Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,641 to 1,660 of 1,768

Don

Question for FF veterans: When you get a game over, do you get to keep your experience points in all FF games like in FF 6 or in some FF games you only keep experience points after saving the game?

Don

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

I have a feeling that this will be an excellent adventure.

Lol, yes indeed.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Quarth

@komodo182 I can sure see why! The characters and the setting got hold of my attention immediately.

@Dezzy I understand that it's one of the most beloved FF entries, which makes it even more confusing why they omitted it from the physical Switch version with VII and VIII that released in Asia.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

komodo182

@Quarth I am sure you will love it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Solaine

@Quarth my favorite Final Fantasy, i absolutely love the adventure, characters and everything! Except for sometimes slow gameplay and the ridiculous card game but i heard the former was fixed and the latter is not really mandatory for anything substantial

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Quarth

@komodo182 Yeah, I think I will. Thanks to the Switch, I've got the chance to catch up with some of the classic FF games I've missed:

FFVII - beat it, great game, holds up well, 9/10
FFVIII - halfway through I guess, but got stuck on a boss, need to return, it's an enjoyable game
FFIX - just got it, think it will be fun
FFX - beat it, great game, also a 9/10
FFX-2 - only started it up, will return to it eventually
FFXII - beat it, good game, 8/10
World of FF Maxima - about 10 hours in, fun and a little bit silly
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! - cute and charming, also recently bought it, so haven't played that much yet

Have I missed anything? Guess there's that chibi-version of FFXV, what's it called, Pocket something? But I'm not too interested in that and it's digital only, right?

Edited on by Quarth

Quarth

@Solaine Yeah, the battles seems a bit slow, but if it's the same as in VII, VIII and X you can speed it up.

komodo182

@Quarth I really enjoyed X as well, but couldn't get into X-2. Or frankly anything after that.

Quarth

@komodo182 I think XII was good. The characters weren't as interesting as in X and the story was somewhat all over the place, but I liked the environments and the battle system.

My favorite FF is still VI.

Wargoose

@komodo182 I enjoyed X-2 but everything after that has felt like Square Enix desperately trying to find a battle system that works. FFVII Remake is great though, so hopefully they just use that as a base for the next mainline entry.

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

@Quarth
FF X/X-2 was the only Final Fantasy with Okinawan theme and Eastern cultures inside the game.
The Yevon teaching, the sending ritual, the Fayth hymn, the outfits design that very Harajuku (Japanese wild style fashion).
The Arabic theme was from Al Bhed that from Arabic style name of Alphabet and the letters changes that made the English language became an Alien language.
I think FF X/X-2 was exothic, different than typical European medieval theme final Fantasy.

Anti-Matter

Solaine

@komodo182 same here actually, VI to X have all been pretty good at least but everything after is a mixed experience to me, of course it is not hironubu sakaguchi anymore who produces the game. Maybe that is why i cannot get into it these days

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Solaine

@Don i don't know about all of them but i thought you load from your save most time so you keep your experience point to that save before you die. That is the case with most Final fantasy games, although i am not entirely sure if it is all of them. I guess you mean the remake with that exp rule and i am actually pretty sure they use it for the first time there

Edited on by Solaine

Don

@Solaine
FF 6 also load from last save point after game over but you keep any experience points you gain from any battles from last save to game over. I am wondering if that applies to other FF games too. I think FF4 you don’t keep your experience after last save if killed in battle. I know the Switch version of FF7-FF9 has no damage cheats. I would be really tempted to turn it on if I gained a lot of experience after saving and in a situation where I am about to get a game over if I can’t keep the experience points after saving like in FF6.

Edited on by Don

Don

komodo182

I wish X had a new game plus option.

Solaine

@Don I see! Guess i never realized in my playthrough or simply forgot, sounds really helpfull if you are stuck and just want to get past that certain boss

Dezzy

Quarth wrote:

@Dezzy I understand that it's one of the most beloved FF entries, which makes it even more confusing why they omitted it from the physical Switch version with VII and VIII that released in Asia.

It's one of the most beloved among the hardcore fans, but FF9 never really did as well in terms of mainstream support. I think it's the lowest selling numbered game since FF7 brought the series into the mainstream.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Hype check.

Final Fantasy IX is getting a Switch physical release early next year.

Are you in or did you already purchase a digital copy?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

komodo182

@Magician I did buy it digitally, but we will see what the physical looks like and what it comes with. Who knows, might buy the physical.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic