Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest X and XI

Posts 321 to 340 of 343

RR529

Even though I've already played it on PS4 (even post-game), the Switch demo is sucking me right back in.

Even though I shouldn't, I'll probably end up double dipping, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

The demo crashed on me 4 times today, which is starting to get on my nerves (I think I've maybe only had the system crash on me once before the entire time I've had it).

The first time it happened was during a battle in the Kingsburrow (a dungeon), the second time it happened was when I was running around Hotto (a village), and the last two times were when I was trying to upgrade equipment with the forge (really irritating the last time because I had just finished on the last item). Oh, the first time it happened was undocked, but the last three times were all docked.

Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo & not my system (and that they get things running more smoothly in the full release).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

darkfenrir

Weird, I got 0 crashes... it feels like the ones that crashes somehow keep getting them, and the one that didn't crash didn't get them.

Iirc Japan's got a fix for the bug, but not sure if the NA's got it

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

SwitchForce

So does anyone know how high the levels you can go? I hit the level 20 does the full game go higher?

SwitchForce

RR529

@SwitchForce, if you're saying there's a level 20 cap in the demo, then no, you're not limited to that in the full game (last I checked, my party in the PS4 version is in the 90's). I assume the cap is probably level 99 or 100.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

SwitchForce

RR529 wrote:

@SwitchForce, if you're saying there's a level 20 cap in the demo, then no, you're not limited to that in the full game (last I checked, my party in the PS4 version is in the 90's). I assume the cap is probably level 99 or 100.

Good I hope they don't cap the level that would ruin the fun of Grinding.

SwitchForce

Dezzy

I've just got to the Mangelgrove part. How far is that through the demo?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Somewhere between 50 - 75% of the way through the demo, I'd say.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Tasuki

Played a bit more of the demo tonight, this time I tried it on docked mode and it looks just as good on the big screen. Again, I can't compare it to the PS4 version since I never played that version.

I got to met Erik's old partner and am slowing making my way back to my home village. I also learned how to craft which I admit is a bit interesting. I am use to games like WoW or Skyrim where you just have to have the crafting mats hit a button and BAM you're done. It took me a bit to figure out the mini game when it came to crafting but I think I have the idea of it now.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

I noticed that they may have removed the target hunting side activity from the Switch version, for whatever reason.

In the PS4 version there are a few wooden targets hidden around every field area (as an example, there's supposed to be one hanging from the roof of that seaside hut that's near the Kingsburrow), and at a point not too far after the demo ends you obtain a crossbow you can use to shoot them (and draw the attention of far away enemies). You earn items & gear every time you destroy a certain number of targets.

However, I noticed that these targets don't seem to exist in the demo (they're supposed to be a natural part of the environment, and aren't something that only appear once you get the crossbow), so either they removed them from the demo specifically (which would be odd, as they haven't cut anything else from this portion of the game, other than some of the new Switch specific features), or the Switch version entirely.

Either way, the Switch version is adding more than enough to make it the more valuable version (even IF this one feature is missing), but I just thought it was odd.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

SwitchForce

Now the wait begins for September 27, 2019. I tried to cancel a NIN order but can't so I have to wait for that release so I don't spend more they I should.

SwitchForce

King-X

@SwitchForce LV99. Additionally you can farm stat items late-game to further increase stats as high as you like.

As for the demo I've played it extensively. I'll give a brief outline just to give an idea of what you can achieve in the demo:

All 6 recipes obtained, 8 Bunny Tail+3s equipped (agility boost and increase in item drop rate), all best equips at +3, got a Wizard's Staff+3 for Veronica, 2x Robber Gloves+3 (easier steals) for Erik. Erik knows the key skills Dual Wield, Cobra Strike and Victimiser (6x damage build) as well as Half Inch (not related to said build). Characters are at LV 20. Crafted +3 of all recipe items. Also got a couple of Tough Guy Tatoos (strength boost) from the lone Ursa Minor bear on the mountain.

I'm all set up for plentiful loot drops throughout the game. Playtime a bit over 13 hours.

Edited on by King-X

Currently Playing: Valkyria Chronicles 4 / Fire Emblem: Three Houses

darkfenrir

I regret not farming for Bunny Tail Will I be able to farm that later?

darkfenrir

King-X

Yes but it's a long time before you can go back. Depending on how many hours you've invested in the demo you could just start again (for any missed recipes as well). If you're farming Bunny Tails remember to get Flame Slash for Hero and Half Inch for Erik so they can perform Itemized Kill (guaranteed loot). Then you can just get in pep state, go save then simply reload whenever you don't get one.

Bunny Tails stack so I'd say get 3 as soon as you leave Cobblestone, go meet Erik then when you can return to the Bunicorns, do so and get the rest as it'll be easier with 4 (total) equipped. Unfortunately you will not be able to avail yourself of the other 2 characters as they join after the keystone event but once you have a few equipped the process gets easier.

Another good Erik tip is to make a beeline to the Guile skill Agility +30 first! This grants a +10 skill points reward which you keep even after a respec. Once you have it then you can respec and work towards whatever build you want with extra SP.

Edited on by King-X

darkfenrir

Ughhhh, really don't want to redo the demo ;_; Is Spiked Hare really far? Since I saw that one drops Bunny Tail as well

darkfenrir

King-X

The demo ends a little under half way to the Eerie Eyrie where you farm those.

darkfenrir

Hmmm if half way maybe I can just wait until that part...

darkfenrir

SwitchForce

King-X wrote:

@SwitchForce LV99. Additionally you can farm stat items late-game to further increase stats as high as you like.

As for the demo I've played it extensively. I'll give a brief outline just to give an idea of what you can achieve in the demo:

All 6 recipes obtained, 8 Bunny Tail+3s equipped (agility boost and increase in item drop rate), all best equips at +3, got a Wizard's Staff+3 for Veronica, 2x Robber Gloves+3 (easier steals) for Erik. Erik knows the key skills Dual Wield, Cobra Strike and Victimiser (6x damage build) as well as Half Inch (not related to said build). Characters are at LV 20. Crafted +3 of all recipe items. Also got a couple of Thief Tatoos (strength boost) from the lone Ursa Minor bear on the mountain.

I'm all set up for plentiful loot drops throughout the game. Playtime a bit over 13 hours.

Hmm.. have to try that out to get those Lucky Rabbits foots (gloves). Bunny tails how does one get that? I haven't seen that one that I recall on the Demo? And those others am I use Erik to steal those?

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

King-X

Bunny Tails are a rare drop from Bunicorns in the first area outside Cobblestone. You should get 8. These will make it easier to get the next items:

Robber Gloves can be farmed from Robber Rabbits in the last area of the demo. You should get 2 for Erik. There’s a pair in a Cryptic Crypt chest.

Wizard Staff can be farmed from Lump Mages in the same area. It's a superior staff for Veronica. You only need get 1.

You'll be able to improve item drop rates further later in the game by equipping 3 girls with Uniforme de l'Académie outfits and the Hero with a Vest for Success, preferably all upgraded to +3.

Edited on by King-X

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp at 25 hours into the demo (I am just farming money) I’ll have to wait on the bunny tails. I am still trying to get a tough guy tattoo though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic