Forums

Topic: Pokemon Sword & Shield

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 3,072

Gravitron

Really hoping I can avoid seeing the starter evolutions. I am going to have to completely avoid YouTube for a couple weeks

Gravitron

Harmonie

@Gravitron Just today rumored evolutions for Grookey and Sobble came out and while they aren't for sure real, they do look pretty realistic (and are in screenshot form, meaning a lot of work would have to have gone in to fake them), so now is the time for you to be careful.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

-Green-

Yeah good thing I’m going into internet shutdown. I think I’m gonna stop visiting this site too tbh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Late

I guess I spoke too soon. I hate the internet... I hope I'm able to avoid those rumors.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Gravitron

@Harmonie Ya I saw those. They look good but I think they are fake. Needless to say I need to stay off Reddit and YouTube for a couple weeks. Maybe find a podcast to get into.

Gravitron

Harmonie

A number of new Pokemon have leaked just like the starters' evolutions. Be careful, those who want to avoid spoilers.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

I guess this is why Game Freak usually reveals most things before launch. Reveal lots or have your game leaked, either way surprise is eliminated.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

AndyD

anyone know if the double pack can be purchased on the US eshop? I know it shows pre-purchase for the individual copies, but I was looking at getting the digital of the double pack with the bonuses.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

darkswabber

Won’t go in depth but it seems like the final evo for sobble is fake, it was leaked by a different leaker than the other stuff from that french guy. Also background doesn’t match up with either the dex background and the team/box background.

darkswabber

Twitter:

Araquanid

darkswabber wrote:

Won’t go in depth but it seems like the final evo for sobble is fake, it was leaked by a different leaker than the other stuff from that french guy. Also background doesn’t match up with either the dex background and the team/box background.

Nope it’s actually real, apparently last night there was 2 leakers, one Indonesian who was leaking what he was playing, and one who was leaking the guidebook.

They both leaked the same starters.

guide leaked with photos:

Gigantamax:
Kingler
Machamp
Rolycoly final stage
Lapras
And 2 new pokemon with G-forms (one called centiskorch, looks really cool).

And all 3 starter finals (in section of the book presumably for late game rival battle.)

Additionally the Indonesian leaked a new snake line, and the guidebook leaker called out the names for them.

Here’s a thread with all the collected info:
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokemon-sword-shield-pr...

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

BlackTalon2

i need that ground type snake! and i just read the smogon leaks, lots of cool new pokemon. gen8 is gonna be grea

Edited on by Octane

VIVA CRISTO REY !

BlackTalon2

sorry.

im reformatting my team thanks to the new leaks. i will be replacing as many of the old pokemon with new pokemon as possible. the older pokemon will be reassigned to the secondary team.

VIVA CRISTO REY !

jump

I saw the leaked apple Pokémon and thought it was incredibly stupid but then I saw it's evolution and I actually really like it. The fighting octopus looks cool too.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sisilly_G

I'm actually quite happy about one of the new Gigantamax forms as I found a shiny of its pre-evolution in Let's Go and hope I can transfer it over.

Heads must be rolling at Game Freak HQ in light of these leaks. Perhaps they'll consider being even more tight-lipped with new games going forward.

Many of the designs do not look good though. I'll have to reserve judgement until I see the actual games as each new gen generally has a teething period, but I hope that at least a few of them are fakes.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

jump

The Pokedex has been leaked;

No Scizor who is one of my favourites and it's odd Charmander is there but other region starters aren't.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

darkswabber

Now that we know the full dex. Here’s some stats.

Percentage of Pokémon Returning in SwSh by Generation:

Gen 1/Kanto - 55/151 - 36%
Gen 2/Johto - 33/100 - 33%
Gen 3/Hoenn - 42/135 - 31%
Gen 4/Sinnoh - 38/107 - 36%
Gen 5/Unova - 85/156 - 54%
Gen 6/Kalos - 32/72 - 44%
Gen 7/Alola - 36/88 - 41%

Overall I’m happy, gen 5 is my favourite and I don’t even have nostalgia for gen 5.

darkswabber

Twitter:

jump

I find some of their choices of what they kept and cut from the dex a bit off,

like Purrloin who was that gen's Meowth but they have a new Meowth in the game already and Purrloin doesn't really have a fanbase as opposed to someone like Psyduck or Garchomp who are popular in the fandom. The same applies with Pidove, Goldeen, Krabby etc.

The cutting of legendaries is welcomed though, it was getting silly with how many they were adding each gen.

Here's a chart of the cuts and keeps;

Also apparently there is no post-game apart from a battle tower which is disappointing.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic