Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,081 to 1,100 of 2,243

EvilLucario

Is it 2018 fiscal year, or 2018 period? Because I can see Pokemon coming at like March 2019.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@Snagrio That's what I'm interested in — regardless of a direct or not, we're going to know some more about Pokemon once the notes regarding the meeting on the 26th are posted. It'd be interesting if they still keep it 2018 or later though. Wonder what that would mean? I actually feel like that would happen - Nintendo would leave it as it's always been (2018 or later) to avoid drawing attention. But if they do leave it 2018 or later, that's an implicit confirmation that the game is likely coming out in 2018, but that they don't want to say "2018" because they'd prefer to announce that information in a direct or a more consumer-friendly way.

@EvilLucario I doubt they mean fiscal year 2018. They likely mean calendar year 2018. Fiscal years are probably only referred to when discussing the numbers of consoles and software sold.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Grumblevolcano

@shadow-wolf I could see "2018 or later" reappearing possibly meaning Nintendo knows it's going to be later but they don't want to announce the delay until after E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shadow-wolf

@Grumblevolcano While technically that is possible (as it fits the definition of 2018 or later), I doubt that would actually happen. They may be unsure if it would release in 2018, but if there is any hope of it releasing in 2018 they will still keep it as 2018 or later. If they're absolutely sure that it won't release in 2018, they will quietly slide that in and hope there isn't much of a ruckus around it. Remember, they never announced any release date or timeframe for Pokemon, so there's no need to announce a "delay" since there was no promise of an exact release timeframe to begin with.

shadow-wolf

-Juice-

I think GameFreak and Nintendo should invest in a better PR department. Instead of letting rumors run rampant and hype swell based solely on speculation, they should quell it with statements as soon as it starts.

If my kids assume something is going to happen on say... Friday, based off of speculation and rumors from their brothers and sisters, it's up to me to correct that by telling them we aren't going anywhere. If I know that they're being set up to believe something that isn't true, yet don't take action to correct that, the blame would then partially fall on me.

Other game companies deny rumors and inform fans in a transparent way to make sure expectations match the timing and product all the time.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

MarcelRguez

@-Juice- That would be a job fo The Pokémon Company, not Game Freak or Nintendo.

Besides, I think their messaging is pretty transparent as is. "We don't comment on rumors or speculation" is something you can hear lots of PR folk say, and it's the correct stance to have when there"s a new rumor every day.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

TheTetrisGuy

I don’t know how many people here follow the Pokémon YouTube channel, but they’ve been uploading all the Pokémon theme songs per region.

I never realized how much I needed this.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

shadow-wolf

@TheTetrisGuy Nice, I didn't realize they were doing this, thanks for letting me know! Can't wait for XY and XYZ tomorrow, although the English sub music was far better than the English dub music. XYZ's theme in Japanese sub is the second best theme in the entire series, only slightly losing out to the English theme of the original.

And while the Black and White anime wasn't the greatest, I love the first English theme song of that region.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Bolt_Strike

-Juice- wrote:

I think GameFreak and Nintendo should invest in a better PR department. Instead of letting rumors run rampant and hype swell based solely on speculation, they should quell it with statements as soon as it starts.

If my kids assume something is going to happen on say... Friday, based off of speculation and rumors from their brothers and sisters, it's up to me to correct that by telling them we aren't going anywhere. If I know that they're being set up to believe something that isn't true, yet don't take action to correct that, the blame would then partially fall on me.

Other game companies deny rumors and inform fans in a transparent way to make sure expectations match the timing and product all the time.

I'd rather they invest in games that actually have content again. Enough of these mobile pandering linearfests.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal

Game lacks content = mobile pandering? I thought it was just called “lack of content“...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Game lacks content = mobile pandering? I thought it was just called “lack of content“...

Well "lacking content" is a shorthand way of putting it, but it's more than that. The games have been increasingly stripped down and simplified to the point of practically playing themselves, lacking any sort of depth or freedom. That's what makes them mobile pandering, they're dumbing the games down because they think it'll appeal to mobile gamers.

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DarthNocturnal

I haven't noticed much difference... bar X/Y.

EDIT: I should mention that I've yet to play SuMo/ Ultra SuMo, but from what I'm hearing, I still doubt I'd feel much difference. The way some go on, you'd think that Game Freak pulled a Sticker Star...

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Seacliff

I'm going to have to agree with Bolt_Strike to an extent, honetly.

My biggest issue with Sun/Moon, personally, is the severe lack of dungeons and how that affects the rest of the game.

Legendaries these days are either handed over to the player without any effort or just hanging around in one-room caves.

Gyms were also removed, making the few dungeons the game actually had into glorified streamlined gyms. Making the game feel very lacking in content and removes any complexity in exploration.

Anything left are areas that are barely larger than couple rooms, save Poni Canyon, which was the only decent dungeon in the game but even that was very linear.

The only time I felt like I found something by actually going off the beaten path was Flyinium Z.

The lack of tangable exploration really is comparable to a mobile game. It's just a step above Puzzles and Dragons where you select an area from a menu, proeced with a couple battles, then head straight to the next area.

I'm not the biggest fan of XY, but I found myself apprciating it a bit more because it has optional Dungeons with rewards like the legendary Pokemon Zygarde one of the Mega Stones. Abliet even that was a step down from Generations 4 and 5.

Seacliff

link3710

Yeah... admittedly the biggest secret I've found from exploring in SuMo was probably the giant hidden area beyond the flower fields on the first island. Oh, and the lost woods styled desert, that was a fun and interesting 'dungeon' design with some hidden secrets. I think that was really why SuMo was so unsatisfying, because it wasn't the story, battle system, new Pokemon, or graphics. Just incredibly poor level design.

link3710

EvilLucario

There needs more optional exploration, and it can't just be regulated to postgame. Why do we just need postgame content? Just have more stuff to do, period. I want to go explore a cave that could end up giving me a really good TM or have different Pokemon that some players would really want before the Elite Four. Don't just stick rare Pokemon like Bagon into a 5% rate in a random route, have that in special areas instead.

They need to expand the world a ton. Not necessarily open-world levels, but something like Xenoblade 1 or 2 where you have a linear story and destinations, but you have huge areas to explore. Bring back that sense of adventure into Pokemon.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

Also improving upon the options to trade, train and raise your Pokes used in previous games would be nice. SuMo were a bit of a step back in that area. I still think their should be more ways to effectively attain the Pokemon you want beyond just grinding through breeding. I'm not sure how they could do that while making it feel good.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Tsurii

Bolt_Strike wrote:

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Well "lacking content" is a shorthand way of putting it, but it's more than that. The games have been increasingly stripped down and simplified to the point of practically playing themselves, lacking any sort of depth or freedom. That's what makes them mobile pandering, they're dumbing the games down because they think it'll appeal to mobile gamers.

Still going on with that horse****? Guess some people can't accept when they're wrong. The only games that applied to were X/Y, even that halfassed gen 3 remake was on the meatier side as far as content is concerned, but you wouldn't know, having skipped all the [removed] "mobile pandering crap"

Edited on by Octane

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Haru17

This question seems obvious in hindsight, but do we expect them to go straight back to gyms after Alola's trials? I would enjoy another region-specific gimmick just to break up the sameness. Honestly though 3D Zelda dungeons are a really good model for how gyms could work. The progression is, 1, travel to a new town, 2, complete a quest or story sequence that unlocks the gym/dungeon, and 3: beat the gym's trainers, puzzles, and leader. Honestly the better Pokemon towns / gyms already have something like that, but if they made it more consistent (and all worthwhile content) Pokemon main quests could feel more substantial. It's a way of taking time to establish characters and locations that embellishes their importance in the player's mind, especially through anticipation of a big trial.

Seacliff wrote:

Legendaries these days are ... just hanging around in one-room caves.

Cough cough Mewtwo.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Tsurii

Haru17 wrote:

Seacliff wrote:

Legendaries these days are ... just hanging around in one-room caves.

Cough cough Mewtwo.

Pretty sure the only exceptions to the linear and/or one-room "dungeons" for Legendaries were Articuno, Lugia and the cover trio for Sinn oh. Everything else is either in a super straightforward area with zero branches (Ho-oh, Zekrom/Reshiram, the weather trio) or in a cave with a single room. Heck, even finding Heatran was linear AF despite its area being fairly big and a little labyrinth-y

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic