? I thought that was strictly a docked issue. I've never had it in handheld, only on TV.

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama Thanks, but I have no idea who Krobus is. Still, once I do, I'll be sure to take advantage of that.

@JasmineDragon Yeah, see, my problem is that they rehash the same canned dialogue over and over unless you give them presents. Which requires me going online and looking at lists of likes, dislikes, etc. It gets tiresome. And I'm not sure I really want to get to know somebody if the only way to get them to pay attention to me is to give them enough stuff. It's literally buying affection.

I wish it had a social link system like in the Persona games where you grow closer with people by actually spending time with them.

The farming/dungeon crawling/etc. is all pretty fun, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@JasmineDragon That infernal crackling happens all the time in handheld mode for me. I usually have to play docked for a while before it starts.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic