Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 1,061 to 1,080 of 2,747

Haru17

So, I was going through the Pikachu-alikes after reading that article about a scrapped third evolution for Pikachu. Obviously there are a billion different forms of Pikachu and we'll be getting another one in 8th gen. I actually like the Pikachu family since it reminds me of how Monster Hunter classifies different groups of wyverns. But anyway, not all of these are in the Pikachu family, I just wanted to list them all to give us perspective on what the 8th gen 'chu could be like:

Gen 1: Pikachu, Raichu, & (Gorochu)
2: Pichu
3: Plusle, Minun, & Volt Tackle
4: Pachirisu, Spiky-Eared Pichu
5: Emolga
6: Dedenne, Cosplay Pikachu
7: Togedemaru, Mimikyu, Alolan Raichu, Pikachu in a Cap, Let's Snuggle Forever, Stoked Sparksurfer, Catastropika, 10 Million Volt Thunderbolt

Since 7th gen went Pika-crazy I think we can expect something similar in Pokemon Switch. Hopefully they don't go with the ball-shaped mouse designs for the new single evolution not-Pikachu again, as those didn't appeal to me much. It'd be cool if Z-moves returned and were added onto, but they'll probably just stay in and become ignored like mega evolution, et al.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Haru17 Mimikyu hardly counts I think. I mean, it's imitating Pikachu, but it's not one of them.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane I said they wouldn't all be part of the Pikachu family. Let's not be pedantic – it's clearly tagging onto the Pikachu brand and was used in Sun and Moon's marketing as such.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

-Green-

Pachirisu is still probably my favorite Pikachu clone.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Guru

One thing that I would love to see for Pokémon Switch, given it’s on a split-screen capable console, is the ability for another player to pick up a controller and lets say sign into their account, allowing both trainers to play independently in the same world. Running side by side getting into individual Pokémon encounters, trading Pokémon and items anytime at anywhere, and even progressing through the story independently or cooperatively.

Guru

link3710

@-Green- Pachirisu is also the only clone who actually feels like they have an identity of their own in my opinion. Or well, Emolga does too to a degree, but not as distinctly as Pachirisu. Still, those two are clearly better than the recent Dedenne and Togedemaru, and the previous Plusle and Minun and Pichu.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

People remember Pachirisu because of VGC where it was the cornerstone of the winners team. THAT gets noticed.

Emolga is a competively viable critter but also isn't "Just" an Electric type. Plus its actually got decent stats alongside that rare type.

Dedenne...eh. Fairy is nice. Its more of a HP sponge than anything I feel especially with Cheek Pouch.

Togedemaru is adorable, and a new Electric/Steel type is very welcome as it is THE type with the most resistances and immunities. It just cant do a lot compared to Magnezone.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Snagrio

YummyHappyPills wrote:

People remember Pachirisu because of VGC where it was the cornerstone of the winners team. THAT gets noticed.

Emolga is a competively viable critter but also isn't "Just" an Electric type. Plus its actually got decent stats alongside that rare type.

Dedenne...eh. Fairy is nice. Its more of a HP sponge than anything I feel especially with Cheek Pouch.

Togedemaru is adorable, and a new Electric/Steel type is very welcome as it is THE type with the most resistances and immunities. It just cant do a lot compared to Magnezone.

The sad thing about Dedenne is the Fairy type was literally slapped on because it was the new fancy type. By that I mean it only learns one solitary Fairy attacking move (Play Rough), but its best offensive stat is Special. That's how little thought GF put into the poor thing.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Huracan

So, according to this guy -

• PokeSwitch is a reboot set 100 years in the past, involving a Kanto submerged under water. Wow.

Don't know if this is the right place for this sort of thing, or if anyone cares but I found it ridiculously entertaining, as rumors go. Warning: the YouTuber is from Spain and the video is completely in Spanish, as are the twitter users he links to and most of his sources. Thoughts?

Huracan

Octane

@Huracan It's fake. He original leaker calls him Piuk, and he claims to be part of the Italian translating team (which I doubt is a large group, so why even reveal that in the first place?). He also claimed Nintendo would reveal a Flying and Ground type Eevee evolution, and according to his original rumour, the games were supposed to be set on an island, with the two legendary Pokemon being snakes. He has quite a lot of detailed 'leaks'. So him doing a 180 and claiming it's a Kanto reboot tells me enough. He's just making stuff up as he goes.

Octane

shadow-wolf

So everyone, there’s more or less a month left before we find out more about this game. I still think it is coming out this year, and I can’t really see it being announced at E3. If that’s the case, then we should be getting an announcement in late May or early June.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Grumblevolcano

Less than a month left if 2018, many months left if 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TOUGHDUDE94

@Octane They should save the snake legendary for mexico due to the mayan have a legend about a fearthered snake.

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Octane

@andrew20 Many cultures have legends and myths about snakes...

Octane

TOUGHDUDE94

I do not mind kanto but i want a true new region for this gen if we get kanto reboot it is just gen 7 going on then then they should just add alola to it.But then what version they should reboot gen 1 or gen 3 remake they need to have a big story in the game now and will they keep team rocket or make a new team

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

ilikeike

Emily Rogers says a Pokemon Switch reveal is "coming soon," and is releasing in 2018. Core RPG with two versions.

At the same time, Masuda is asked about the progress of the next Pokemon game, and he simply responds with "Everyone, go buy a Switch."

It's happening...

Edited on by ilikeike

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Haruki_NLI

We know that much. They announced it at E3.

Patience people. Christ.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ilikeike

@YummyHappyPills Of course we know. But the fact that we're getting two pieces of info at once--one official, the other fairly reliable--says that something big has to finally be coming soon.

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Tyranexx

That info is nothing new, but it's nice to see a tidbit from an official source. Maybe a ballpark release date will finally push me into playing Ultra Sun.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

shadow-wolf

@ilikeike Yeah that makes sense. Of course it could still release next year, but virtually every rumor has predicted a release in 2018 (only one said spring 2019 IF they couldn’t meet 2018).

In that case, I’d expect a reveal in the next week or two. They could do a reveal in early June or during E3, but I feel that the impact of the reveal could be diluted by E3 hype.

Although ... maybe it’s Nintendos plan to have an E3 reveal for Pokémon so that it dominates all E3 conversations and effectively wins E3.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic