Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 381 to 400 of 594

FGPackers

Even if i like them i will not pick them because i want to get MK8D, ARMS and Splatoon 2. So now i'm more focused on taking this ones. Maybe in the future. By the way i don't have kind of hopes for new colours, but i'm so much curious to see what they bring next!

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

NaviAndMii

I'd like to see Neon Green - just to complete the 'Neon' set!

Untitled

...but, for nostalgia, I'd be tempted to get Atomic Purple Joy-Con if they ever came out - the colour of my favourite N64 controller!

Untitled

...or even a Joy-Con (L) with a D-Pad for classic games??

Untitled

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

I for all kinds of colour choices, if there was a green camo I would be a pre order for me

The one thing that I dont get is for the price of the controller it should have come with the middle insert for making it a one piece controller

A D pad one would be ideal for when Virtual Console drops

Edited on by ValhallaOutcast

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

blaisedinsd

@NaviAndMii Yes, I definitely want Dpad joycon! I play so many Nintendo games with the Dpad I can't imagine not having one as a default on a system isn't a major let down. It's one of the main reasons I wasn't keen to jump on the switch train day 1.

are those images photo shopped?

Alternatively mechanically designing some sort of Dpad cover that could could snap on top of the face buttons and be removed if needed for 2 player joycon action would be ideal.

Edited on by blaisedinsd

SW-7087-5868-6390

Luna_110

I've got the Pro Controller for the Switch, and its ultra comfortable. Haven't tried the Joy Cons yet, but at least between the the pro for the Switch and the pro for the Wii U, I'll stick with the Switch Pro.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

NaviAndMii

@blaisedinsd The top two images are Photoshopped - but the D-Pad Joy-Con is a real Joy-Con modified by a Reddit user (Persian_Assassin) to have D-Pad functionality ..I think they used the D-Pad from a Wii Classic Controller in the final design - here's a few more images of the finished article:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

...he acknowledges that it's still a little rough around the edges - but he says it works pretty well! Pretty good effort I think - certainly opens your eyes to the possibilities...I'd probably buy one in future if Nintendo released them in retro NES/SNES colours! I'll pop the links below for anyone who is interested in the full discussion..

Reddit Link 1 - Prototype

Edited on by NaviAndMii

ValhallaOutcast

D pad in handheld mode would be great but I don't see Nintendo doing this as it would defeat their idea of using the joy con sideways as a single controller

NaviAndMii

@ValhallaOutcast I think the guy who made the one above had 4 Joy-Con and just wanted one of the left ones to have a D-Pad for 2D games - didn't make a huge difference to the overall gameplay apparently, but he just felt having his thumb resting in the centre of a D-Pad was more comfortable - and gave him a better 'feel' - than having it resting in the gap between the 4 C-buttons

Who knows? I think it seems like a decent idea - probably not one we'll see for a while though (if ever) as Nintendo might fear that, this early, it might distract from the core concept of the Switch...

Edited on by NaviAndMii

ValhallaOutcast

@NaviAndMii oh ya I agree it would take away from Nintendo's original marketing of how the 2 joys work together or independently, but since they do already sell L and R separate maybe after virtual console is rolled out they would see a way to market a L joycon as the VC companion

NaviAndMii

@ValhallaOutcast Yeah, definitely...maybe they'll keep things quite straight and simple this year (until post-Christmas maybe?) so as not to confuse the marketing message before the big sales period - but, beyond that, they might be tempted to branch out a little - providing some twists on the current format?? Time will tell ..I think there could be a place for a D-Pad Joy-Con down the line - if people find that they prefer using the Pro Controller for 2D games because of the D-Pad, maybe they'd make one so that you also have that option for portable (attached Joy-Con) play..? I'd be down - got a lot of 2D games on my wishlist! (Stardew Valley, The Escapists 2, some VC classics etc.)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Sargon

Would a Pro Controller be too big for a 4-year old to use? I want to get an extra controller for my son to play Mario Kart, and I would prefer not to buy extra joycon's, but I don't want to buy the Pro Controller if he won't be able to use it.

Sargon

ValhallaOutcast

@Sargon ya I would say it's big for a 4 year old, why would you use the pro and let the kid use the joy cons ?

Sargon

@ValhallaOutcast I should have explained that from the beginning, but I would just prefer not to have a 4 year old's dirty fingers all over the joy cons that I use to play all the time. I would rather that he has his own controller and then I don't have to worry as much about him breaking it or where his hands have been.

Sargon

ValhallaOutcast

Sargon wrote:

@ValhallaOutcast I should have explained that from the beginning, but I would just prefer not to have a 4 year old's dirty fingers all over the joy cons that I use to play all the time. I would rather that he has his own controller and then I don't have to worry as much about him breaking it or where his hands have been.

gotcha, that makes sense

Octane

@Sargon The difference isn't that big. Using the Joy-Cons without the grip would be the most suitable option in your case, but the Pro is the cheaper option.

Untitled

Octane

Ralizah

I was thinking about getting the Pro controller, because the one on the Wii U is so comfortable, but I've heard widespread reports that the thing's D-Pad is terrible and mixes up right clicks with up clicks. Anyone else having this issue, or know how widespread it is?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@Ralizah The D-Pad is fine. ALL D-Pads do that. It's up to the game and how it handles diagonals to figure that out. I do know the issue you're talking about and I do experience it all the time, but that's mostly a Zelda issue, not a hardware issue. It's common for a D-Pad if you push it in an upward way on the R/L directions for it to register as a diagonal, even the DS4 does that despite it looking like 4 separate buttons. It's only obvious because for some reason Zelda interprets right-up diagonal as up, and because of the menu layout we all expect it to interpret as right. On a game that actually interprets diagonals as diagonals the behavior would be as expected. Zelda shouldn't be recognizing diagonals at ALL. But it does and prioritizes runes over swords for whatever reason.

My fav is the early runs of the X360 controller before they semi-fixed the D-Pad. If you pressed DOWN with a forward pressure, it would register an UP press. Now THAT was a bad D-Pad.

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I tested mine in the settings, and if I hit the edge of the right direction, like extreme edge, it would register as up, and same for up going left if it was on far edge, but you really had to go out of your way to make it do this. I contacted Nintendo and sent them both of my Pro Controllers, and neither of the ones I got back have this issue anymore. I don't think it's a defect so much as it is the way it's designed. Can you press one of the directions it kind of presses the whole plus sign at once, so if it's not perfectly aligned in assembled I can understand how it could do this.

But, like I said, the 2 they sent me don't have the issue and one was brand new in the box they sent me. Idk, you really kinda had to go out of your way to replicate the problem, and I was prepared to live with it but, it's covered under warranty so I figured why not get it addressed. 72 hr turnaround from phone call to arriving on doorstep. They've been on their AA game with service repairs.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Spoony

@Ralizah I have heard from more than one source that Nintendo designed the d-pad on the pro controller badly.

Apparently, there is nothing in the centre of the pad for it to pivot on when it rocks in a particular direction. It is one big button that can be depressed completely together. Its pretty terrible when you realise what this means. I cant play tetris with the pro, it constantly misreads my inputs because of this flaw.

Its disappointing because the rest of the controller is very good.

Spoony

Sorry, this topic has been locked.