Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,061 to 4,080 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

Dev wrote:

Good point! I've always been intrigued by that area around the corner.

I've also spend many a casual moment just staring at that Urchin with the cool 'hair' (sitting in what looks like a cafe or something?) ..I wonder if they'll do something with that place one day too?

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

@NaviAndMii You mean Spyke? He's the Murch of Splatoon 1.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Haruki_NLI

Soon.jpg kids and squids:

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Budda

I find it (not)funny that at no point you are able to play the new Basketball Stage in Splatfest. =/

Laugh Hard, Run Fast, Be Kind

607jf

Anyone else's map rotation broken? I only get shifty station then get kicked out after a match.

Chao!, Nintendo, Need For Speed, Minecraft And More! 3Ds FC-4742-5514-6521.

meppi64

Been a while since I played Splatoon, but I want to get back into it.
Yet barely anyone on my friend list seems to play it. So if anyone wants to add me, my code is in my signature.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

shani

Hey everyone!

Does anyone want to participate in our NL Inklings Splatoon2 tournament? We still need more players!

Our community originated from NintendoLife, but we've been gathering in our own Discord for a while now: https://discord.gg/53QfEUF

You can find everything tournament-related at the #nltournaments channel. If you'd like to participate, please vote for the dates (March 17th, 24th and 31th) that work for you on Doodle:

https://doodle.com/poll/2bpd4h2m3t4s738g#table

We also play (and stream) regularly every Splatterday from 8-12pm GMT and in the near future there will be even more weekly sessions. And of course, more tournaments.

Looking forward to splat with you!

Best regards, shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

Dev wrote:

Team Chicken won the Splatfest 2-1!
Votes: 41-59% (Egg)
Solo wins: 53-47% (Chicken)
Team wins: 56-44% (Chicken)
https://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-2-north-american-euro...

Congrats fellow Team Chicken members! Team Egg's chickens came home to roost and they have egg have their faces, but congrats to them too. This was a great Splatfest with an interesting new Shifty Station and strangely delicious-looking egg-like ink.

Haha! Team 'Cool Ink Colour' beat Team 'Correct Answer' then...! Brings my long winning streak to an end, unfortunately - ah well! ..and yeah, the Shifty map was pretty cool - took me quite a few plays to figure it out, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Maxz

Gratz Team Chicken. You didn't let the issue of being scientifically incorrect hold you back, and won with aplomb. Looks like we've got egg on our faces now.

Anyway, this was a lot of fun. The Shifty Stations continue to be simply awesome concept levels. Also, in the unlikey event that Team Egg took control of the central section but Team Chicken covered everything else, the map would look like a giant fried egg. Beautiful.

It was also not a bad SplatFest for me personally. I got a SplatFest Power of over 2400 for the first time!

Untitled

I doubt it'll be enough to get into the Top 100 - especially given that this was a EUR and NA combined event, but it's the closest I've ever got. I'll be checking the SplatNet page just in case.

And thanks to the other NL Inklings on Saturday afternoon for the games. Sorry I wasn't there for the later sessions.

Stay fresh!

EDIT: I MADE IT! 76th! BOOYAH! My efforts over the weekend will forever be enshrined halfway down a list which is tucked away in the corner of a specific section of an app with a limited userbase. In other words.... I'm famous!

Untitled

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Maxz Wow! Bravo! I managed to briefly sneak in to the 2200 club for the first time (before being well and truly put back in my place on the back of 5 consecutive losses! Haha!) ..INKredibly impressed that you made the top 100! That's awesome! BOOYAH!

Octane

Inb4 salmon people are the new playable characters in Splatoon 3.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Why wait for Splatoon 3? We've already been told the Octo Expansion is the first paid DLC, so how about more single player content which expands the Salmonid lore.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano ''The first paid DLC is coming to Splatoon 2 this summer.'' could also mean just that. The first paid DLC, because the previous DLC was free. Don't read too much into it. It's not guaranteed.

Octane

Maxz

@Octane This was my reading of it as well. It's the first paid piece of downloadable content in a series that has seen many free downloadable updates previously.

For what it's worth, Nogami doesn't appear to make any reference to the content being the 'first' in any sense in the original transcript (which is dubbed over in the Western Directs). He simply states that it is a "new Hero Mode due to be released as a paid addition/supplement". Which is fair enough.

It can be easier in the original language to infer whether something is 'first' as in 'having never happened before' or as in 'the beginning of several instalments'. However, no word to suggest either is used in the original statement, so it was probably thrown in my the translation team to better differentiate the Octo Expansion from the copious amount of free updates that have come beforehand.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

meleebrawler

@Dev "War" isn't how I'd describe the situation between Grizzco and Salmonids. The former isn't trying to seize territory or score anything resembling permanent victories over the latter, just taking advantage of their resources. Basically, hunting. They'd be more concerned if Salmonids stopped appearing altogether.

As for the Salmonids themselves, if defending these spots of land was such a life-or-death matter for them, why would they immediately give up after a set time when on the verge of victory? They do clearly enjoy fighting to the point of it being a major focus of their society, so I kind of see the situation as an unspoken but mutually beneficial agreement on both sides; Grizzco gets their eggs and Salmonids get to indulge in fighting regularly.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Octane

@Maxz Thanks for that, I didn't know that. In that case it makes even less sense. I mean, they could release another paid DLC pack in the future, but it's been a year since Splatoon 2 came out, and I wonder if the attach rate will be just as high in another year from now. Nothing guaranteed of course, but I'm not surprised if this is the only paid DLC for Splatoon 2.

Octane

Maxz

One of - probably my absolute - favourite band from Splat 1 is back with two brand new tracks. And I think better than ever.

Check it out:

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

-Green-

There are so many bands in Splatoon. They could probably make a music game just based around them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic