Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,521 to 1,540 of 3,072

Haruki_NLI

@StableInvadeel Gen 6 didn't have Rotation and Triple battles sadly.

Instead we got...Sky Battles...oh and that one guy for Inverse Battles

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@BlackTalon2 I don't think that matters. We have a teapot Pokemon; tea is water (water) and herbs (grass), in a ceramic teapot (rock/ground), yet the it is a ghost type.

@Knuckles-Fajita No, I was wrong, it's definitely in gen 6:
Untitled

Octane

Sisilly_G

Rotation/Triple battles were in Gen VI, but not VII, which is a shame as I really enjoyed the few that were in the Gen V/VI games.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Haruki_NLI

@Octane Huh. They never got used outside of competitive play then. Didn't show up in the game itself to my knowledge.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

DarkRula

Wes and Rui need to be remembered, but so does Miror B., even if just for his wacky battle themes. The GCN games are the one thing that I wish had been continued throughout the Wii era instead of reducing them back to just a battle simulator. The always challengeable colosseums, Mt. Battle, and the battle sim stuff were great additions, as was battle bingo.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

toiletduck

@Silly_G wow that's pretty dark! I don't dislike it though it makes me think it's almost rather odd that there's still no fish bone pokemon; a bit like the Fish Bone in the Super Mario games.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Gravitron

@toiletduck Relicanth is probably the closest thing we'll ever get to that. I know it's a stretch but it kinda resembles that

Gravitron

Venus_Adept

Relicanth is a very cool pokemon in my opinion. Remember as a kid when i was told to capture one, in order to find the regis, i was like WOW Relicanth and Wailord must be Legendaries or something then.

Venus_Adept

Heavyarms55

@DarkRula Mirror B was such a fun character! I'd kill for him to pop back up at some point! Even if just in a Battle Frontier/Tower/Subway/Mansion kind of thing. His theme was great and he was just so silly it was hard to even think of him as a bad guy - just kind of a trouble maker having fun and messing around.

I honestly loved both Gamecube Pokemon games - Pokemon Go has added Shadow Pokemon in, so clearly the Pokemon company does remember that whole thing happened. And a really cool part of the GC games was that double battles were the norm. Pokemon for years has used doubles as the standard PvP official format in VGC, yet in-game double battles are generally very very far and few in-between.

How cool would it be if Pokemon Sword and Shield had a double battle alternate mode? I mean, it's almost 100% certainly not gonna happen - or we'd have seen it by now, but man, I'd be all over that!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Eel

Is it just me or did Pokemon Shield kinda take a break from having an eShop profile?

It's even gone from my wish list.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

DarkRula

@Heavyarms55 Indeed, I'd take a cameo appearance for a battle, so long as we get another zany theme to accompany it. And the Shadow 'mon in Go! are an interesting little something, although I wish they'd have gone a bit further and implemented a Shadow move into the game.

As for double battles and the GCN games, they've always been a favourite of mine, and I've been wanting double battles where it's one trainer and two 'mon for each side rather than only being a thing when there's two trainers on the opposing side ever since the games went 3D.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Eel

The interesting thing about the shadow pokemon in Go is that all references to the Game Cube games are supposedly absent in Japanese.

So they may not even be intended to be a reference at all, but the localization teams just took the chance.

Edit: and about pokemon Shield disappearing, turns out it was likely because they were changing them predownload mode! I can finally use that darned voucher.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

-Green-

Today I realized that I had unintentionally replayed all the main regions leading up to Generation 8 in the gap between USUM and SwSh.

I replayed B2W2 to give Unova another shot and to get a hidden ability Cranidos. I then replayed Y to get to the Friend Safari for special Pokémon in the post game. Replayed Platinum afterwards so I could give Sinnoh another shot. Then I started replaying Heart Gold to see how good it actually was, but I haven’t finished it. I also started playing Omega Ruby since I finally got it to work and I’ve had the cartridge since launch. Meanwhile during that I finally finished Let’s Go Eevee.

So to simplify it all I gotta do is beat the last gym and the league in Omega Ruby to finish Hoenn and complete Heart Gold to finish Johto and I will have beaten every region up to Galar. All in the break between the end of Gen 7 and the start of Gen 8. It was just humorous to me since I didn’t plan this but in the end it worked out I guess.

A lot of this happened because I wanted rare Pokémon with their hidden abilities

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Heavyarms55

@-Green- That's just the opposite of what I've done. After I was finished with USUM and Let's Go, I decided not to play any Pokemon until Sw/Sh was out so I'm fresh and eager. It's probably why I'm so itchy to play the games, I don't think I've gone this long without playing Pokemon in the last 20 years!

@StableInvadeel Huh, that's interesting. I have the English version of the game because I'm using the same Google account I've had since university, I should see if there is a way to switch the language regardless and check.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Gravitron

I literally couldn't play the digital version of Ultra Moon on a New 3DS. it ran at like .25 speed. In a game full of long ass cut scenes. Not sure what the deal is with that because every other game I owned on 3DS ran perfectly.

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

Eel

That's odd.

I curiously got all my gen 7 games physically, so I don't know if it's a widespread issue or just you.

Maybe your SD card?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Gravitron

@StableInvadeel I sent the physical New 3DS in, they found nothing wrong with it. Redownloaded the game. Did everything I could but I just wouldn't work. I would understand if it was the older model. I have no idea why it wouldn't work, tried different sd cards as well. Really bummed me out but the Switch came out pretty soon after USUMO came out so I quickly moved on the BOTW and just called it a loss. I've never had a problem of that nature on Switch so I will be buying a digital version of Shield.

Edited on by Gravitron

Gravitron

-Green-

2 weeks

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Late

Starting to get excited. I'm so happy they've kept most of the game a secret. I've only seen the new Pokémon and some Wild Area gameplay. Oh, and I guess the new "evil team" and couple of other important characters but that's pretty much it.

They might still do a huge info dump just before the release but I have faith in them and don't think they're going to. It would go against what they've been doing so far and all this mystery would be pointless. I'm also surprised there hasn't been a huge leak yet which reveals the whole dex. Although that's probably because they don't have a demo on the eShop this time so no data mining.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic