Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,768

BruceCM

If you just mean the usual spheres for unlocking nodes, @Cotillion. ... Use those ASAP, since there's no reason to keep them

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

komodo182

@Cotillion I disliked the sphere grid (kept me away from the game many times), well that and the lack of equipment upgrading. But in the end, its a fun straight forward game with some customization.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Cotillion

@BruceCM That is indeed what I meant. Good to know there won't ever be a shortage since I am using them as fast as I get them.
I assume these lvl1, lvl2, etc blocks will be more uncommon? I've only gotten one lvl1 orb thus far.

Cotillion

BruceCM

Well, it's more a question of being no point keeping the general ones, @Cotillion .... Lvl spheres are rather rare, until you can farm them late-game, though If you really want more detailed advice on what to do with your characters & so on, I'm sure we can help

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM Now i kinda want to play again haha

RR529

@Cotillion, the basic spheres (Strength, Mana, Ability, Speed) are very common and you'll never not have a surplus of them, the key spheres (lvl1, lvl2, lvl3, & lvl4) are more uncommon, especially the latter two. Other spheres (like the ones that transform blank nodes into useful nodes & spheres that can teleport your character across the grid) are the rarest.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

BruceCM

Lols, @komodo182 .... Unfortunately, people tend to only ask when they're stuck & by that time, it's usually too late to say they should have done a, x, f or something BTW, if you were scared by the 'expert' sphere grid, it's arguably easier than the standard one

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I might replay again someday. Can't say I want to do the celestial weapons again (but I liked having them), but the rest of the game was fun.

BruceCM

Well, you certainly can beat the main boss without doing the side-quests, @komodo182 .... I'm thinking of doing a 'speed-run' next time See just how quickly & low levels I can finish it, although there's not exactly short-cuts like some games
Once you know fairly well what you're doing, most of the main game is pretty easy Most difficult stuff is all optional side-quests & so on, so....

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I may just screw around and do more optional bosses. But I am working through Dragon Quest 11 on ps4. Then Fire Emblem arrives. Then greedfall later on. Plus cyberpunk. So no clue when.

BruceCM

Yeah, I've got too many games coming up, too, @komodo182 .... Specially now I'm finally getting an XBox One S, so loads to play on that Still, I reckon that about half the time in a full FFX play-through is the optional side-quests
1st time I played, I had to google the sphere grid, since the in-game tutorial wasn't much use & I learned all about it then

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I also have the itch to play witcher 3 again...this would be the 4th playthrough

BruceCM

Oh, I'll be able to play that on my XB1 sometime, @komodo182 ... Going to play 2 1st, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I couldn't get into 2 or 1. But loved 3.

ryobi85

looking forward to playing ff7 for the switch.it's been 13 years since last played what a game.hope I enjoy even though played 10 times in past 👍

it's smash time people

Dpullam

I really need to delve into Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9. I have never played any of those. I have so many incredibly fond memories of Final fantasy 12 though. So much so, that I am wanting to buy it again.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Dezzy

So have we had any independent confirmation of the claim that FF8 will have voice acting?
If it was only written in one place, it could be a mistake.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

komodo182

@Dpullam I loved 9. One of my favorite games.

Dpullam

@komodo182 I was actually thinking of starting with either that one, or Final Fantasy 12 again! I have heard that 9 has aged very well.

Edited on by Dpullam

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Ralizah

I dropped FFIX recently about 25 hours in. I'm tired of waiting for it to stop spinning its wheels. A game should have some sense of urgency or forward momentum by the time the player switches to the second disc.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic