Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,369

meleebrawler

@Nintendoer Well, it's a safer pick, not necessarily better. It's up to you to decide if the risk of getting stunned by a glancing blow is worth the potential shock rewards.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

ThomGee

@meleebrawler Yeah, I think the risk is worth the reward. The risk of it blowing up is also downplayed if you play the weapon long-ranged.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

meleebrawler

This game seems to take a bit of inspiration from Street Fighter, both in how getting a KO with a flurry turns the scenery all yellow and colourful, and the structure of Grand Prix; fighting a series of opponents on their home stages, with two "bonus" rounds, and a secret final boss that appears under certain conditions.

And on that note, I'm still enjoying playing through it with all the characters, thanks to Biff's running commentary. You never know if he's going to drop gameplay or lore tidbits (such as the snakeboards being made by a company that also make ARMs, and there are plenty manufacturing them).

TuVictus

I've started rank play and the very calculated and measured movements of the AI have done a wonderful job training me for play against humans. Where the AI always reacts in certain ways, it's hard to throw them off. Meanwhile humans begin panicking if you get them low enough, making them more vulnerable and prone to error. The AI sticks to its guns the whole time, often times feeling like they know what move I'll make before I make it. So it's been fun seeing the differences in ranked play.

TuVictus

Lethal

I have been going back and forth as to whether or not I should pick this up. I love fighting games but I am afraid the controls might be to gimmicky for me.

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

SuperWeird

@Lethal I thought so too, at first. Not a fan of motion controls, and I questioned whether or not the game would be too gimicky to take seriously as a fighting game. I'm still not down with the motion controls, but I use the Pro controller and it works perfectly. I'm a big fan of fighting games (EA UFC 2, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, KoFIV, etc), and I'm happy to report ARMS is the real deal. One of the best and most unique fighting games I've ever played. If you love fighting games, you'll love ARMS.

SuperWeird

Ryu_Niiyama

@DiscoGentleman Pray. Perhaps Miyamoto will bless you.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Spoony_Tech

@DiscoGentleman My son and I are having enough problems with the 2 of us on level 4 lol. Can't even imagine going one on one with it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@DiscoGentleman Nice! I can't get the hang of the ramram (MinMin is also my main) still.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

meleebrawler

Hedlok doesn't really require a different strategy compared to other AIs. He'll fall for the same tricks you use on anybody else, like being tricked into jumping by a ramram and falling onto dragon breath. You just need to be more keen on defence than usual, and pay close attention to the availability of his arms. His flurry is actually pretty lousy, being easy to dodge and leaving him open for a grab. Follow it up with your own flurry if he tries to jump-attack you and you should stay one step ahead of him. But bear in mind that he (and regular Max Brass, for that matter) will get more aggressive once his low-health boost kicks in.

iKhan

I don't know what I'm missing, but it seems like my grabs just bounce right off Max and Hedlok when they are at low health. I don't see a punch thrown to break it, and I don't know what I'm missing.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Lethal

SuperWeird wrote:

@Lethal I thought so too, at first. Not a fan of motion controls, and I questioned whether or not the game would be too gimicky to take seriously as a fighting game. I'm still not down with the motion controls, but I use the Pro controller and it works perfectly. I'm a big fan of fighting games (EA UFC 2, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, KoFIV, etc), and I'm happy to report ARMS is the real deal. One of the best and most unique fighting games I've ever played. If you love fighting games, you'll love ARMS.

I had no idea you could use the pro controller. I will pick this up then. Thanks!

ThomGee

@iKhan It might be them using their blue ring that shields them. If it isn't then I have no idea.

ThomGee

ThomGee

Yesterday, I noticed I kept losing as Kid Cobra. I thought my strategy was getting stale, so I tried some other characters. Most of them were okay, but not enjoyable. I did, however, really like using Mechanica. I played a whole Level 5 Grand Prix with her, and I really liked how she plays. At this point, I could probably main both Kid Cobra and Mechanica, KC as an offensive, speedy main and Mechanica as a defensive, slow main.

ThomGee

Lethal

Does this have split screen?

TuVictus

Yeah it does! Up to four players I think?

TuVictus

Jhena

When Hedlock appeared it reminded me that ubisoft is making nintendo games.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

MyNameIsRandy

@Lethal
I only play with the pro controller or in handheld mode and it works great

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic