Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,319

Haru17

I'm pretty sure Spring Man and Min Min are both Japanese, ramen is a Japanese dish.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

-Green-

We're in need of some good husbandos. Enough of the waifu bait.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

@Haru17 Why does Spring Man speak perfectly fluent English then, whereas Min-Min doesn't?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Paraka

@meleebrawler - How can they hail from a world their universe isn't in? Have you not seen the loading screen between every stage in the Campaign? It's not Earth, I can tell you that much.

Paraka

Haru17

They all live in the same city, but I think it's just fictionalized Japan with some transnationals.

And this puts us up to equal in terms of male / female fighters if you don't count the two 'its,' Barq & Byte and Helix, who both are designed like non explicitly but definitely intentionally male cartoon characters tend to be.

erv

Well ever since I gendrify as a non-binary undead mummy I feel so empowered by being represented in arms!

Edited on by erv

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

meleebrawler

@Paraka Plenty of video games use fictional locations that are nonetheless based on real ones. Like Eagleland in Earthbound, largely based on American cities, or various regions from Pokemon like Kalos or Alola.

Haru17

Ignorance and self-delusion aren't wit.

-Green-

I just don't really like any of the boy character models in this game tbh. Even poster boy, Spring Man looks a bit mugly.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Paraka

@meleebrawler - Well there is a difference between inspirations and direct representation. Oddly enough, when characters like Kirby, Thrall from Warcraft fame or various non-humans take strong cultural references next to no one bats an eye. This apparently only effects those humans which color CAN technically be represented with. Even when we have unique non-Earthly worlds, everything is directly made to connect to our personal understanding of humans and diversity.

Don't get me wrong, I don't oppose representing characters of various cultures. Especially when characters have... well, character. Overwatch has been amazing with this. I just play the advocate opposing worldly inspirations connecting to direct human correlation. Namely cause it gets hazy and convoluted.

Paraka

Pigeon

Haru17 wrote:

I'm pretty sure Spring Man and Min Min are both Japanese, ramen is a Japanese dish.

Ramen is a Chinese dish.

Pigeon

Operative2-0

I don't care what the character is, what color or sex or nationality they are, I just want to know if their gimmick will beat out Twintelles for me.

Edited on by Operative2-0

Operative2-0

JasmineDragon

I played a bunch of rounds with my kid today, after several weeks devoted to Splatoon 2. It was great to get back into it. I think Splatoon beats ARMS as a single-player experience, but ARMS totally owns local multiplayer on the Switch. Very much looking forward to the next update.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Stardew Valley

meleebrawler

@JasmineDragon I get the feeling most people talking down towards ARMS online are indeed people who do not have many friends to play locally with. ARMS, at least the way it is now, is indeed best enjoyed in short to medium bursts of playtime, whereas Splatoon generally warrants longer play sessions to get the most out of things that happen.

erv

The new character is from lollipop land and looks awesome:)

I wonder what her unique abilities do. It's amazing how different each character plays

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmxLXpFmByI

Oh god, she's a hideous mime... candy... clown...

Haha, but discounting the relative obnoxious gaudiness of her character design, Lola Pop (sigh) seems interesting for the game. She brings with her three new arms and a stage with a very nice classical theme. I'm not clear on what her gimmick is besides the visual detail of inflating while she guards — perhaps something like Master Mummy?

Edited on by Haru17

Dev

I thought she was going to be an Arabian dancer, but a clown makes sense too. She's so cute! This game's character design continues to impress.

Formely NintyFan.
Nintendo Switch username: devcat

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817

Strix

Lola Pop looks like a pretty cool character, though a very strange one as well. I don't really get what her gimmicks are. I think she can charge her ARMS and then jump to hover for a bit like Mechanica and do a fast fall like Ribbon Girl, but Lola's fast fall makes her invulnerable.

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

JasmineDragon

@Haru17 I'll be honest, I had really built up hope for a Middle Eastern fighter based on that fuzzy teaser, but Lola isn't hideous. I think she's adorable. I'm not much of a clown person, but they really nailed her design. I'm looking forward to this.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Current location: Stardew Valley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic