Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 261 to 280 of 2,747

Luna_110

@shadow-wolf
The problem is that the system would have a button for attack, a button to grab, and a button to guard. No variety of moves there, no thinking of the best combination... Personally, I don't think real time would fit Pokemon at all.

And from the discussions on other site, the rumor is mixing two sources. The Rainbow Rocket guy talked about the chinese translation is done and that the region may be based on Spain/Italy, from info they have. The other part of the rumor (Z-moves being waggle, change to the battle system, the "tradition vs innovation") seems to be more spotty and not have a clear source.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Sisilly_G

I really hope that they will consider making a Pokémon game based on Australia. We already have a few "Australian" Pokémon (Kangaskhan, Komala, Psyduck, Helioisk), so there are some legacy Pokémon that can be scattered across the region. Hell, they can pull a Gen II on us and add a post-game New Zealand style region (with Mareep and I suppose some new sheep-like Pokémon, along with Alpaca Pokémon). Bats are a common sight after dark, as well as (flying) cockroaches, spiders and crickets, so there are plenty of existing Pokémon that would make sense as well as adding some that are endemic to the region. Perhaps they can pull an Alola and make Australian (and/or NZ) forms of some of these older Pokémon in order to prevent the Pokédex from expanding out of control.

The Australian white ibis has also become a very common sight in Australia (in addition to pigeons and seagulls) due to the unfortunate destruction of their habitat, so a new Pokémon based on that can be a common sight throughout the region.

And Aboriginal legends can serve as inspiration for the legendary Pokémon (with a Bunyip serving as an "event" legendary, perhaps?). Ah, the possibilities!

Oh, and the game simply must have an Australian-form Snorlax that can only be awoken with a Poké-Didgeridoo.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Harmonie

Right now I really want them to contrast the amount of warmer regions (especially Alola and Hoenn) with a far Northern region like Greenland, Iceland, Norway, etc.

They're beautiful regions that are largely underrepresented in media (at least the media I've been into), and after Alola - the second tropical region in the series, I think it's time.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Haruki_NLI

@Harmonie Sinnoh was a Northern region, as was seemingly Unova.

Then again Unova may have been the only region set on a planet with rotation, as its the only place with seasons.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

@YummyHappyPills I don't really know what the region of Japan that Sinnoh is based off is like, but Unova is based off of NYC, USA which is a temperate location. Very different from Greenland or Iceland.

Harmonie

Haruki_NLI

@Harmonie Yes, but Unova was also quite notably a colder climate region. Sure it was based off of the New York metropolitan region, but the region in game is noted to be rather cold.

NaviAndMii

@sillygostly Yeah, definitely - a Pokémon game with a region based on Australia (or somewhere else with unique flora and fauna, like Madagascar for example) would be perfect! ..it'd be a great excuse to introduce some more 'unique form' Pokémon to the series - and, as you say, the historical significance of such places could provide plenty of inspiration and source material for the games story too

...I'm a huge fan of the TV series 'Vikings' though - so a Pokémon region inspired by Scandinavia (as @Harmonie suggested) would really hit the sweet spot for me as well!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Tyranexx

I wouldn't mind seeing a region based off of Australia or New Zealand. As already pointed out, we have a handful of Pokemon that are based on creatures from the land down under.

I do agree with a colder region for the next series game, though....Iceland would be my personal pick.

@Harmonie: Hokkaido (what Sinnoh is based off of) is the northernmost main island of Japan and is known for its relatively cool summers and snowy winters.

Edited on by Tyranexx

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kylo_Ren

If the next region is going to be based off a colder country, I would hope it isn't a scandinavian country as they are barren, lifeless and dull, I would much rather have the region be based on Canada.

Kylo_Ren

PepsiHero

@Kylo_Ren I've been to Norway, which is actually a beautiful country. I do wish its not one of the nordic countries. Still got my fingers crossed for a kanto or johto map, or a diamond and pearl remake.

PepsiHero

PepsiHero

I think this game might possibly worsen the damage that breath of the wild has done to my social life, yikes.

PepsiHero

Kylo_Ren

@PepsiHero The thing is with a Kanto remake unless they change the region drastically then there isn't much point of remaking it on the Switch. Diamond and Pearl remakes are a given although I think it more likely we will have a gen 8 game beforehand.
I might have a little bias in wanting a Canadian or British region.

Kylo_Ren

Haruki_NLI

Yeah if people want a colder region the UK is ripe for it.

We have huge cities, small downs, endless farmland, yorkshire moors, a mountain range in the middle, lake district (my home), rivers everywhere, snow topped hills, marshlands, off shore islands, beaches, coastal towns, castles, factories...

DarkRula

And Scotland would be perfect for the League.
Also, think about diverting tradition. In Sun and Moon, you live just outside a large city with the Professor's lab just south of you. Imagine placing both in a large city. Yeah, I'm saying you as a character live in the largest city in the game. That city would be the London of the region. I would think the only thing missing in terms of biomes would be a desert or dry place, but there's always creative licence.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

DuskformLycanroc

I don't mind too much where the region is set as long as its interesting to explore. Just let us be able to control the camera so we can look around and explore properly.

I also hope they bring back gyms and let's us re-challenge gym like you can with the elite four.

3DS FC 5387-0811-6168

Haruki_NLI

@DarkRula I wonder how they got a desert in Alola and Unova really.

I could see the player living in London with the bulk of the area being based on The City. Now hpw interesting the financial capital of the world will be....i dunno.

In terms of a general dry place though, ironically for us I know, they could easily do something with a quarry and our endless coal mines.

darkfenrir

I'm just hoping we don't need HM to come back :[

darkfenrir

Harmonie

Kylo_Ren wrote:

If the next region is going to be based off a colder country, I would hope it isn't a scandinavian country as they are barren, lifeless and dull, I would much rather have the region be based on Canada.

It's just a matter of opinion at the end of the day. Just Google search images of Norway and the like. These regions are beautiful, and are unique - rarely represented in media. I don't think they're "dull" at all. Dull to me is Alola.

Harmonie

Tyranexx

YummyHappyPills wrote:

I wonder how they got a desert in Alola and Unova really.

Alola is best explained by the rain shadow effect that's caused by a mountain sitting in front of prevailing winds. Hawaii does have examples of this.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Kylo_Ren

The UK would definitely be amazing for a pokemon region with London being the main hub like Lumiose, with landmarks like the houses of parliament, shard and the London Eye.

Not to mention Windsor Castle would work on a route based around the river Thames. Team Republic could be the enemy team /s.
A legendary for all 4 regions. Honestly, Britain is the perfect choice for a new region.

Edited on by Kylo_Ren

Kylo_Ren

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic