Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 281 to 300 of 2,747

AlliMeadow

@Harmonie I don't think Alola is dull, but I second that a Scandinavian region wouldn't have to be dull. There are many natural environments here that would translate beautifully to a Pokémon game. The Atlantic Ocean Road, the Northern lights, the fjords, would all make for amazing and unique visuals in a Pokémon game. Although I think I would find it more interesting with a region based on Madagascar or some place else I've never been.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

DarkRula

One thing I think could be included in the Switch games - and this is going back to the Gamecube games - are colosseums. The idea being that there are these battle facilities in towns with four rounds, that give prize money and items for beating them, but also allow experience gain. It could be a nice extra alongside the Gyms or whatever the challenge for the region is, as it would allow rechallenging while also rotating the teams you face against. Or better yet, have the colosseums be the challenge of the region, with a first-time victory giving you the recognition for winning.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Bolt_Strike

I sincerely hope the game is not releasing this year. If it is, it'll probably be as terrible as the 3DS games and fall far short of people's expectations for a console Pokemon experience. This is a game that needs to be big and bold to really revitalize the series and they're not going to accomplish that with 2 years of development.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Bolt_Strike Some say they have more than one main team at GameFreak and they've been working on this game since before Sun and Moon came out.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Octane that is 100% believable as GameFreak themselves stated as such when promoting USUM.

It was also revealed XY started development in 2010, Sun and Moon was hinted in XY, showing development for that likely started in 2012 or so.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

MarcelRguez

@Octane If that's true, it would imply that the Switch game is being developed by the XY team, wouldn't it? Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence if that's the case.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Some say they have more than one main team at GameFreak and they've been working on this game since before Sun and Moon came out.

Game Freak has always had two teams, the A team that works on new generations and the B team which works on secondary games like third versions and remakes. That’s not news. If anything the opposite seems to be true though because they’ve been pulling people away from other projects to work on this game. The problem is though, even with Game Freak’s full force behind this game they simply don’t have the manpower to release a large scale game in that time. It took a team twice as big as Game Freak with a decade or two more of console development experience twice as long to make BotW. What do you think Game Freak can do in a measly 2 years, which is 1 year shorter than XY’s development? Pushing for a 2018 release should raise major red flags.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike Agreed, though maybe not specifically about the game's content. I could see a situation where the game itself is very good but doesn't run well in docked mode for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luna_110

Yeah, Game Freak aren't very good at optimization...

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Bolt_Strike Agreed, though maybe not specifically about the game's content. I could see a situation where the game itself is very good but doesn't run well in docked mode for example.

I mean, that's also possible, but if they can't even do that much they're probably not going to be able to pull off a large scale game packed full of content. Those kinds of games tend to be the most time consuming and require the most effort. They're sure as hell not making anything as open as BotW or Odyssey in 2 years, those games took 4-5 years.

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano

@Bolt_Strike I don't think Pokemon Switch is going to be a much bigger scale game if at all compared with previous games in the series anyway. Probably around the scale of Platinum.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

canucksfan989

@Bolt_Strike I'm fine with something smaller honestly my main concern and it's an odd one is that Pokebank gets a Switch version so we can transfer our 3DS Pokemon to the Switch Pokemon game

canucksfan989

Agriculture

canucksfan989 wrote:

@Bolt_Strike I'm fine with something smaller honestly my main concern and it's an odd one is that Pokebank gets a Switch version so we can transfer our 3DS Pokemon to the Switch Pokemon game

I've never played a Pokeman game, but you saying this makes me worry it would take too long to play. If you have to transfer your progress between games, then the games must be super grindy?

I'll probably still buy it now that I have a Switch, I am also looking forward to trying a Pikmin game, which I haven't played.

Agriculture

darkfenrir

@Agriculture It doesn't take too long to play, the transfer your progress is just you bringing your pokemon with you. The main thing is that, you can't use those pokemon anyway until you get all gym badges since they are counted as traded pokemon, iirc.

Most people usually play it around 25-40 hours for first time run, although some apparetnly finish it within 10 hours... But to be honest, it's just as grindy as other usual jrpg, especially if you don't change much of your pokemon, or want to go to competitive scene

darkfenrir

Bolt_Strike

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Bolt_Strike I don't think Pokemon Switch is going to be a much bigger scale game if at all compared with previous games in the series anyway. Probably around the scale of Platinum.

They're not going to be able to compete with the likes of BotW and Odyssey and revitalize the series in the same way if they don't. Part of what made those games so popular was the sense of scale and freedom that those games offered and a lot of fans expect a console Pokemon game to provide a similar experience. They're going to lose fans if they fail to keep up.

Bolt_Strike

Octane

@Agriculture The games aren't grindy at all, and for an RPG, they're rather short too. If you defeat every trainer you come across, you're usually fine, no need for extra grinding against wild Pokemon.

Transferring Pokemon is mainly so that people can use the same Pokemon they've used for years. I assume most people play the games like a newcomer would, and transfer the Pokemon once they've beat the game for competitive purposes.

Octane

Agriculture

Octane wrote:

@Agriculture The games aren't grindy at all, and for an RPG, they're rather short too. If you defeat every trainer you come across, you're usually fine, no need for extra grinding against wild Pokemon.

Transferring Pokemon is mainly so that people can use the same Pokemon they've used for years. I assume most people play the games like a newcomer would, and transfer the Pokemon once they've beat the game for competitive purposes.

I see, that's good to know. I'm looking forward to playing this series.

I take it all previous pokemans will be collectible in this game even if you start new without transferering anything?

Agriculture

Octane

@Agriculture Maybe. We don't know a lot about the Switch game yet. However, I believe you had to transfer Pokemon over to Sun and Moon if you wanted to complete the Pokedex. The number of Pokemon may be getting too high to make them all available in a single game.

However, I don't think this is an issue, since you can breed them, and people trade them online. And if the online still works like it did in the 2006 games, you can look for Pokemon and trade with randoms. And in case you can't find a particular Pokemon, I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum willing to trade and help you out. Because if the Switch game is like any other Pokemon game, trading is required for completing the Pokedex, so we're all in the same boat.

Octane

Agriculture

Octane wrote:

@Agriculture Maybe. We don't know a lot about the Switch game yet. However, I believe you had to transfer Pokemon over to Sun and Moon if you wanted to complete the Pokedex. The number of Pokemon may be getting too high to make them all available in a single game.

However, I don't think this is an issue, since you can breed them, and people trade them online. And if the online still works like it did in the 2006 games, you can look for Pokemon and trade with randoms. And in case you can't find a particular Pokemon, I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum willing to trade and help you out. Because if the Switch game is like any other Pokemon game, trading is required for completing the Pokedex, so we're all in the same boat.

Okay, cool. I'm not a completionist anyways. I will probably just beat the final boss and then play something else.

Agriculture

Octane

@Aozz101x It looks fake (boring, generic), but the trademark is legit apparently, at least according to 4chan. I don't know how to verify any of it myself. That being said, stuff like this is perfect for fake leaks.

http://i.4cdn.org/vp/1514938423727.jpg

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic