Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 261 to 280 of 742

Spoony_Tech

Played with a few of you guys last night and that was my very first taste of the game ever so my apologies lol. Still had fun regardless and thanks for the invites!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Undead_terror

I might play a bit more tonight, besides my connection issues which I'm working on, the others had a couple issues of their own, I still need to get a couple Xmas event stuff
also

Untitled

Got a picture of you, mii, vee and kaz.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

gcunit

I had my first 'docked' session earlier, and was surprised to find that the resolution didn't seem any better than when I play handheld (since the recent update).

Not complaining, the resolution doesn't matter, but I was expecting to see a noticeable difference. The handheld resolution is definitely better since the update.

I was proper galled for the first time today. I had a shot on goal that was going in, no opposition anywhere near it, when one of my own team mates swept across the goal line and knocked the ball away at the last second.

The same game went to sudden death, I hit a goal-bound shot and the same player snuck in and pinched the winning goal from me.

Come to think of it, he was a Switch player too...

Untitled

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

OorWullie

Love playing competitive 1v1, some of the matches are unbelievably tight. Had an incredible match earlier. I was 3v0 up after a couple of minutes and they came back to lead 3v4. I equalised and then soon after took the lead with seconds left on the clock. From the kick off (drive off?) the ball bounced high towards my goal. My opponent flew high through the air, connected with the ball and it was heading for the top corner. Just as it was about to cross the line the final whistle blew.No goal and a victory for me.

I'm a veteran now and feel I've got pretty good at it. Played a Master yesterday and I could barley get the ball from them. I was 3v0 down within a minute but incredibly managed to keep the score the same after some top defending for the last 4 minutes.. I almost sneaked a couple myself. They were without doubt the best player I've come up against.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

gcunit

@OorWullie That's good going. I've only clocked 10 hours, and still a lowly semi-pro. But each time I return to it I seem to be s bit better than the last. Only mode I've played is 3v3. Didn't know there were Masters...

OorWullie

@gcunit That was the first time I've faced a Master but I've seen a Legend in a match before. That's a rank even higher . Can't remember what the outcome of that one was, probably got pumped. I don't think it was in a 1v1 though.This Master I faced earlier was like Messi, if Messi was a car. Looking at the available ranks, that Master still has a way to go. Scary!

Rookie
Semi-pro
Pro
Veteran
Expert
Master
Legend
Rocketeer

I played a lot of 3v3 at the start but I found myself improving a lot more when I played 1v1 or 2v2. You're more involved in the matches.Plus the more shots, goals, saves etc you make you earn more ranking points. I think that's the case anyway.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

OorWullie

I sent a tweet to the official RL account yesterday asking if they could add video capture and they replied saying they're already looking into adding it. That's good news. Also, cross platform party play is coming so we will soon be able to team up and trade with our Xbox/PC owning friends and take on the world. Can't wait for that.Wish Sony would join the party, the arrogant tosspots that they are

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Noonch

I'm Master ranked but I hide it on my banner because I don't feel I play like one. I'm only about 450 hours in so far...

My other Switch is a WiiU.

3DS Friend Code: 2552-1230-7713

burger_king

Noonch wrote:

I'm Master ranked but I hide it on my banner because I don't feel I play like one. I'm only about 450 hours in so far...

how do you hide your rank ? i have seen a lot of people do this but cannot see in the options menu a box to disable this.

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Undead_terror

If I remember correctly, you just go into the banner settings and title, don't remember as I didn't play it for a while, but thankfully my car is the best it can be, really don't need anything else besides a couple Halloween event stuff.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Nintendoforlife

Now that the game has been out for several months, how does everybody feel they have improved so far?

Nintendoforlife

gcunit

@Nintendoforlife I've not clocked more than 10 hours yet, but each new time I log in I find in improving my aerial ability, even if my score each game doesn't necessarily reflect that.

But while I have made one or two saves to be proud of, my goal defending is still hilariously bad. You?

Edited on by gcunit

Nintendoforlife

@gcunit I've put in way over 100 hours so far, and I feel I've gained a fair amount of experience. I can defend with ease, get the ball downfield, take decent ground shots. Aerials are.............. a work in a progress. I've gotten better ever since I found out holding A and B together keeps you aligned in the air. It's just a matter of consistency in terms of timing, to put it simply I am not exactly eager to go after airborn balls.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

CroRock

Good to hear I’m not the only one that sucks at airial play. Same goes for goal defending. I mean, im not that bad after 50 hours but when I see others play it puts me in shame. When I soon hit veteran title I’ll hide it too 😁

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

OorWullie

I've put in 145 hours so far.I feel like I've improved a lot in the last 30 hours or so. My aerial game definitely still needs work but I have some sessions where I'm on absolute fire and nearly everything I try comes off for me. Other sessions though I can drive around like a headless chicken and everything I do either doesn't come off or I make the wrong decision. I'm a Veteran and when matched against fellow Veterans I certainly don't feel out my depth . I do think I'm at my best in a 2v2 match though. I love playing 1v1 but it can be tough going, I've had some serious drubbings in 1v1 even when I'm playing well.

Done some trades last night with someone on my friend list . I definitely got the favorable deal. I swapped them a couple of decals for cars I don't have, one of which was a doubler, a rare player banner which was another doubler, some ugly toppers and a Nitro crate and in return I got a super rare set of tyres, a super rare rocket trail, a very rare anodized paint finish which I love and a couple of rare decals. Well happy with what I got. The paint finish and tyres look mint on my favoured Dominus GT and Takuma cars.

Before today the highest ranked player I've come up against was a Legend. I come up against another Legend today too in a 2v2 match but not long after that I come up against the cream of the crop, a Rocketeer in a 1v1. At first I thought it said Rookie under their name but when I realised what it really said I got all nervous and was under the cosh big time for the first minute or so but I hung on and defended brilliantly before going on to take control of the match. In fact I pumped them big time, dominated them for more or less the last 4 minutes and won the match 5v1. I played superbly well.Was well chuffed with myself.

Took a screenshot to prove it

Untitled

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

gcunit

@OorWullie Nice.

I haven't played any 1v1 yet, but I've added it to my search on your recommendation. Did play some 2v2 for the first time tonight and I can certainly see the attraction. Played a pair and was rubbish, lost 7-0, re-matched them and only lost 4-3 in extra time.

Nintendoforlife

Ahhh yes it seems as though an April update for Rocket League will feature:

1. Video recording implementation

2. Switch Performance & Visual Quality Updates

Performance Mode - 900p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 60 FPS with infrequent dynamic resolution scaling

Quality Mode - Native 1080p (Docked) / 720p (Handheld) @ 30 FPS with added visual effects

@Oorwullie @gcunit

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

Sculptor

If that is true that would be very nice. I would have preferred it if they'd taken more time to implement all these upgrades from the start, but still very nice. Hoping the next step is 1080p60 docked lol.

Sculptor

16bitdave

Never played this before but picked it up a couple weeks ago. I'm loving the game so far! I suck at it, but I'm loving it!

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

burger_king

with all the great games we have been spoilt with on the switch, surprisingly this is the one i have put the most hours in, really addictive !

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic