Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,427

Spoony_Tech

The only one of those i consider a real update was Max Brass. Need more characters and stages now. Splatoon 2 is much faster and more giving.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Spoony_Tech Giving mostly stuff that was already in the first game... even brand new weapons don't really compare to creating new characters from scratch.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

Lola Pop is coming mid-September.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ThomGee

To add onto that, Lola Pop will arrive from September 11th to September 20th.

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

My Nintendo: Strix | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

-Green-

The three most played characters are Ninjara, Kid Cobra and Spring Man.
The three most successful are Twintelle, Ribbon Girl and Minmin.
Max Brass is apparently the least successful.

What a huge difference tbh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThomGee

While they were talking about ARMS 3.0, I thought "I'd be amazed if they said it would be out today." AND THEN THEY SAID IT!

Snaplocket

The main problem with post launch updates is that by the time they arrive, I'm already busy with other games. I'm not gonna play ARMs or Splatoon 2 for a while because I'm currently played Goemon DS, Ys VIII, going to play the rpg demos, and I'm going to pick up Danganronpa v3 day one. That's not covering all the uncertainties (namely, good games that I might want to pick up) like Samus Returns, Etrian Odyssey V, Fire Emblem Warriors, BOTW DLC, A Hat in Time, Cuphead. Obviously there's the hotly anticipated games I'm definitely buying day one, namely Mario Odyssey and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. AND college plus work on top of all that.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

ThomGee

Okay, I played with Lola Pop for a bit, and here is my summary of her abilities:

1. Lola Pop inflates herself when guarding on the ground. When you dash out of a guard, you do a long quickstep similar to Kid Cobra's. When you jump out of a guard instead, you jump very high, also similar to Kid Cobra.
2. If you hold dash in the air, you inflate and do a fastfall similar to Ribbon Girl. When you hit the ground you do a little bounce off the ground, allowing you to deflate and do the fastfall again, letting you bounce over and over.
3. In addition, while doing your fastfall, you are invincible, basically giving you an air dodge.

So, just like Max Brass was very similar to Spring Man, Lola Pop is similar to Kid Cobra with a hint of Ribbon Girl. And I love it. Her ARMS are great, she's incredibly mobile yet great at defensive play, and she has a variety of ways to attack and move. She'll probably be my new main, or this is just the hype talking.

meleebrawler

@Nintendoer All I know for sure is that I want those reflector arms on Master Mummy. Does Lola's "invincible" fastfall stand up to grabs and flurries?

ThomGee

@meleebrawler I doubt it when it comes to flurries because after she falls she is vulnerable to damage, but yes, it blocks grabs.

meleebrawler

After an extensive session, here's my thoughts and analysis of Lola:

She easily has the most flexible blocks in the game, both in being able to move forward or backward while doing so on the ground and perform special movements out of it or her special fast-fall. In particular, the fast-fall upon landing appears to create a parry shockwave not unlike Barq's trampoline, which blocks both punches and grabs. If she is hit before touching down, she'll bounce back. I'd imagine that grabbing her out of it is possible, provided you avoid the landing parry.

Something else to note is that her special dash out of block is actually more of a really lateral jump; she's briefly considered airborne in the middle of it, which is easy to see if you throw a funchuck at that moment.

I liked her a lot. She's a master of counter-attacks with all sorts of ways to evade of deflect assaults, which can make her a force both defensively and offensively. Her only real downside is her throw damage being the standard 150.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Grumblevolcano

A new update is out now (3.1.0) which adds a new stage, Sparring Ring.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

meleebrawler

The Sparring Ring is actually the area used for warm-ups in Party Mode. It's very much this game's Final Destination, a completely ordinary square layout with zero environmental features. That said it is very small, making the map geared towards aggressive play. Nowhere to hide.

Spennymoor

Very interesting choice to add the warm up ring in. Looking forward to applying some spring man pressure in there

Spennymoor

Grumblevolcano

New update later this month. Seems to include an achievement system (think Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed) and something else at the end I can't tell what it is.

Grumblevolcano

MsJubilee

A new skin for Spring man or a new mode where it turns all the characters into some type of boss.

I've died. There is no more me

It is the heavens that have defeated you. This is their will.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742 | Nintendo Network ID: TwilightAngel9

Yosheel

That looks like a robot.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

What if they were robots all along...

We can go all 'Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep' up in here.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

Those arms... they look like Toasters, but with the outer layer removed to reveal the heat-generating mechanism inside... yikes. Sounds brutal. We already have "souped-up Toaster" in the Roasters, how will these try to one-up them?

JaxonH

I feel like playing Arms today. Idk why, it's just calling out to me... Yellow joycons and all.

NOW PLAYING
Switch: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, South Park Fractured But Whole, Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero
New 3DS: Radiant Historia
PS4 Pro: God of War
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic