Forums

Topic: Dragon Quest XI + I, II, III & Beyond

Posts 321 to 340 of 705

JaxonH

@Quarth
I love DQ. My 3DS is decked out with the Terry's Wonderland theme and fan translated copy of the game.

Also have the slime controller coming.

@Ralizah
Oh I know, right? That woulda been killer. Maybe they'll release a Monster Hunter themed Lite when the inevitable new MH Switch releases.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Yeah, I'd probably have got that, if they had & assuming it looked good, @Ralizah .... But my Turquoise Lite looks great playing it, so that's cool

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@JaxonH I'm going to be very tempted if there's a Zelda-themed Lite that releases alongside BotW2.

Actually, why wasn't there a SE Lite launching alongside Link's Awakening? Missed opportunity, I think.

@BruceCM The Turquoise one is very pretty. If I wasn't so stuck on the Pokemon-themed Lite, I'd have gone for that instead.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Quarth

@JaxonH That's cool! DQXI is my first DQ experience, I have played 5 hours, loving it so far! Also have ordered DQVIII to 3DS.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I think a lot of us were wondering why they didn’t release a Zelda Lite. But upon reflection, I think it’s because there were already 3 different colors releasing, and they didn’t want to overdo it. Pokémon releases in a few months so it spaces out the stock for retailers. Otherwise they might be a little hesitant stocking four separate new hardware SKUs all on the same day. That’s the only explanation I can come up with.

I love the colors of the Lite, but I went with grey because A I didn’t want to wait for the Pokémon one to release, and B I plan to take the Lite with me and play in public, and at work, as I’ve done with OG Switch many times in the past. But I feel like the neutral colors of the grey Lite look more classy and less playful. If someone walks in at work and sees me in my office holding a turquoise or yellow system it’s going to be pretty obvious I’m playing games. If someone walks in and sees me holding a grey system it might not be quite as obvious that I’m not just holding a tablet or some other device. Not that I play when work needs to be done, and I’m completely justified doing it, but it’s still presenting an image to people who don’t have all the information and I’d just rather mitigate that as much as possible. But not only that, I think it looks more classy if I’m sitting at the car dealership getting an oil change and my tires rotated, as opposed to having a canary yellow or bright turquoise system in the waiting lounge with 10 other people.

If I only ever played in my room, I’d probably have gone for the turquoise. With that said, they grey looks really good. Not like the dull grey of OG Switch joycon. This grey matches well with the white sticks and buttons. That white trim really sets it off. Like Dude’s rug, it really ties the room together 😉

@Quarth
Feels good seeing so many people finally get into DQ, and to see this game is going to outperform all other versions (at least in the west, since Japan won’t see 1m sold in its first week like the original releases, though it’s possible if it does well enough in the west it could actually still overtake globally).

I highly recommend playing Ori and the Blind Forest as well. That game is so freaking good I swear, and I know I’ve said this about so many games before, but it is absolutely one of my favorite games of all time. It’s utter perfection and more addictive than crack.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Maybe a Zelda Lite to go with BotW 2, @JaxonH .... I'm quite happy showing off my Turquoise Lite but then everyone already knows about my gaming, anyway
A lot of people, who hadn't played the series before already got into DQXI on PS4! Glad there's still plenty to get it on Switch, too & probably a fair number new to the series

Edited on by BruceCM

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Heal All versus Handy Heal All
So I just learned that Handy Heal All doesn't force full HP. If a character ends up at, say, 75 out of 80 HP, it decides that’s "close enough" and doesn't waste MP on a full top up. It may also use items and spread MP around to minimize MP impact [unconfirmed]. The normal Heal All does a full top up using only MP.

@BruceCM
Ya, I think some certainly got into it, but I do believe most people who bought on PS4 were those already into the series, or people who buy JRPGs. But the Switch version had the distinct advantage of Smash Bros promoting it, which has led to a great number of people who never played DQ (or JRPGs, for that matter), jumping in. The 5-10 hr demo also contributed in tandem with the attention brought my Smash.

I would be ALL OVER a Zelda BotW2 Switch Lite. Though truth be told, they’ll likely just make a special edition v2 Switch instead, similar to the DQXIS Switch. I’d rather it be a Lite though... maybe. Either would be nice.

This game really does look great on Switch. Comes very close to other console/PC versions. I love that.

Edited on by JaxonH

Eel

I really liked the demo so I bought XI to continue the story. Too bad 2D mode isn’t more seamless, but I guess I can just replay the game with my over leveled end game characters once I’m done with 3D mode.

I also wanted to get one of the three classic games too, but found they’re considerably cheaper on the App Store, so I got DQ (the first one) on my iPad, since I figured it being the simplest game of the bunch would make it a perfect fit for a tablet, and to play it as a companion to XI instead of competing for switch-time with it.

I’m quite enjoying it as well, and it’s nice recognizing the one town I visited in XI. May get the other ones later, probably on the switch if they go on sale some day.

It all really makes me want to go and start a new file in IX on the DS.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

Dunno about the number of people on PS4 overall who hadn't played series before, @JaxonH .... But there were quite a few in my other main forum, at least.
Not to say there aren't plenty more such getting it on Switch, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

komodo182

@BruceCM I have never played a dragon quest game before. I have it for ps4 right now and am enjoying it. Currently in the post game area. May pick up the other ones released on switch. Would rather a physical release of them, but we will see.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Quarth

I love the town where everyone talks in haiku.

Edited on by Quarth

JaxonH

Quarth

One thing I'm really fascinated with in this game is the monster design. It's impressively varied and sometimes extremely bizarre and funny.

Quarth

How come there are a lot of cats and dogs in the games I've played lately? 😅 Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening and now Dragon Quest XI... At the moment I'm visiting a palace full of cats.

Oh and Super Mario Maker 2 has the Undodog!

Tasuki

I am still plugging away at the demo since I have to wait till payday to get it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

JaxonH

I want a DQXIS 1/7 scale statue now. Surprised one doesn’t exist. Just the little jointed Play Arts figures like Figmas. Which... are way too expensive for what they are. And I hate joints. Amiibo or PVC statues only please, in all their sculpted glory... and they’re stationary.

Thinking of getting some custom DQ joycon with a D-pad that are designed to imitate the ones that came with the special edition Switch. Would be nice to have a pair that look identical, but the only difference is a D-pad. I wonder how much that would cost.

@Tasuki
Given how meaty the demo is, that doesn’t seem like it’ll be a problem. I didn’t even finish the demo before the game released, and I put at least 5 hrs into it.

RR529

@JaxonH, wow your right. Just zipped by Amazon Japan and you can get figures of some of the more iconic monsters (and bosses from the older games), but the only things they have of player characters (particularly the DQXI heroes) are the articulated action figures. Honestly suprising.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

So. I just made it to Tickington. Is this optional? As in, can I come back to this whenever I want or do I need to do the first World now? And assuming you can, how do I get back whenever I want? And are the other 9 tockles hidden throughout the world? Cause there’s no guides for this version of the game yet to show where to find them.

I want to unlock all 10 worlds

@RR529
IKR. Even Mythra, Pyra and now KOS-MOS from Xenoblade 2 got 1/7 scale figures. And even the main character from Atelier Ryza just got one. Yet no DQ? What gives.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic