Forums

Topic: Countdown to Christmas 2023

Posts 1 to 13 of 13

Atomic77

Hello Switch gamers with Halloween now gone and Thanksgiving approaching it’s time to start thinking about Christmas once again. Anyone have any games they are looking forward to or wanting this holiday season? I know a couple of big ones for me are Super Mario Wonder and Switch Sports.

Atomic77
Nintendo Switch OLED Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Edition Gamer

WoomyNNYes

@Atomic77 Hogwarts Legacy (if reviews reveal that it's performace is acceptable)

The Batman Arkham trilogy comes December 1. I think I'm interested in that? Never played them.

I've been hoping to catch some games on sale:
Switch Sports (has never been on sale. I'm not sure I'll get much use out of it. It's just for when family visits)
Mario Wonder

I'd also like to catch Spaltoon 2 physcial for dirt cheap. I own it digitally, but still want a physical copy, but I don't want to pay over 20$ If I never see that price, I'll never buy it. I don't want it that bad.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Sunsy

The only Switch games I'm hoping to get for Christmas are Sonic Superstars and Trolls Remix Rescue. Also, as usual, I'll probably keep an eye on Steam and GOG winter sales to get myself a PC game or two.

The resident Trolls superfan! Saw Trolls Band Together via early access and absolutely loved it!

skywake

Not for Switch but I've been looking at picking up a Logitech racing wheel so I can dive a bit deeper into racing sims. Dirt Rally 2 & Project Cars 2, maybe I pick up something else on Steam over the break along those lines. Although my backlog of stuff is... big enough.....

I have two weeks of required leave so I'm definitely going to burn some of that time somewhere. My Switch backlog is fairly small so not much to look at there. Luigi's Mansion 3, Metroid Prime Remastered and the story modes for Splatoon 2. My Steam backlog on the other hand, much bigger. Maybe dive into the Halo Anniversary Edition a bit? Either way, I'm not in a hurry to buy more games

Though I think the main thing about Christmas is that inevitably there's a bunch of family over. So after lunch there's space to wind down a bit. And often opportunities for similar casual family/friend gaming sessions around the place. The year the Wii launched it was Wii Sports, when the Wii U launched I dragged it out for some Nintendo Land. Some years it's flying drones around or card games, some years it's some random indie game

So a bit of a journey here. Because Nintendo only does 5.1 PCM for surround you need either eARC or a surround setup that has HDMI passthrough of some kind to get surround. Not ARC, not optical or Coax. Specifically eARC or HDMI passthrough. I've had surround sound gaming for a while now but until the start of this year when I got myself a new TV that had eARC (also an OLED panel, which is nice) I'd never had surround sound on Nintendo games. But now I do.....

So I don't care what anyone wants, we're doing Mario Kart 8 in surround sound this year. Because it's going to blow people's minds

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
An opinion is only respectable if it can be defended. Respect people, not opinions

Meehanuk_1987

Probably pikmin 4 for me.

Meehanuk_1987

JONOFTHEJONS

I’m getting the Lego Corner Garage modular building from my parents, the Lego UCS X-Wing from my brother, and Super Mario Wonder for my Switch OLED after it comes back from repair.

You only need to know about my many obsessions, which consist of Lego, Fortnite, Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox games, drawing on my Tablet, Dragon Ball Z, My Hero Academia, Thomas The Tank Engine, Star Wars, and Ninjago.

Nintoz

Pikmin 4 myself! Although I need to try the demo for Sonic Frontiers, because it looks interesting but I'm still on the fence about it

Nintoz

Magician

I still have yet to place my next import order from P-A; trying to sync delivery with when I have time off from work in December. Beyond that, PS5 Slim Digital is at the top of my to-buy list. But we'll see what supply-vs.-scalpers will allow this holiday. Probably will have to order from Sony directly or something.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

The 4 upcoming 2023 games I'm buying are Super Mario RPG, Persona 5 Tactica, Batman Arkham Trilogy and Dragon Quest Monsters The Dark Prince though I'm on the lookout for other stuff as well. The Game Awards is next month and there's also the potential of other events happening like an Indie World.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

D20Nat20

I want Laberynth and old school if theres a good sale as well as 3d all stars

D20Nat20

ZeldaFan83

Got enough already. What I like to do is find a game I haven’t played and play through it during Christmas break. One of my traditions.

Last year, it was resident evil village. Not sure this year.

ZeldaFan83

dmcc0

I've recently had the urge to buy myself a PS5 for Christmas, but I think my other half would have an aneurysm if I buy "another console that I don't need". I mean, I don't really 'need' any of them but that's not the point!

Some cracking deals for the original version too at the moment, but will probably wait for some deals on the 'slim' next year before pulling the trigger/dealing with the marital fallout😂

dmcc0

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic