Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,369

meleebrawler

The catch: you can only do Springtron's super shockwave by completing a full charge after a dash or jump, unlike the boss version who can do it freely. Apparently he also lacks Spring Man's low-hp perma-charge, though the buff gained from his super-shockwave makes up for that. So he's potentially even better than Spring Man at playing aggressively, but also more vulnerable to pressure himself since he needs a significant opening to charge himself and can't rely on instant charges on wakeup to turn the tide.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Zyrac

Wow, swiftly proven wrong. Don't pick my lottery numbers, guys.

Zyrac

Twitter:

JasmineDragon

Zyrac wrote:

Wow, swiftly proven wrong. Don't pick my lottery numbers, guys.

I didn't think it would happen, either! So is there anything else in this update?

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

meleebrawler

So soon after the first? Will this schedule continue?

JoyBoy

I will try and join this one and see what it’s all about. (A big shame since my main is Springman)

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Scrummer

@meleebrawler I get the feeling maybe they want to do one every month, but don't want to do one so close to Christmas? But then again, that would be weird, seeing as the last one was over Thanksgiving weekend.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

meleebrawler

Anybody who's interested in lore for ARMS should go through Springtron's Grand Prix. Not only do you learn about fighter's dislikes, like Ribbon Girl being scared of lightning (the irony of her main weapon being the Sparky is not lost on Biff), but also more about the enigmatic ARMS Labs. According to Via Dolce dialogue, they're apparently facing bankruptcy (likely due to reckless experimentation, think Nintendo's version of Aperture Laboratories) and have some kind of master plan involving Springtron somehow. No idea what that is, but his ending image shows a mysterious dark-skinned hand with long nails holding a picture of Springtron at the awards ceremony, with a young fan approaching him. Biff looks concerned for his safety, given that Springtron is supposedly only interested in destroying potential challengers, but he seems not to mind. A sign of a growing conscience?

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler Well, everybody knows that if you create an android with the intention of it being an unstoppable murder machine it will eventually grow a conscience and join the heroes, whereas any android created with good intentions will become the master of evil. That's Sci-Fi 101, man!

It sounds pretty cool, honestly. I haven't even seen Springtron in the game yet. I just started Misango's Grand Prix, maybe Springtron will show up.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

meleebrawler

@JasmineDragon You'll have to go undefeated in any round to have a chance of seeing him, not even draw. You can just save & quit whenever you're losing if you really want to meet him, but that won't work once you actually get to him, because quitting will put you in the final instead. So you only have one chance to beat him.

Boss Springtron is stronger than the playable version by virtue of starting fully charged and being able to use his super shockwave (which disables any deflected arm) out of nowhere, instead of only after a full charge.

Edit: I can already see the confrontation between Spring Man and his robot counterpart following Anime 101 to a tee, it's even reflected in their gameplay. Springtron is stronger at surface level with his improved shockwave and beats Spring Man around a bit, then the latter wills himself to be better (low-hp buff) and completely turns the fight around, all while Springtron screams things like "ILLOGICAL. NOT POSSIBLE".

Edited on by meleebrawler

JoyBoy

@Dev With me it was usually the other way around.

I’m glad since I like to think I contributed a lot for Ninjara to win. Anyway, I like these party crashes, they force me to use different characters. Never thought I would like Ninjara, but I got quite competent with him.

@meleebrawler does it matter what difficulty you enter the grand prix, in order to come across Springtron?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Zyrac

@Spanjard Needs to be at least Level 4 difficulty.

I totally forgot about the Party Crash. I hate to admit it, but Splatoon 2 was a factor there.

Zyrac

Twitter:

ZockiGalore

Hi Guys and Gals,
after finally getting Arms like only 2 weeks ago (i know, late to the party) it has really grown on me very fast and after beating the single player tournament a few times, i am now enjoying playing ranked matches ...
Alas, there is one thing that annoys me and that are the common "connection errors". Really, maybe 30 % of my matches end with this error, althoug my internet connection normally is pretty reliable. Anybody else with this problem?

ZockiGalore

meleebrawler

@Dev I think the "evil rival" bit is already covered by Springtron. His ending foreshadowed a woman behind him, perhaps this new fighter is that person.

Given the way she interacts with Max Brass, and how she has similar hair to Spring Man, could it be that the two are... his parents? Them having a serious falling out would explain a lot, like Hedlok attacking Max at the end of every Grand Prix. Heck, I wonder if her arms are even genuine, or if she made them for herself similar to Mechanica (except she seems to have taken it one step further and amputated her own real arms if that's true... yikes). We never get a good look at her eyes to make sure. Whatever the case, Spring Man seems to have inherited most of his traits from Max, including his shockwave, guts and ARMS. The only thing he got from his "mother" was her hair. She obviously didn't raise him, so did Max? Or is Spring Man an orphan?

Gameplay-wise she seems pretty crazy, seemingly able to strafe and hover like Mechanica on top of being able to sprout a second set of arms while doing so, and can teleport while guarding. Unlike Ninjara she seems to be able to do this without having to get hit first and move a greater distance into the air, but it executes much more slowly to compensate. As for her default selection, she notably has a miniature version of Hedlok that can either move forward to bite normally or launch his signature energy blast when charged, and an electric version of the Parasol.

Edit: OK, she has the usual mask meant to help control arms, so I guess that's a point in favour of them being real... her eyes seem to be blank just like Max's.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

ARMS 5.0 update is coming tomorrow!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

ARMS 5.0 update is out now!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

She looks really cool. Antagonist material

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MsJubilee

With the thumbnail of her trailer and the cutscenes with Max and the doc fighting, we have to be close to getting story dlc.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

-Green-

New Modes would probably be much appreciated as well.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThomGee

Ooh, no one's actually gone in depth on Dr. Coyle yet. In that case...

Coyle seems to have two main powers. She can summon a third arm that extends with either one of her existing arms when she holds a charge for a while. The wait time feels somewhere in between a regular charge time and Max Brass's bulk up time. Coyle can also become (I think) invisible to opponents when she is getting up from being knocked down or when she holds a guard for a bit. The wait time for that seems longer than the one for her third arm, and leaves you very open to grabs if you are using the guard activation. Another thing that could be classified as a benefit and disadvantage is her jumps...or lack thereof. Coyle cannot really jump. She kind of hovers above the action and any stage obstacles, with the jump button propelling her into the air a tiny bit. For me, as a Lola Pop main, this really jars me, but I can see someone using this to their advantage. She isn't a very technical power, instead having straightforward powers that can be used in tons of ways, but she seems to be very deadly. I'm going to continue using her, but I doubt she will replace my current main.

As for her ARMS, she has an electric version of Twintelle's Parasol, a ice version of Lola Pop's Funchulks, and her own new ARMS which move forward and bite anything straight ahead when uncharged, but when they are fully charged they emit a red blast similar to Hedlok's rush. The Ice Funchulks are especially of note as their air version, where they move like Ram-Rams, is unavailable, as Coyle never jumps. Overall, I enjoy the Electric Parasol the most, as they move a bit faster than Twintelle's and Electric is a good element.

Coyle's stage, [NAME REDACTED] (yes that is the actual name), is fine. I don't find myself going crazy over the stages in ARMS. It's just fine.

All in all, the 5.0 update is pretty good. No surprises, unfortunately, but it includes a good character and ARMS, and has a hint of things to come, so I am happy.

Now it's time to wait for meleebrawler or whatever their name is, I'm not good at names, to come and write a post even longer than mine about Dr. Coyle. My body is ready.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic