Forums

Topic: Super Mario Odyssey

Posts 681 to 700 of 2,057

-Green-

Gonna be a lot of spoilers in the week before it launches. That's usually what happens.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

rk3388

I have been actively avoiding spoilers (which hasn't always been working), but I pray that the pre order from amazon comes on the 27th and I will spend the entire weekend playing with a few hours of midterm studying in between and maybe see friends if they can get me to emerge from my room

rk3388

veeflames

@BLP_Software Go to school for early morning work, contemplate on going home early just to play Odyssey just to realize that I still have to work again later in the day, go home immediately I get off work, run over to the mailbox and get my copy of the game, play the game beyond the dark of night, and continue to play all weekend, forget about schoolwork and such, and progress in the game during my ride back home each school day.

Of course, that's if Amazon stays true to my pre-order. But even if they mess it up one way or another I guess I'll be needing the delay since... well, schoolwork's my priority (or is it?)!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Ralizah

BLP_Software wrote:

I suppose we should discuss, what are your launch day plans for October 27th?

For me its wake up, obsess over the mail coming, play Mario Odyssey, pass out when I'm done 100%.

Go to work. Receive mail. Check the game out on the tablet during my break. Go home. Play for a few hours on the TV.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OfNullAndVoid

BLP_Software wrote:

I suppose we should discuss, what are your launch day plans for October 27th?

For me its wake up, obsess over the mail coming, play Mario Odyssey, pass out when I'm done 100%.

Go to work, come home and hopefully have the package to open, then...

not play, but instead watch the Mary Tyler Moore show with my wife. Yeah, don't ask why, but we've actually been having a blast watching retro shows for a while now. Anyway, back to topic.

Go to bed, wake up, aaand... Fix coffee before sitting down to the new Mario!

Yeah, call me crazy, but I'm actually able to wait & play new games. That's not to say I'm not looking forward to this one though, it's at the top of my list. On top of that, I will also allow it to break my "no new games until I finish some of my backlog of games" rule. Of course, that rule is currently driving me nuts with the amount of great games (on a variety of platforms) that are being released. Unfortunately I just don't have a lot of time to play all of them so I have to be picky.

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

kobashi100

Getting mine delivered to work. Then lunch break I am all over this game. Then play on my train ride home

kobashi100

BanjoPickles

Total blasphemy, but I plan on making Odyssey the first Mario game in twenty-plus years that I won't pick up on day 1. I'm excited, and it is a big reason why I bought the Switch, but man.....the SNES Classic is going to eat away at a lot of my time, over the next month! I'll probably get it in mid-November, so I can spend Thanksgiving break cracking out on it!

BanjoPickles

FragRed

Well I am very lucky as at my job, being I work in the post room, the game is shipped straight to me at work. So I will just play it during my lunch break and then the entirety of the weekend as soon as work finishes!

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Haru17

Has anyone posted these tweets about the dive and ground pound spring jump yet? Odyssey looks like a full evolution of the 3D Mario gameplay style, sort of in the same way Monster Hunter: World is expanding and polishing up that series' weapon combos and traversal animations. They're subtle changes, but there are a lot of them and they'll each probably improve or diversify the experience of playing noticeably.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

Dive and pound jump are slick.

Haven't been following this game really. Wanna just hop in and be surprised. So much footage floating around. The games I'm hyped most for (Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, MH World) I tend to ignore until release. It ruins half the fun seeing it beforehand.

Moves are fine though. In fact that's one thing I always appreciate knowing in advance. Gosh, Odyssey is going to be so epic. Another GoAT contender, without a doubt. Both I and my brother have scheduled vacation for when this game releases.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

Footage from the Cascade Kingdom.

This looks like one of my favourites. I love the Xenoblade Chronicles type environment:

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

shadow-wolf

@MasterWario OK that sounds good, we'll see how they handle the bundles before judging

shadow-wolf

MasterWario

I just realized this is a good game for Halloween with all the costumes and such. I wonder if that was their intent with the release date...

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

TuVictus

I doubt it's much more than coincidence in relation to release timing. More than likely it was placed strategically, at Nintendo's discretion. After all, they're focused on like one major game a month, right? November we have already packed with LA Noire, Skyrim, DOOM(i think?), and December 1st is Xenoblade, so having Mario shoved into the middle would be bad for everyone, I feel.

Plus we get it sooner, so win win for everyone involved!

TuVictus

FragRed

@Operative2-0 Doom I think is December going by rumours from some retail leak but no actual date I don't think has been set. Would seem odd to have it in November as well, though December seems too late.

As for Mario, I think releasing it at the end of October makes sense as it gives plenty of time to build up sales of the game and Nintendo Switch in the lead up to Christmas while also being a great way for Nintendo to then say to those buying the system throughout the next couple of months "Look at what else we have on the system - Skyrim, LA Noire, DOOM plus all these other games that came out earlier in the year".

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Ralizah

Those moves look great. Mario's moveset is more flexible and fun than ever!

@Dezzy Wow, so I guess the 2D sections appear throughout the game. VERY neat.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MasterWario

Well it's definitely odd territory for Nintendo. Most main series Mario games were released in Nov., followed by Sept. and Dec., and at least in NA, the only main-ish releases I'm seeing with an October release date are Lost Levels and Super Mario World 2.

And it wouldn't have been hard to push it back a few days to November.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Deku-Scrub

Apparently some Target locations now have a demo for Super Mario Odyssey at the Switch demo stations, with the demo appearing to be placed in a section of the Sand Kingdom. Also it doesn't seem to have a time limit either so you could 100% the demo if you really wanted to.

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Scrummer

So, I was able to try a demo at my local target (I would suggest checking your local Target/Best Buy as well for demos) and it was really fun. I can't speak too much for it, because I only played for about 5 minutes, but the controls were very smooth.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

TuVictus

MasterWario wrote:

Well it's definitely odd territory for Nintendo. Most main series Mario games were released in Nov., followed by Sept. and Dec., and at least in NA, the only main-ish releases I'm seeing with an October release date are Lost Levels and Super Mario World 2.

And it wouldn't have been hard to push it back a few days to November.

I wouldn't think too hard about it. I think if they're releasing in October, it's for a very good reason for themselves. I'm not sure why it's important to release it in Novemeber, unless I'm misunderstanding.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic