Forums

Topic: Disgaea 5 Complete

Posts 121 to 140 of 161

SKTTR

Thanks, @FGPackers

I still don't get my head around #2,
but for #1 and #3 I made some great improvements (and used up all my mana).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FGPackers

@SKTTR but be careful with enhancing skills. You can make your characters using skills only 2-3 times per combat due to high SP cost.

About class mastery open the status page of characters and go check on the class list page with a lot of stars. It's that one, to increase it you just have to use that character in combat after setting the subclass in the assembly, but do it only for main characters (overlords, not recruited ones). I know that it can seem a little bit difficult, i had difficulties too, but once you get it it's really easy. If i'm not clear enough try search on the internet because setting subclasses for main characters is an important mechanic for post-game

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

SKTTR

@FGPackers.

Thank you, I don't know how I missed the 'Set a Sub Class' in the STRATEGY ASSEMBLY and the Character Status option the whole time.

So you can level up (get stars) in different subclasses? Is it possible to get every star in every subclass? Do you get more Special attacks with it?

And why not changing the subclass of recruits (or Prinnies for that matter)?

I'm 24 hours in, chapter 6.
I think I'm missing quite a bit but I'm totally enjoying the experience so far. I have Loads of Secret Scrolls, most from quests. I don't know how rare those items are and I don't want to accidentally waste them. How do they work, what's the most effective way of using/learning them?

Edited on by SKTTR

FGPackers

@SKTTR "So you can level up (get stars) in different subclasses?" -> Yes, but i suggest to do it only for overlords because with hired characters they would get EXP and Skills (if i remember correctly) only for the subclass. That means they will not get anything, anymore, for their main class, making them a no value character (this is the answer for "And why not changing the subclass of recruits?")

"Is it possible to get every star in every subclass?" -> Yes, and by doing that you can get on main characters evilities for subclasses too, making them really strong and powerful (and there is even a combo for easy EXPing in the post game thanks to this, i discovered it just 2 days ago while searching on internet. I don't want to spoiler it to you yet)

"Do you get more Special attacks with it?" -> Honestly i don't know yet, but i don't think so. This move is needed "only" to get mastery for quests so you can unlock more classes and for evilities.

"How do they work, what's the most effective way of using/learning them?" -> With this i think you mean evilities. To say it shortly they're passive bonuses, as the game "help" section says you better watch for EVERY character (enemies too) evilities before starting a battle. You can use them in 2 ways: make characters learn them (though scrolls or at the Skills Shop) and actually use them, or if they're not rare/powerful make characters learn them and convert them into mana at the Skills Shop. I think that is a strictly personal thing, based on how you (want to) play and how you (want to) build up characters. I don't think i can advice on how to use them, it's one of the strictly personal things on characters development.

"I think I'm missing quite a bit but I'm totally enjoying the experience so far" -> I had this feeling too previously, but trust me: while you play it more and more this goes away a little bit at a time. We are both over 20 hours and this is easily a 200-300+ hours game. So don't worry about it. By the way i am now at episode 5. Loving the story, especially the little plot twists you get when "someone" appears: the other Killia?. I want to discover MORE!!! This game is surprising me more and more everytime i play it. And funny thing is that i approached it with so much doubts, wondering if i would ever like it, and i have to say i want to play more and more everytime i play it LOL

FGPackers

SKTTR

Ok, played another 10 hours or so... and I think I can ask a few more questions...

1. I could use a guide for the interrogation room. Whatever I choose, the prisoner always just loses 1 or 2 SP. What character should I use for the Interrogation Squad, and how does he get better?
What prisoners are best to interrogate and what are best to just release?
And other than solving a couple of quests what is releasing prisoners for? Where can I see the released ones?

2. I still haven't used any scrolls. I'm thinking about saving and just trying them out to see what they do. Any tips on how to use scrolls?

3. Today I found a labyrinth full of chests in the Item World. Unfortunately I fell down and wasn't able to get a single treasure. Anyway, what's the use of leveling up that weird key/gate item other than opening up chapter 4 (or was it 5)? It gets extremely strong, and I can equip it as an upgrade for all main stats.

Now in chapter 6, Demon Fang world, the game gets really tough. My Research Squads are higher leveled than my actual main story squad. It's more effective to let them train for themselves on researches, than actually playing them, it seems.

I spent hours on managing Innocents, those "creatures" "living" inside items, and more hours grinding in the Item World. But it doesn't have much use as characters don't seem to level up through fighting in that world. It's good for the Research Squad to fill up ther 100% faster, but other than getting items and leveling up one particular item, I don't see much benefit here. However, the endless randomly generated battle stages in the Item World are really fun to play.

Edited on by SKTTR

FGPackers

@SKTTR 1. Near the different interrogation actions there's the stats you're going to "attack". Go see in prisoner list which one is better to (the lower ones obviously). I don't know if there's a better character to use for that squad but i would suggest to use interrogations to remove all SP to prisoners and power up interrogation team at the squads NPC. You need that bonuses ASAP. For prisoners i think there are just 2 good use for them: squads power up and shards (or is it essence?) farming

2. As i said days ago use them to make characters use new evilities, or use them to convert evilities into mana at the Skills Shop

3. Leveling up items is only to make them stronger. And item world as only 2 main uses: leveling up items and stacking innocents to merge them and create better ones (you can do it only with yellow innocents, obtainable only in item world)

FGPackers

LinksMightySword

I just got my copy last night and started today .. just got to the start of chapter 2 and absolutely loving it .. I know the difficulty will ramp up and I can't wait. Curious as to when the item world opens up ? That was my favorite part of Disagea 3 .. playing for hours in an item to strengthen it . Hope it is somewhat the same here in 5

Nintendo network Id : InRexwetrust
Switch / Nintendo Acct : HolyYoshi!
Switch friend code: SW-4296-5017-1714

greengecko007

@SKTTR @FGPackers Just figured I'd drop a few cents about class mastery and subclasses...

For every character class that you can recruit in Disgaea 5, there are 6 tiers of that class that are just improvements. As you defeat enemies with your characters, they level up their class mastery. Once any of your characters unlocks the next tier of a class, they are automatically promoted to that tier, and you can now create new characters with the ability to start at that tier of the class. Unlocking these new tiers is nice, because again, they're just straight up stat and aptitude improvements for the characters you can make or have.

A subclass is simply the class that your unit will actually level up their class mastery with. So if for example you had a gunner, but you set his subclass to archer, you would actually be leveling up his class mastery for archer instead. Why would you want to do this? The most obvious benefit is that it saves you the trouble of actually making an archer class character if you don't really want to use one. Additionally, like you all have already noticed, the main cast of characters do not have the same classes as the generic characters you can create. So if you want to be really efficient with your time, it's a great idea to go to the assembly and assign each of your main characters a subclass, because remember, furthering your class mastery allows you access to the higher tiers of those classes.

One last thing detail is that most magic using characters do have the next tier spells locked behind class mastery.

greengecko007

LinksMightySword

@FGPackers

Thanks ! Should get to that point tomorrow most likely .

JasmineDragon

Can anybody think of a reason why Logan can't hit anything? I played the last battle in Chapter 3 last night, and Logan was completely unable to do any damage, even with Specials. I know the Wrestler class is better at throwing than straight fighting, but NO damage?!?

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

LinksMightySword

@JasmineDragon

Was it multiple enemies or just one type? It could be resistance related for that particular enemy type , or possibly the enemy was standing on a Colored tile with invincibility?

Past those 2 possibilities I would be at a loss . It happened to me in the item world and it was colored tiles with invincibility.

Edited on by LinksMightySword

JasmineDragon

@LinksMightySword Normal terrain in Poisondise, and I tried two different enemy types! All I can think of is that he's too weak to damage them or that there was some kind of magical effect on him, but I didn't see anything and they were just garden-variety minions. The fight was over before I could really experiment. I'll have to investigate it before I use him again.,

ThatNyteDaez

Anyone else notice the update that just got sent out? It installed in seconds, but I have no idea of what it does to the game.

Never take anything I say seriously. S'all you buddy. ;)
Mainly play on my Switch but I have 3DS, Wii U and PS4 as well.
Fave game series include: Pokemon, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Disgaea, Bayonetta, Dragons Dogma, Phantasy Star & Arena of Valor.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1089-6841-7799 | 3DS Friend Code: 5455-9887-9271 | My Nintendo: ThatNyteDaez | Nintendo Network ID: Rhydas | Twitter:

JasmineDragon

@ThatNyteDaez I haven't played in a while - been too busy to play much lately, and I got sucked back into Breath of the Wild - but I'll try to check it out this weekend. I imagine it's probably just fixing some Switch-specific bugs, not adding anything new, since D5 has been out for a long time on the Playstation.

SKTTR

The game had a rare freeze problem when going from long periods of play and standby back into the game.
Thankfully D5C has quicksave and autosave, so if you always saved before going on standby, you couldn't lose progress.

Maybe the updated fixed this problem?

NinROCK3T

I did a speedrun of the demo & finished it in 24 minutes!

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

Hallonblad

So I recently got Disgaea 5 and am almost at 20 hours, and I swear the game is forcing me to get smarter. XD It's much more tactical/strategic than I am used to. Anyone who likes anime should like this as well, everything happening is completely over the top, and the dlc I've played through so far is absolutely adorable. I love how the hub world is slowly getting busier with more and more characters as well.

But the reason I came here was to see if anyone knows what to do with the scrolls you sometimes get in quests etc? I have collected quite a few, but I'm not sure what to dow with them. (though I feel I don't know how to best/most effectively use pretty much anything yet XD )

Also, could someone please explain how I do with innocents? I realise what to use them for, but I am supposed to be able to merge them together (or whatever the term used is) but I can't seem to figure out how?

Thank you~

Switch friend code: SW-1684-7611-8315
Backlog: https://backloggery.com/Hallon
#supercasualgamer

JaxonH

The NIS Online Store exclusive Collectors Edition has somehow resurfaced in stock.

https://store.nisamerica.com/games/limited-editions/disgaea-5...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.