Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 341 to 360 of 705

Ralizah

@JaxonH I didn't do the first world. I just left after hearing out the king or whatever. I found another one of these little ghosts a ways on in the Gallopolis region, but I can't seem to interact with it, so I'm guessing it's not one of the ones I need.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

I found one with a password somewhere in the desert, and it was red. So I assume that makes them easier to tell apart from the regular decorative guys.

Edit: ironically I ended up binge playing Dragon Quest 1 all day and completed that. It's a quite enjoyable little game! Basically "open world" in it's design, and the world is small enough so it's not too bad going back and forth across the continent as you explore and find clues.

Interestingly, after the final boss you're completely free to roam the now monster-free land and talk to everyone to hear how they much they all love you now, I was fully expecting it to just end.

The automatic quick saves made it fairly easy to beat. In total it took about 7 hours from start to finish- that’s the same amount of time it took me to finish the XI demo!

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

komodo182

@JaxonH Do you know if they will be for sale in NA?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

BruceCM

Just got to Kingsbarrow....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

@komodo182
Think I’ve seen them on Amazon. The figures, I mean. If that’s what you’re referring to.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

komodo182

@JaxonH I meant the physical copies of the games for switch

JaxonH

@komodo182
Oh, no. It's an English Asian physical release only. Available via Play-Asia here

Dragon Quest I-II-III Collection

A great article on the subject
Asia English Localizations

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

the8thark

Why is X even mentioned in the topic title? Apart from the OP's agenda, why? We need to have a topic to talk about XI-S as it's a thing on the Switch now.

the8thark

Eel

It’s just an old speculative thread they have decided to continue using to talk about XI. (And the series in general).

I can update the title if y’all want.

Bloop.

BruceCM

Just got to Hotto.....

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

The horse racing in this game is super fun! This whole game is super fun!

I’m so glad I went all in on the Slime Controller and DQ system and tat... I’m loving this game so much- it’s one that’s already near and dear to my heart. Like Xenoblade Chronicles was. Only... moreso. Which is really saying something, because I love all the Xenoblade Chronicles games.

You know what it really is? I just love me a good JRPG. It’s my favorite genre of game, by far. Which is crazy because in 2013 I had never played a turn based game in my life. Fire Emblem Awakening, which led to Final Fantasy X, changed all that. Now, it’s all I ever want to play. It’s just a shame there’s so few A-tier JRPGs in the market. Even Tales, I would consider B-tier. And I like Tales. But it’s just... never quite “on the level”, I guess. Xenoblade Chronicles, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy... that’s pretty much all that’s left. Though Trials of Mana looks A-tier and then some. I am more excited for that game than the Final Fantasy Remake, though perhaps not quite as much as Xenoblade Chronicles HD. Either way, they all look great.

komodo182

@JaxonH I enjoyed octopath travelers as an rpg.

Dezzy

@StableInvadeel

Yeah you might as well remove DQX from the thread title! That was included originally based on mere speculation. Doesn't look like we're getting it though.

If they do anything else, I bet it'll be a HD port of DQ8, given that they release that on everything!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

Considering the physical release for 1+2+3 is near the top of the best seller list for Play-Asia and Shop4, I think it's fair to assume well get a physical release for 4+5+6 not long afterwards.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

I missed them saying anything about IV, V & VI, @Magician .... Still not too bothered, as I played them on my phone, though Can't get VII on it, so if that's coming, I'll get it & IX, too, please!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Heavyarms55

I'm about 12-13 hours into DQXI at this point and I am having a darn good time. But I am not gonna lie, the silent protagonist really holds the game back for me. It doesn't feel like the Luminary is supposed to be an avatar for the player - you can't even choose male or female - and yet they never speak, aside from "character name explained XYZ to so-and-so" off screen.

Even Byleth in FE3H, who actually IS meant to be an avatar for the player, feels like they have more personality. Yet the Luminary in DQXI just stands there almost as bad as the protagonist in Pokemon S/M... Although at least they don't have him constantly smiling in every scene. But he just goes along with everyone around him without conversation and it feels unnatural.

Complaining aside, I'm enjoyed everything else so far. I love the classic well polished JRPG gameplay and the monster design has grown on me very quickly! The rest of the party that I have met so far seems simple but likable.

The story has been mixed so far, the fake out with the MC's home town was surprising and surprisingly dark! I can't imagine speaking to my mother and her not recognizing me, it would be terrifying! On the other hand, the story with the Prince of that sand kingdom I literally predicted almost perfectly almost immediately upon hearing about the Prince and the horse race...

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@King-X That's just inconsistent.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Dezzy

@Heavyarms55

Yeah I agree. If you're gonna have a silent protagonist, you should have a character customisation. Or just don't have a silent protagonist preferably!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Well, we have a silent protagonist that looks just confused most of the time, vs voiced characters that have the emoting skills of a plank with a face drawn on.

It kinda works... In its own way...

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic