Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,601 to 1,620 of 2,153

NapalmPsalm

@Octane @MarcelRguez @DarthNocturnal Why stupid? They have items like this for more than pikachu. First of all eviolite for any unevolved pokemon. The there is thick club for Marowak and stick for Farfetch'd. Those aren't stupid

Switch
Username: NaplmPsalm
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

DarthNocturnal

Unless Eevee pulls an Arceus, nothing is going to counteract the fact that Eevee is Normal type, and mostly learns Normal-type moves (even with TMs and tutoring). At least Pikachu can land a few super effectives (that are actually effective). Eevee? Not so much.

Also, Eevee evolving into it's many other forms is kind of it's shtick. Take the shtick away, and you're left with something that's better off in the box.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

Maybe we get Eeveelutions versus a bunch of new (viable) Pikachu forms.

Octane

Ralizah

Just make a Pokemon game where creature you catch and/or fight is some variant of eevee. It worked out really well for Paper Mario when they replaced unique characters with hordes of toads.

Edited on by Ralizah

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

DarkRula

"Hey! I'm an Eevee trainer. I like Eevee. They're soft and lovely to sleep with. Let's battle!"
Two minutes after battle
"Hey! You know Eevee evolves with certain stones? Check out my team!"
Two minutes after battle
"Hey! Sometimes Eevee evolve during certain times of day! Behold our twilight power!"

Imagine the starting area of Let's Go! Eevee being nothing but trainers who love Eevee and having a tutorial like that. Imagine if Pikachu got evolutions across the types as well, so the same thing happened in Let's Go! Pikachu.
"For some reason no-one thought to give a Pikachu a water stone! I did, and look what the result was!"

The idea of a changed Kanto of split islands sounds a bit wishful thinking, but expanding the region is a good idea, especially if it means removing certain restrictive elements of the design [such as being unable to backtrack once you enter Cerulean].

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Octane

@DarkRula After the Cerulean gym, you get access to Diglett's Cave, that's your way back.

Octane

Snaplocket

I bet good money that once the game is actually shown, all these comments about the game being a disappointing rehash will mysteriously disappear and everyone will be excited. It happened with Smash and Mario Kart 8, it's gonna happen here.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

DarkRula

After all these years... I never knew...

Still, the route can be redesigned since we don't really need such excessive progression gating, right?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

NapalmPsalm

@Snaplocket No, either it will confirm peoples fears or tick of someone else. There will always be negative comments

Switch

Snaplocket

@NapalmPsalm Oh, that's a given, but there won't be nearly as many people let down as these guys think there will.

DarthNocturnal

@Ralizah

Don't forget the battle system where every Eevee you use is released, and you need special Eevees to even dent bosses.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

NapalmPsalm

@Snaplocket Even if the there were a lot on here it would still be the minority. The only way the majority of people hate it is if the game isn't optimized, the game controls like crap, or there is a game breaking glitch that is easy to get.

Switch

Harmonie

@Snaplocket Yeah, because that totally happened with US/UM didn't it? [/sarcasm]

People are allowed to be disappointed by subpar products, you know? And oftentimes, whether or not a game is going to be subpar is evident from its initial reveal, whether or not some like to admit it or not.

Granted we have not seen the 'initial reveal' of this yet. However, if the leaks of this being nothing but a Yellow remake, with only the original 151 present, and running on graphics that look like Sun/Moon's upscaled graphics it will be subpar. If that screenshot from April 1 is also true, than it's really bad, because it actually looks worse than Sun/Moon in some regards and is just as narrow in size.

Obviously, I'll give this a chance to prove itself... But once we get official information that cuts out all of the false leaks, it'll be evident whether this is worth getting or not.

Harmonie

Snaplocket

@Harmonie Obviously, you have a right to your opinion. Also, most people liked US and UM. Just saying.

Grumblevolcano

It really depends on what people's expectations are which is hard to determine because this is the first time ever that a mainline Pokemon game has appeared on a home console. With Fire Emblem Switch, people have Ike's games (Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn) to look up to, the latter of which was even mentioned in the Fire Emblem Direct but with Pokemon the closest is the spinoffs Colosseum and XD Gale of Darkness.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

@Grumblevolcano What's funny is that the 3ds installments of Fire Emblem look way better, have much better voice acting, and way more content then Ike's games. To be fair, the 3ds is technically more powerful then the Gamecube. The 3ds pokemon games look better then the console installments (bar Pokken) too.

Grumblevolcano

@Snaplocket It's arguable (especially on the content front) but I do agree on the topic of voice acting being much better in Shadows of Valentia.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Snaplocket

@Tsurii Why on Earth do you expect Fire Emblem Switch to not have full voice acting? Especially after BOTW had voice acting.

Harmonie

@Snaplocket We're not talking about "most" people or even "some". You said you bet that ALL of the comments of disappointment would disappear and that EVERYONE would be excited. My intention is not to be so nitpicky with your words here. I just really tire of people making statements like this, always deriding even the slightest bit of dissent.

What you're probably actually seeing is that people who are disappointed with games tend to leave discussions after a while, leaving only those who are still enjoying the game. Much like you won't see me hanging around The Sims 4 forums much, but my disappointment for that game is still very real and I still feel very strongly about it.

Harmonie

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic