Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 881 to 900 of 2,057

TuVictus

Not to be off topic, but do we know who leaked Samus returns? Not saying how or where, but that game was on the web for a few weeks before launch

TuVictus

OorWullie

If ever there is a series of games that a publisher could send out and be confident it will receive top marks from the majority of websites worth paying attention to, it is 3D Mario. No doubt there will be a couple of sites giving it a lower score but those are usually just 'hey look at me, I'm edgy' idiots that are desperate for attention . I'm not saying 3D Mario is for everyone, some folk just don't like 3D platformers, that's fine but then they shouldn't be reviewing the game. Only a fool could play through these and not recognize the expert level design, massive amount of original ideas and focus on ensuring the gamer is having fun. Other than Galaxy 2,each entry is totally unique from each other too, so anyone saying it's just more of the same is another not worth paying attention to. For me these are the pinnacle of gaming,it doesn't get any better.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

OorWullie

@Inertiacreep Haha, I've never done that for any game or console. I'm a month shy of 40 year old and with age I can recognise things for what they are instead of what they're not. Games like 3D Mario are the very reason I love gaming in the first place,to have fun and lose myself in its world and no series does that better than 3D Mario.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Ralizah

@BLP_Software Oh well. The really big publications and channels will still get copies early-ish. Apparently review copies are sent out in "tiers" now.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@Operative2-0 Im not sure but its happened a lot, along with broken street dates. I understand wanting to crack down

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

I was wondering if maybe it was the same people leaking it :X. Yeah, I'd crack down if I were them, too

TuVictus

Haru17

It would be sick if this game could do the gravity-bending levels from like the first third of Galaxy. Not the 2D ones, but stuff like slingshotting around planetoids. It's probably too much to ask for with how many projectile captures there are and the motion control hat toss mechanic. Although, I've spoken to people who have their (speculative) suspicions about the 3D moon floating around the world map...

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

TuVictus

I think we'll totally see some galaxy esque platforming. I hope so, at least!

Random thought, but my favorite thing to do with the Galaxy games was do a long jump on a small planetoid perfect enough that I'm caught in an endless loop of gravity in my jump.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Kimyonaakuma

The galaxy games are my favourite (and first) 3D mario games so any reference to them would be appreciated!

I know that they said somewhere that they won't be remaking any mario games for Switch but SMG 3 would be good too!

Kimyonaakuma

erv

I'm charging into this thread blank just to mention it.

The t-rex GETS A MOUSTACHE.

Game of the year.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Ralizah

Super Mario Galaxy is pure joy. The controls, the aesthetics, the gentle melancholy surrounding Rosalina, almost everything is wonderful in that game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JoyBoy

Yes, that’s the amazing part. This game actually releases next week!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Haru17

Yeah, the lighting drawn onto Mario's model in Galaxy looks great. They would probably ruin it in the HD remake.

And, going by the Breath of the Wild clock, we still have another 21 months to go until release.

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

rk3388

Question for you that pre-ordered. I have amazon prime Canada and pre-ordered odyssey late august. Do you know if this is an automatic release-day delivery ?? I got an email confirming Arms and splatoon 2 would be release day deliveries but not odyssey.

Thanks !

rk3388

Kimyonaakuma

@Dev That just sounds weird! It feels like it was just announced!

I have a feeling that it will be the next Breath of the Wild type of success. I'm happy for the people that will be able to play it next week but I'm also excited to see what the next big switch game will be! 2018 should be a great year (Switch-wise at least), hopefully I'll have a Switch by then..

Kimyonaakuma

Octane

Dev wrote:

Next Friday...

is a special day indeed, because October 27 is more like to fall on any other day than Friday (and Wednesday), so it's a relatively rare occurrence! And it's Black Cat Day!

Octane

TuVictus

The peach amiibo reward is so cute, I can't wait to try it out. Loving the amiibo rewards, especially since you can get em' without amiibo! One week can't come soon enough.

TuVictus

Dezzy

Dev wrote:

What gets me about Galaxy 1 and 2 is how beautiful they are even though they're Wii games. I can't imagine how much better they would look in HD!

You don't need to imagine. It renders in any resolution on the Dolphin emulator. It looks incredible. Just as good as most games release in 2017

Untitled

It's one of those games that was so well designed that you don't even need to change the old textures to make it look good.
My guess is that we'll see Galaxy remaster and Skyward Sword remasters on the Switch at some point when they need something quick and easy to fill the calendar.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Aozz101x

mario will be able to wear peach's dress.
https://gonintendo.com/stories/293434-super-mario-odyssey-wed...
im gonna wear it. and beat the heck out of Bowser in it.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic