Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 241 to 260 of 2,747

Ralizah

More Pokemon rumors.

http://pokejungle.net/2017/12/26/rumor-first-alleged-gen-viii...

• The Chinese localization team has already finished translating the games’ script
  • There will be no new Mega Evolutions introduced in the new games
  • Z-Moves return and now use motion control to activate using the Joy-Cons
  • Central plot revolves around the conflict between tradition and innovation
  • Region inspiration has been rumored to be Spain or Italy
  • Release to come late 2018 (~December) or early 2019

These details pale in comparison to what has also been said though, and that is the games feature a new, simplified battle system which has been compared to that of the Digimon World games. For those not familiar with them they use a real-time battle style in which moves are still selected via menu and include the option to attack or block moves from your opponent. It has also been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

link3710

@Ralizah Which Digimon World? Do you mean the originals, or the games in the Digimon Story series that were localized as Digimon World? Either way, that's false, as Digimon World games varied in style (4 was a hack n slash for example) and Digimon Story has turn based battle most in line with Dragon Quest Monsters, nothing like what was suggested in this rumor.

link3710

roy130390

@Tsurii @link3710 The first Digimon World game does have similar gameplay to the one described.

You can see a battle at 12:38
If I remember correctly, the digimon gets more attack options if you train his intelligence, to the point where you are able to select specific attacks.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Octane

@Ralizah I buy the no Mega Evolutions part, but I also think there won't be any new Z-moves. It feels like they're the ''gimmicks'' of gen 6 and 7 respectively. Just like Alolan forms. I think they'll introduce a new feature that shakes things up, for better or worse.

Anyway, motion control is something Nintendo would do in the Wii/Wii U era. Not sure Pokemon fans are waiting on this.

Spain has been rumoured for a while, since the directors went on a trip to Spain, and that usually means the next game will take inspiration from wherever they go to.

The fact that localisation is already finished is a bit fishy.

And I don't buy the changes to the battle system. I don't think anyone wants that.

Octane

Ralizah

I guess I should mention to people that I'm just posting a rumor. I have no opinion on its validity. All of the text in that last post came from the source I linked to.

Octane wrote:

I buy the no Mega Evolutions part, but I also think there won't be any new Z-moves. It feels like they're the ''gimmicks'' of gen 6 and 7 respectively. Just like Alolan forms. I think they'll introduce a new feature that shakes things up, for better or worse.

I hope so, personally. Z-moves and mega evolutions didn't bring very much to the table, imo, and I'd like to not see them reappear in future entries.

Octane wrote:

Anyway, motion control is something Nintendo would do in the Wii/Wii U era. Not sure Pokemon fans are waiting on this.

It's also something they've messed around with quite a bit in the Switch era so far, sometimes to the detriment of the game (I feel SMO's emphasis on motion controls kind of gimped it in handheld mode, which was pretty disappointing).

Octane wrote:

And I don't buy the changes to the battle system. I don't think anyone wants that.

Such a drastic change to the core battle system would be pretty weird. They've spent a lot of time refining these mechanics over the generations.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah I know! I'm just replying to the rumour!

Yeah, I really don't think they're going to simplify the battle system like that. Unless it's an actual reboot, but we've no reason to believe that will happen anytime soon.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I was more saying that to the other people who replied to me.

I really hope z-moves with joycon gestures isn't a thing, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

And, yeah, changing the battle system that drastically would be stupid.

Edited on by Ralizah

roy130390

@Tsurii Well, they just compared it to that system, but I don't think they meant it was exactly the same, hence why they specified how that system worked which was real time battles, selecting options from a menu and having the ability to command attack and block, which were all present in the gameplay I showed. I too doubt all that's being said, but the reason why I mentioned that game and showed the video was because Digimon World DID work as the way they described it, regardless of the next entries in the series or if I believe or didn't believe the claims. Sure, if they change the fight system in Pokemon games (which I seriously doubt) they will make a more refined experience than this one.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Haruki_NLI

Yeah motion sounds optional though logical.

And I want Z moves over Megas. Remember Mega Pokemon were created "to make unviable pokemon more viable" and in some cases this is very true, they did do that.

Then Charizard got 2. Mewtwo got 2. Rayquaza got one. Metagross, Salamence, Tyranitar, Gengar, Aggron...

Z-Moves arent just a stat buff to a Pokemon of only one species. They are a move buff to any Pokemon you choose, with any TYPE you chose. Far more useful

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Haruki_NLI

Regarding the complete overhaul to battle mechanics...that could make or break the series im afraid.

Plus theyd need to retool 807+ Pokemon and additional forms AND items AND moves AND abilities for use outside of a turnbased environment.

Does anyone have 4 years to do that?

NaviAndMii

Ralizah wrote:

It has [...] been compared to the battle system of Pokkén Tournament in which moves are either attacks, blocks or grabs and work in a rock-scissors-paper fashion.

Pokkén RPG? Oh dear...

I don't know how I'd feel about a revamped battle system, in truth; the traditional battle method (with its refinements) is really accessible, with layers of complexity there for those that want it - any new method would have to strike a similar balance, or risk alienating one camp or the other - I'm all for freshening things up, but I'm not sure that a 'Pokkén style' battle system should be the way to go (if the rumours are to be believed)

..but I'll try to remain open-minded to the idea - I haven't played a game from the Final Fantasy series in some time, but I heard that the battle system got revamped at some point the past few years and people generally grew to love the new, more fluid mechanics - so a change can be good, if done right...time will tell!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Octane

@Tsurii Sounds like change for the sake of change, and that's rarely a good thing. I hope it's not true.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii Unfortunately I dont believe they should change much.

Remember when they made to 3D? Big change. They also tried changing some mechanics and refocusing their world design into story and rebalancing the type chart to counter how broken it was.

What they did was change some mechanics and made it 3D. They DIDNT rebalance the type chart (In fact it got worse), general balancing went out the window and their focus on story ended up being...well crap.

Its why I say let the first HD games be remakes. Dont need to worry about designing an all new region. Dont need to write a whole new world and characters. No need to make new Pokemon.

Just make jt HD.

Octane

@Tsurii I'm not entirely sure about that. The 3DS is old, but it can do about the same the GameCube could do, and something like real-time battles are possible on the GCN also. Maybe it's just GameFreak, but I think that if someone wanted to make an RPG with real-time battles on the 3DS, they can. I'm also certain there are already examples of this on the 3DS. I think we're past the point where certain gameplay mechanics aren't possible due to hardware restrictions. I can understand something like complex AI, but real-time battles should be possible I think.

Octane

-Green-

I'm expecting a change similar to BW to XY. Looks better, small changes and some improvements but will be overall limited. I don't see it being a huge change like some other people seem to.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MarcelRguez

Yup, same here. Forget about stuff like camera control, even. I bet we get those pseudo-fixed camera angles from Sun/Moon again.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Kylo_Ren

I don't believe those rumours for a minute, but if a region will be based on Italy or Spain I wouldn't mind revisiting Kalos again in the post-game, and maybe we can explore the southern Kalos although I would think that would be too much.

Edited on by Kylo_Ren

Kylo_Ren

shadow-wolf

Did anyone see this: http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/12/26/pokemon-switch-rumors/

If what this is saying is close to true, it indeed will include some major and certainly controversial changes. The Z move thing sounds silly, like GameFreak is finally cashing in on the waggle craze from 10 years ago lol. And I don't like the sound of simplifying the battle system, it sounds like it'll be like the battle system from Pokemon Go, which I dislike tremendously.

Edit: Lol my bad, I did not see that everyone was discussing this in the previous posts.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Luna_110

I don't believe the rumor from Poke Jungle. Game Freak has no reason at all to change the current system, and making the system something like Pokken RPG for the 800+ Pokemon seems something that would take far longer than a release date of 2018/19.

Plus, the system at this point is quite good imo. It allows everyone to play, even younger players but it is hard to master, with all the hidden stats.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

shadow-wolf

@Luna_110 Poke Jungle is referring to a source that correctly predicted Giovanni and Rainbow Rocket for USUM. So it's plausible. And while I hope they don't simplify it terribly, having a real-time battle system may actually be kinda cool. It'll be like the anime.

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic