Forums

Topic: Doom Eternal

Posts 141 to 148 of 148

Zuljaras

I am definitely getting this! I mean, it is a must have for any DooM collector! No DLC is sad but the main game is there! It is expensive, but ALL things aimed at collectors are expensive.

Finally we will have ALL DooM games on the Switch in physical form

kkslider5552000

Yeah, I loved Doom 2016 on Switch, I loved having it on a cartridge, and it'd just feel weird if I couldn't do the same with Eternal.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I'm really tempted by the 3rd most expensive option (not the $175 box but the $115 box). The box art looks so good. Ya know what, I think I will.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MarioBrickLayer

@JaxonH do you mean the steelbook with the slip cover? I think the artwork looks great on that option.

MarioBrickLayer

JaxonH

@MarioBrickLayer
No, the steelbook is like $70 or so. The 3rd option for $115 is a huge collector box that also includes the steelbook. Then there's a $175 version that includes the $115 collector edition inside of it.

But the steelbook looks great.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

Anyone playing this, is it as good as other doom releases like doom, doom 3 or doom N64.

Ninfan

Ganner

@Ninfan I really enjoyed Doom Eternal and 2016 however I have to say they're in a completely different league of a game compared to original Doom, 3, and especially Doom 64. I would say 2016/Eternal are as good if not better than those older games however again to me it's big case of comparing apples to oranges. It will all depend on what style of game that fancy's you most. I personally really enjoyed original Doom and Doom 64 (never played 3) on an individual basis. Not in a this or that is better way. With having said that I'd say check out some YouTube reviews to get an idea of what you have coming and dive right into Hell. I loved Doom 2016 so much I didn't think Eternal would be able to top it. Eternal didn't blow up my skirt right away like 2016 did. But once I turned down the difficulty some and learned all the new mechanics (they tweaked and added a good amount more) Eternal eventually "clicked" and I was off to the races. Didn't want it to end!

This fire is burning and it's out of control. It's not a problem you can stop it's Rock and Roll!!!

SwitchForce

I got all Doom series physical back when Gamestop had preorder physical then cancelled. I preorderd from LRG and got the Doom Eternal. But haven't tried the games as I played Doom from pc days.

SwitchForce

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic