Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,661 to 1,680 of 1,768

TheFrenchiestFry

Perfect. I had intentions of picking up the VII/VIII Switch twin pack in addition to already owning FFX/X-2 HD and FFXII on Switch so this is great news

Seriously wish these physical versions could come to PS4 though. Literally makes no sense why only VIII Remastered is getting a physical PS4 release considering the games in question originated on PlayStation

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Don

I wonder if FF13 will eventually get a remaster as well. Never played it and will buy it on a current gen console to play.

Don

TheFrenchiestFry

@Don I feel like Square actively wants to avoid doing anything with XIII given how polarized in reception it was even compared to FFVIII. At least that game slowly grew a cult following and the game itself isn't even that bad.

all 3 XIII games are on PC but I think that'll be it. The closest we've gotten to Square acknowledging XIII's existence in recent years is when they put Lightning in the new Dissidia game on PS4.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Don

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@Don I feel like Square actively wants to avoid doing anything with XIII given how polarized in reception it was even compared to FFVIII. At least that game slowly grew a cult following and the game itself isn't even that bad.

all 3 XIII games are on PC but I think that'll be it. The closest we've gotten to Square acknowledging XIII's existence in recent years is when they put Lightning in the new Dissidia game on PS4.

Hmm, I guess I will just play the game and follow ups on PS3 then. I had hope that it might be remastered since FF8 had similar reception FF13 had and that got a new release.

Don

TheFrenchiestFry

@Slowdive The Asian versions of the Twin Pack and FFIX have English text options to begin with so it really doesn't matter which version you get.

TheFrenchiestFry

NintendoByNature

Hoping FF XII comes back and is dirt cheap for black Friday. Haven't seen square enix be apart of the sale yet but hoping they dive in.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

3 more days to go FF IX Switch physical release Asia version.
Untitled
Can't wait to play FF IX again after 15 years ago i played it on PS1. 😃

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Tyranexx

NintendoByNature wrote:

Hoping FF XII comes back and is dirt cheap for black Friday. Haven't seen square enix be apart of the sale yet but hoping they dive in.

Same here. I know it's a long haul, but a lot of impressions I've read agree that it's one of the better Final Fantasy titles. I have a feeling it'll be difficult to find in physical form for a decent price before too long; it's been out for awhile now.

Because I totally need more JRPGs....

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

NintendoByNature

@Tyranexx lol I've seen it for 25-30 but that's about it. A digital at 15 or so would be golden

Edit:I think stores will have it for 20 on BF

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tyranexx

@NintendoByNature I've seen it that cheap too, but I've never went for the bait yet. $20 though.... I'd almost have to jump on that.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

BruceCM

A couple of places here had deals on FFX/X2 & XII physical earlier this year .... There might well be similar ones for BF around, I'll let you know if I hear of any

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Talking about that, SE is doing Black Friday sales in their store, for physical games... As well as digital ones on PSN & Xbox, so....

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

So is a sale for SE coming then on switch? I'll hold off on buying other stuff if it is.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@DarthNocturnal
My sibling have ever grinded Yuna on FF X PS2 into 255 for All stats by filling all the nodes on Sphere Grid so a single Attack from Yuna with her staff dealt 99,999 damage.
By only normal Attack LOL 😆

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@DarthNocturnal

Depends which aspect of RPGs you like the most. If you like story and characters, FFX is the one you want. If you like exploration, looting and world building, FF12 is the better choice.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

Starting up FFX tonight. Im putting Ys VIII on the backburner for now. Excited to try this out for sure. Its been in my possession for nearly 9 months at this point so its long over due.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Hmm, the sphere grid system is the only complex thing, @NintendoByNature.... But really there's not so many things you desperately need, for the main game
Of course, if you want to do the optional aeons & so on, that is rather more difficult I'm sure some of us can help you out as needed, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic