Forums

Topic: Disgaea 5 Complete

Posts 141 to 153 of 153

Hallonblad

So I recently got Disgaea 5 and am almost at 20 hours, and I swear the game is forcing me to get smarter. XD It's much more tactical/strategic than I am used to. Anyone who likes anime should like this as well, everything happening is completely over the top, and the dlc I've played through so far is absolutely adorable. I love how the hub world is slowly getting busier with more and more characters as well.

But the reason I came here was to see if anyone knows what to do with the scrolls you sometimes get in quests etc? I have collected quite a few, but I'm not sure what to dow with them. (though I feel I don't know how to best/most effectively use pretty much anything yet XD )

Also, could someone please explain how I do with innocents? I realise what to use them for, but I am supposed to be able to merge them together (or whatever the term used is) but I can't seem to figure out how?

Thank you~

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Hallonblad

@antster1983 Thank you. This guide will be very helpful going forward, it seems. I'll try not to read too much and risk spoiling myself.

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

Xyphon22

This may be impossible to answer, but I'm wondering if people think I will like this game based on my past likes. This is one I am interested in, and I see it is going to be $20 on Black Friday at Best Buy. Unfortunately, I don't actually have a Switch yet (I plan to get one soon, hopefully before the end of the year), so I can't try out the demo. I generally have not liked SRPGs that much, but most of my experience has been with Fire Emblem. I have not cared for any of the FE games I have tried. However, I do really like Stella Glow. Which of those games is this one more similar to? Thanks for any advice.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

DiscoGentleman

@Xyphon22 it's similar to Stella Glow in a lot of ways, but it has so many options and so much customization that it can be overwhelming. However, what helped me get over the overwhelming feeling is that you don't have to minmax and overthink everything. Same premise I used for Pokémon games these days.

For $20, I say def take a chance on it.
Worst case scenario, you don't like it and you trade it in and get $10ish back, so you're out only $10.

Dance | with | the | Disco.
Nintendo Switch Friend Code:
SW-6154-3556-8607

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3638-7349 | Nintendo Network ID: DiscoGentleman

Xyphon22

It's definitely a good deal so I won't be out much money. The other problem is how many other games I will have to get, notably Zelda. Will I actually have time for this and Zelda (and Mario and whatever else I get)? Probably not. Decisions, decisions.

Xyphon22

jump

You haven't got a Switch then don't buy Switch games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Xyphon22

@jump Normally I wouldn't. I haven't bought any yet. But $20 for a $60 game when I hope to get the system within a couple of weeks may be too good to pass up. Of all the games that are going to be on sale on Black Friday, this is the only one that I am thinking about getting.

Xyphon22

SKTTR

@Xyphon22 I paid 60 for Disgaea 5 Complete and thought it was worth it because of the massive content, endless replayability, deep strategy, and funny characters/story.
I would jump on it for 20!

It didn't totally hook me because I'm not so keen on turnbased games it seems (haven't beaten Mario+Rabbids either), but it's a great game to fall back to (especially on handheld) to beat another stage or to grind a bit.

I hope I get some more time with it after DOOM, L.A. Noire, Skyrim, Xenoblade 2 and the BotW DLC.

Other than that, you maybe should know that I love Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (didn't care for any other FE game) and I don't think Disgaea 5 Complete comes close to these two.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Xyphon22

@SKTTR Great, thanks for the reply. I know I've played Sacred Stones and the demo for Awakenings at least and didn't care for either of them. I do like turn-based games generally, so it sounds like there is at least a pretty good chance I will get at least $20 worth of enjoyment out of it. Especially if it works as a decent pick-up-and-play game when I want a break from BotW.

Xyphon22

SKTTR

@Xyphon22 The Sacred Stones didn't do much for me. And Awakening was even worse. I guess I was spoiled by playing the best two Fire Emblem games ever made. If it helps, I think Disgaea 5 Complete is much better than TSS and Awakening.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Xyphon22

Alright, I think I'll go ahead and take the plunge on this game (assuming I can find a copy of it, of course). And maybe if I get a Switch soon enough I will even have time to play the demo and just return it if I don't care for it.

Xyphon22

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic