Forums

Topic: Rocket League (Switch)

Posts 241 to 260 of 742

Kova

Oh my, i love this game even more now. No more few second delay in that window where you select game modes. Love it!

Edited on by Kova

Kova

CroRock

Iโ€™m not sure what they did but game runs so much smoother both handheld and docked!
If only those chest keys for unlocking special content are not that expensive, this game would be perfect in my eyes. Itโ€™s not that there is no enough free content but some items from chests looks awesome and I canโ€™t afford them ๐Ÿ˜ก

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Sculptor

Wow, it makes that much of a difference? Nice... I always believed Psyonix would deliver and bring out some improvements.

I've been a Rocket League addict for years on PC and playing it on the go is a wet dream come true, but being used to PC performance/graphics it was just too much of a downgrade... Absolutely fantastic that those issues are now nearly gotten rid of. All I need is the ability to create an actual online lobby/party with friends on PC, so that having the Switch will always allow local multiplayer when friends come over without having to share a screen and account, and I'll instantly drop my money on it.

Sculptor

gcunit

I took my Switch with me to the cinema last night to play while waiting in between a showing of The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi.

Tapped into my phone's hotspot, booted Rocket League....drooling with excitement at playing some legit 'play anywhere' Rocket League....

...Software requires an update > won't connect to online servers

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

The game looks incredible post-patch.

It's so sharp in handheld mode now. All those jaggies have been cleaned up...

This patch is legit. The game looks gorgeous now. If only they'd do the same for DOOM, I think a resolution increase at the expense of some minor graphical details is well worth the tradeoff.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

@Sculptor You can actually create a lobby with your PC friends. I do it with my mate who plays on Xbox. You just need to make a private lobby, set name and password and you and your friends are good to go.

Not enough is being said about just how awesome cross play is. It's a real game changer. It was one thing Minecraft having it but RL really shows what's possible.

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Late

Just played my first few matches. It seems to be quite fun. I should take a look at the tutorials. I went straight into matches against CPUs and learned as I played. I was surprised to find out that I could actually play online as well even though I'm using my phone's shared internet. It hasn't worked for Nintendo's games such as Smash, Splatoon and Mario Kart but for some strange reason, I could play Rocket League with no problems.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Sculptor

OorWullie wrote:

@Sculptor You can actually create a lobby with your PC friends. I do it with my mate who plays on Xbox. You just need to make a private lobby, set name and password and you and your friends are good to go.

Not enough is being said about just how awesome cross play is. It's a real game changer. It was one thing Minecraft having it but RL really shows what's possible.

Yes, I have tried this once with a friend who was on a PS4. It worked, but it only allowed us to play private matches, so against each other or vs. bots. We couldn't use our cross play lobby to actually play online vs. strangers.

Now the PS4 is known for not really supporting cross play to begin with, so I was already surprised this was possible, but perhaps it's more restricted than others? Can you actually play online against strangers with a PC - Switch cross platform party, or is it still the same as with PS4? Any insights would be great!

If it's still the same, I'll just keep waiting for Psyonix to release the update that will finally allow cross platform lobbies. And when they do, I'll jump right on it...

Sculptor

burger_king

this is turning into one of my most played games, definitely a must have for anyone not played it yet ! and definitely a good alternative to nintendos games as good as they are !

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

Spoony_Tech

Does anybody know how long this is on sale for?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Deku-Scrub

@Spoony_Tech It goes until January 2nd, 2018

Just picked it up today due to the sale, I'm really looking forward to getting into Rocket League again, it's been a while since I last played it.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Spoony_Tech

@NintenNinja16 Perfect, thanks! My son wants it but won't have the means to buy it till after CHRISTmas so this works out great.

Can't believe it's on sale so soon especially since its spent a majority of the time since release at number 1 or the very worst top 5.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Dogorilla

I got a couple of decals by redeeming snowflakes in the winter event, but for some reason they show up in the 'manage inventory' screen, but not in the garage, so I can't equip them on my car. Does anyone know how I can equip them? (I also got a car topper by redeeming snowflakes and that shows up in my garage so I don't understand why the decals don't.)

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

OorWullie

@Dogorilla Did you redeem one for the Polar Force decal? That's only for a certain car that's from the DLC,the car it changes to when selected. It should make that clearer though. All the other rewards should be usable with every car including the Cold Sweater decal.

Try save for the Decrypted as they're only available for another 8 days.There are 5 available to buy. I went for all them first as you can use them to unlock any of the crates you have earned. Be careful what one's you choose to unlock though if you want decent odds on landing a worthwhile prize. I went for the Players Choice crate for 3 of my unlocks as it has 3 cars in it you could win, some others only have 1 or 2. I got lucky with my very first unlock, I won the Dominus GT, really nice car. My next 3 I won 2 decal and tyres for cars I don't have. My last one though I won the Zomba tyres, well happy with those.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Dogorilla

@OorWullie Yeah, one of them was the Polar Force decal. Thanks for telling me, I didn't realise it only worked on one car. The other decal came from opening one of the Christmas crates using a decryptor; I can't remember what the decal is called but it looks like a wolf. I guess that only works with a specific car as well?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

SonOfVon

I always wanted to get into this game, but didn't want to play it on the pc so I was looking forward to getting it on the Switch when it was announced. Got it today and oh boy... am I getting mauled. I suck. I like the game, it is fun and all but it's a bit frustrating when you're losing so much. Never had this happened like this before. Is it that steep of a learning curve or what?

Switch Friend Code: SW 5242 9451 6529 | Nintendo Network ID: SonOfVon
๐ŸŽฎ Adult Switch Gamers: Thread ๏ปฟ Discord ๏ปฟ

OorWullie

@SonOfVon Yep it takes time and a fair bit of practice to get a real feel for the game. You'll get there though. Try turning cross play off for now so you'll only get matched with Switch players. There are some good players/team on Switch too for sure , but generally the standard is pretty bad . Plus do the training, you don't need to complete all the training missions, just try and get comfortable with the controls and an understanding of how the car handles. Plus you need to switch the camera regularly, the ball is tough to hit if you have the ball cam on.

I've put over 85 hours into it so far and still I miss open goals and completely miss easy balls. But I'm alright at it now,I feel confident going into matches and I can score some spectacular goals. Even still, I know I've got a lot of improving to do.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendoforlife

SonOfVon wrote:

I like the game, it is fun and all but it's a bit frustrating when you're losing so much. Never had this happened like this before. Is it that steep of a learning curve or what?

We're in the same boat, I'm one of those people who just learns as they go and I naturally end up becoming pretty good over a short period of time. I've had rocket league for a month now and I still can't consistently hit the ball where I want it.

Nintendoforlife

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic