Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,369

Lethal

Operative2-0 wrote:

Yeah it does! Up to four players I think?

MyNameIsRandy wrote:

@Lethal
I only play with the pro controller or in handheld mode and it works great

Well I am definitely buying the game tomorrow now.

Edited on by Lethal

Switch Friend Code - SW-1147-4867-6886

JoeDiddley

Boy people are getting good online now. During the test punches I generally won most rounds, but I just lost 5 in a row. I hope most of the experts play ranked matches, leaving the party mode fun as ... just that.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

meleebrawler

The cynic in me would argue that is at least partially due to there being no arcade version of the game to dissuade sales... but at the same time it continues to speak of the Switch's appeal.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

burger_king

i hope they add stats when they release a patch for this, a bit shocked they dont have this already especially as it was made by the mario kart team and that had stats.

BurgerRob is the name ^_^

NEStalgia

Still bugging me....ninjara seems entirely unable to guard during a flurry special.... he vanishes the first hit and gets pummeled the remainder of the flurry..... any way to escape that?

Also, my opponents seem to often dash away while getting hit by my flurry, yet when I'm getting flurried my controls seem entirely locked out until it's over......i had to have had my shield up before the flurry started or just wait to be pummeled.

An i missing something?

NEStalgia

meleebrawler

@NEStalgia Use Ninjara's foot speed to dodge the flurries instead. He's better at it than most. Try to only guard against non-rapid flurries (rapid including fist and chakram types) and when you do, point your movement to where the strikes are not coming from.

There is a brief pause in the action whenever a flurry is activated, during which neither opponent has any control. It's a common thing in most fighting games, designed to give defending players more time to react, assuming they haven't left themselves open. If your opponent is escaping your flurries, that either means your strikes (again, most likely a single-shot type) are not connecting properly, or there is significant lag. It also takes a certain amount of time for a character to return to a neutral position after flinching, which leaves them open to further attacks if they come quick enough.

ThomGee

Yeah, that's a legitimate reason. If it's not your kind of game, it was a good decision to sell it. @Reverandjames

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

meleebrawler

@Nintendoer That'd be true if he said he didn't enjoy playing the game at all, but what he actually said was that the game is too light on content... which would make his decision to sell it right away rather silly, considering more is coming. For free.

NEStalgia

@Reverandjames well, its a fighting game.... lean content is kind of the genre... too many characters and it becomes REALLY painful to learn the meta. though other characters, modes, and maps are confirmed for slow drip delivery.

@meleebrawler hmm, thanks. I want to love ninjara, yet that keeps getting in the way. Problem with side stepping is that never seems fast enough, and often i end up against a wall or scenery. Then get hit.

Lag, may be an answer from another..... saw a lot of matches today with my punches going right through people, and/or getting hit from nowhere.....or activating my special flurry while they had both arms going out, yet they were magically shielding when i hit. And a lot of people disconnecting mid-match.......... frustrating in ranked a the seem to dc just as I'm about to win but i had a lot of party mode matches where one person dcs. Annoying in team matches.

The punches that go through though, arms a lot like since flurries that start, i land a few hours, then suddenly don't, and they dash away.....

NEStalgia

MyNameIsRandy

The first update is out.

Switch SW-3961-9294-9210

kkslider5552000

AlternateButtons wrote:

Hedlok is the cheapest end game boss I've ever encountered in a video game. He literally cheats.

So he's a fighting game final boss? : p

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

meleebrawler

@AlternateButtons Well, the ARMs league has pretty loose rules to begin with. Mechanica + Byte & Barq anyone?

It's hard to call Hedlok "cheating". Yes, he is blatantly overpowered and would easily dominate if he was playable, but everything he does still abides by the rules of the game. In fact, he actually seems unable to block (though is compensated for by several flying arms).

@kkslider5552000 SNK boss, to be precise.

Grumblevolcano

I found Grand Prix level 4 not too difficult as Ninjara. Grabbing tactics worked for most of the matches. Min Min I found the hardest and that was my first match.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JasmineDragon

Gah, I just beat Max on Level 4. Been fighting with L4 for several days now, and Master Mummy really roadblocked me in the semifinal until I figured him out today. Fought with Max for like another hour after that, wiping the sweat off my palms after every round. Standing up to fight him, even though I'm not using motion controls - I learned a long time ago that standing while doing anything makes you project more and effectively makes you more responsive. I would win one round, get demolished in the second and third rounds. Swear in various lamguages. Sit down again. Stand up again.

Finally, I beat him. YES!!! Literally dancing around the room - in a bathrobe no less, shades of Arthur Dent - victorious and happy, while my teenage daughter is laughing at me from the couch and oh god I hope she's not posting video of me on her groupchat but who cares I did it, I beat him, I WON -

And then THAT THING HAPPENED - you guys know what I mean, no spoilers - and screw you Nintendo, you guys suck.

Still laughing though. What a great game this is.

Mechanica-chan forever, accept no substitutes.

Edited on by JasmineDragon

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Grumblevolcano

Wow, this game's online is just as smooth as it was in the Testpunch. No issues at all with lag and disconnects!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@JasmineDragon LOL, that's hilarious. I was actually glad I was spoiled by that bit......I just expected it rather than throwing joycons in rage

@AlternateButtons You know how the meme for Splatoon goes about the Japanese players being unstoppable. Well, they're baaack....in Arms....and just as unstoppable. I've been getting a lot of Japanese players....and they're as good as their Splatoon incarnations were. I was getting crushed. But in party mode, we had a round with me and two Japanese players taking on a level 7 hedlok.....most teams I do that with can't even wear down a level 6 down past 1/2 heath. Many don't even get a level 5 down past 1/4 health. Me and these two players took down a lv7, first time I've ever seen one, with TIME TO SPARE! It was surreal!
I was even landing hits and somehow managed not to get killed....they were drawing all his fire, and dodging/blocking it!

@meleebrawler Thanks, your tip about his strafing speed has made me figure out Ninjara a bit better. I've been playing byte and barq a bit too and doing ok with them....though I'm still not sure I could consider them a main. Ribbon is still my main main (mostly down to familiarity) with dual poppers, followed closely by Min Min with dual ramrams. But I'm gaining a lot of familiarity with Ninjara (dual phoenix, or phoenix+chakram), and Cobra (tribolt/whatever + coolerang) I feel more confident with the first two, than the second two still.

I'm up to Lv6 ranked now...haven't lost many round....but had some very close calls against Lv7's where I lost the first round by had to play VERY hard to take the next too. Ribbon in full-on CQC aggression mode is SCARY. I was destroyed by a lv7 cobra player who seemed to best me at everything, and I just went nuts and got in his face constantly the second two rounds, and even with his tribolt AA wep he couldn't handle me. That was a moment of pride and very strained wrists

Does anyone know how many ranks are in ranked? I imagine there's quite a lot considering even in lv5 they don't dock many points from you for losing.

NEStalgia

meleebrawler

@NEStalgia Hedlok's difficulty in Party mode also depends on what body he's using. He's a joke with Master Mummy's slowness, but significantly more difficult with Ribbon Girl or Kid Cobra's agility.

TuVictus

The bf and I are an amazing team, whenever we faced a level 7 headlock in party mode, we always creamed him with plenty of time to spare. But alone or with random people? Never even get close. It's amazing how quickly he picked up the game. But I guess that speaks to his experience with traditional fighting games where I don't tend to enjoy them so it's taking me longer to learn the intricacies

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic