Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 5,014

meleebrawler

Gotta be honest here, I've been pretty down on playing Splatoon lately due to how restrictive it feels in it's modes compared to ARMS (and I kind of prefer fighting games to shooters). This expansion may be just what I need to "freshen" up the experience again.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

-Green-

Boy Octos are clear. Not as fab as I imagined them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Skid

I'm paying the 19.99 just for that new beat. Worth it

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

meleebrawler

@-Green- They were kind of evasive about whether these are real Octolings. The whole "test tube" scene and that they only say they look like Octolings kind of throws a wrench into things.

The gameplay almost seems like an official ROM hack of the single player campaign with much gets thrown at you.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Scrummer

Hyped for the expansion!

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

-Green-

@meleebrawler The birth of Octolings is a bit obscure. In the original artbook it is stated that Octarians are born from severed tentacles and left it open how Octolings related to that.

Zyrac

I hope there's not going to be too much salt over paid DLC. I mean, I think people have for years been expecting that playable Octolings would eventually be added as an option everyone would get for free, and now suddenly you have to earn the privilege by buying and playing this new story.

I've no complaints personally, though. This game has more than earned the right to take more of my money. And while more single-player content wasn't necessarily on my personal wishlist, this does look well-crafted - and quite interesting lore-wise. I like how it keeps looking more and more like the Inklings are living in a bubble and the world isn't as pleasant as they think. Indeed, there is perhaps an implication that the Octolings view Inkopolis as a promised land they dream of escaping to.

Also, Triggerfish hype! Although I'm a bit scared of them messing with the Splat Zones layout...

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Really looking forward to 3.0! ..not sure I'll be getting the paid DLC though - looks crazy, but I only really play Splatoon 2 as a multiplayer game (barely touched the single-player stuff as it is!)

..it's funny though, I always thought that they'd add something to that area just round to the right of Murch - specifically that subway station that's been blocked off since launch! ..looks like this was the plan all along!

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Jaybee23

£44.99 is enough for the game, and I'm still really enjoying. But not enough to pay £17.99 for DLC, the trailer looks ok but not £17.99 worth......well, for me personally. The 3.0 free update in April is suffice.

Instagram: JayBeeGaming
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCRsyu6UJqX9gwfwXaAdC-g

Nintendo Network ID: SW-3598-5471-8793

-Green-

I'm gonna buy it because I'm a big geek who really likes Splatoon. I did cringe at the 20 dollar price tag, but I'm fine with it.

DreamyViridi

Hype got the better of me and I bought the DLC. I loved what I saw in the trailer and I'm super excited for the Octo Expansion but I kinda regret buying it "now" instead of waiting for its release.

I was never one to pre-purchase anything these days but oh well, I was looking forward to this anyway! No going back!

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Octane

I believe there's 80 new levels? With the '8' theme going on. And they mentioned lore, that's always good (this is what ARMS needed!). I kinda wish it was €18 or €8 instead

Oh well, looks good and I'm a big fan of the single player campaign (iirc around 30 levels?). So if these are 80 full on single player levels, they'll last a good 10 hours or so.

Octane

gcunit

Not sure how long this has been going on, but for at least the last 24hrs, virtually every turf battle I play ends with a lemon on one side or the other, only scoring about 0-300p. Time after time, and it's starting to piss me off with one sided matches.

Anyone know what's going on?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Pazzo-TheFool

Really looking forward to the new DLC, 80 stages + new species is really good.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

-Green-

The DLC seems significantly better than the original campaign based on what they showed. The levels have a lot more going on and allow for a greater variety of enemies and weapons. That hopefully points to it being pretty good.

Pazzo-TheFool

So new theory: These Octolings are mutants created by Octarians so they can swim in Inkling ink. You play as one who didn't get hypnotized by the DJ's music/goggles.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

-Green-

Octavio is an Octoling too iirc, and despite the DJ’s hypnosis they seem to have awareness and identities. Like Marina and the credit art (if you want to take it as evidence). I always found Octavio as more of a ‘joke’. A lot of the time it just feels like he doesn’t take matters seriously.

Anyways, the stubby Octarians are mostly simplistic and lacking in brain power. This makes sense as they’re born from severed tentacle pieces of an original tentacle. Octolings are Octarians, and based on Octavia have existed for some time.

Pazzo-TheFool

I'm well aware of the connection to DJ Octavio, but most all of the bosses are Octarians, his own creation.

So maybe he goes further and makes a new type of Octoling too.

~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

-Green-

Maybe it’s a different Octoling behind this stuff, and that’s why the new Octolings are blue instead of the typical red and black.

607jf

So what side you guys pick for this weekend? I picked chicken.

Untitled

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic