Forums

Topic: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Posts 101 to 120 of 525

LzWinky

@Operative2-0 I still refuse to take leakers seriously considering their actions really don't benefit anyone

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

IceClimbers

@Peek-a-boo @jump Even if the Beyond Good & Evil 2 rumor is true, there's no way that game would be coming this year anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Maxz

It seems this LKD person has in the past said some things that are right, and some things that are wrong. As such, I've decided that the next time she says anything, I'm going to believe that it might be right, or it might be wrong. And then I'm going to wait. And then I'm going to find out. Just try and stop me.

I mean, I don't get this obsession with trying to conclusively prove that these people are either prophets or frauds. Evidence seems sort of mixed in a lot of cases; they get stuff right, they get it wrong. Just like most people. But they always seem to attract this weirdly invested sort of anger, which I don't understand.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Aozz101x

im interested... need to know more before judging

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Haru17

Even if this turn-based game's combat system is better than Persona 5 — which it won't be — it still will be devoid of the incentive to actually play such a game in 2017.

Again, unless there's something tremendous that wasn't leaked and which Ubisoft isn't talking about yet. And what could that possibly be?

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 Shining beacon of "wait and see" you are.

I know it looks dumb but minus the Rabbits I'm interested. Might be fun but we can't say yet.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

skywake

@Maxz
To be fair most of the stuff the prominent leaked got right have been very specific. The stuff they have got wrong is either time based and so may end up being right or fairly safe predictions. For example the prediction that Switch would get an enhanced port of Smash 4. Very safe guess but not true... yet. Rabbits x Mario... WTF?

So yeah, there are two groups but I'd categorize them differently. One group hates the leaks probably because they don't like the idea of someone "stealing the spotlight". So they throw mud in an effort to make themselves look bigger. The other group, at this stage, is impressed with the amount they got right. The group you are talking about? They have no reason to exist anymore. I think it's fair to say the results have come in for NX rumour quality.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Haru17

@BLP_Software Unless Ubisoft is literally gaslighting us and intentionally leaking misleading information to manage expectations (why?) this game isn't going to be very good. We've waited since this was first leaked back in fall. We saw the game's premise and totally generic aesthetic today: It looks like a Mario RPG even worse than Sticker Star and Paper Jam. Don't chide me for making reasonable observations.

Nicolai

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how many things she gets right. It's true that it proves that she has some inside information, and isn't pulling this out of her butt. But the amount of things she's gotten wrong tells me that based on her average, I really shouldn't trust any predictions she makes, since there's still a good chance that it is one of the ones she gets wrong. And that's all I care about.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

TuVictus

I mean, she clearly has insider info. If this of all things isn't enough to at least make people consider what she says int he future, well, literally nothing will. She could have footage of the developers coding their games and people would find reason to say she's not trustworthy

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

@Haru17 I'm not chiding you, far from it.

I'm wondering how you can write something off before seeing it in action and further information beyond short internal development notes. Actual design documentation is meant to be many many pages. But you explained how you can write it off. It looks bad to you.

But hey, some of us want to wait, so you know, don't expect us to not like it, just like we wont expect you to like it. I'm simply spurring discussion on about why you don't like it beyond "Why does it exist".

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Maxz

@Nicolaison Well yeah, this is my take; maybe it's right, maybe it's wrong. It might be interesting food for thought either way.

But one day you'll find out, and better to spend the intervening period with serene acceptance of that uncertainty than getting into a frothy mess about speculative who-said-whattery.

I mainly just treat rumours as miniature thought experiments, then move on until they become something more than a rumour.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

skywake

@Nicolaison
It would be a fair position if we were talking about them in a vacuum. And sure, leaks will always be less accurate than hindsight. Even if they were 100% right they'd still end up getting stuff wrong. Even official press releases directly from the developer can end up being "wrong". Things are lost in translation and projects change direction or get cancelled. There's a reason why games are usually announced when they are.

But we aren't talking about leaks in general when people whine about LKD, Eurogamer ect. We're talking about them in relation to other leaks. And frankly every other "NX leak" was almost 100% wrong. So excuse me if I'm impressed with groups that got a lot right.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

kkslider5552000

"The Switch will basically be a Ps4" - idiots
"This specific crossover game will have this specific title" - People with connections

Regardless, caring that much about vidya gaem leaks in the first place is deeply embarrassing. I doubt even the people who write articles or make videos that help PAY THEM FOR THEIR JOB care that much.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

@Nicolaison Getting some things right and some things wrong is the domain of leaks. If you don't believe ER and LKD, you shouldn't believe any leaks whatsoever, because all information changes — that's why game makers and reporters both deal in 'developments.'

I think we're glazing over how M+R:KB has a good chance to be the worst received first-party Switch game this year. It could sink below 1, 2, Switch or soar the lofty heights of 8/10, at most really.

Eel

I don't really see any a reason to be chanting doom and gloom when all we know about it is "rabbids in the mushroom kingdom with laser guns".

I think it's just people thinking too much about minion-I mean rabbids.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FGPackers

So it seems to be a SRPG with beam cannons and, as images say, with destructible covers. An XCOM like game?? Possibly with Koopas as enemies?? This can be crazily fun!

Haru17 wrote:

this game isn't going to be very good. We've waited since this was first leaked back in fall. We saw the game's premise and totally generic aesthetic today: It looks like a Mario RPG even worse than Sticker Star and Paper Jam. Don't chide me for making reasonable observations.

How can it be reasonable if you (we) have not seen ANYTHING about gameplay? Just because it has Rabbids???

Haru17 wrote:

I think we're glazing over how M+R:KB has a good chance to be the worst received first-party Switch game this year

...same as before...

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Haru17

@FGPackers For one, it's a 'Mario RPG' so everyone was anticipating it having the qualities of one. Then you see the cover and some screens looking all NSMB with no unique assets we haven't seen for the past decade. Frankly, not being exceedingly cautious with regard to the existance of the game's quality strikes me as willful ignorance at this point.

By far the most likely way for Mario + Rabbids to be a quality product seems to be for all of these images to be falsified — slim chances at best.

FGPackers

Haru17 wrote:

Frankly, not being exceedingly cautious with regard to the existance of the game's quality strikes me as willful ignorance at this point.

So since i just want to learn more about this game with an open mind, and again, we know NOTHING about gameplay, am i an ignorant? Really?

Haru17 wrote:

By far the most likely way for Mario + Rabbids to be a quality product seems to be for all of these images to be falsified — slim chances at best.

This is true ignorance to me. Like a baby who says something tastes bad without even trying it...

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic