Forums

Topic: ARMS

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 1,369

Filth_Element

@jump got my first double KO yester well actually the missus did. I got KO'd leaving here to deal with two opponents as she finished one off a bomb went off ending her and Max Brass off. In the end the final score was 2-0 to us I was really surprised that a draw didn't register as anything but happy too!

Some of Mario Odyssey is seriously giving heart palpitations.... that plumber is trying to kill me!

JasmineDragon

@meleebrawler So, being interested in improving with Misango I did some reading online, and come to find out Misanga is actually a thing. It's the popular name for a woven friendship bracelet, originating in Brazil and originally made popular by South American soccer players but now most commonly used in Japan.

I think it's safe to assume that this is what Misango is named after, since his ARMS are actually woven in the misanga style.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

jump

How are people finding the new event?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

chardir

@jump Good so far. I like the 5 minute bonus periods with quirky rules, and it's getting me to try out some different arms.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

meleebrawler

As the number of fighters keeps climbing, getting arms for them becomes an increasingly daunting task for those who didn't adopt early. Giving multiple accelerated ways to earn cash via badges and this Party Fest is a nice way of addressing this.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

ACK

My family has been having a lot of fun with this event. Quite a good show with great music and a neat summer camp schedule sensibility. The limited edition badges only obtainable through these events are also a cool incentive (like being able to keep Splatfest designs...); however, I really wish they came in the form of your favorite alt to add a personal touch and sense of uniqueness. I feel that small detail would go a long way, especially to hype up the events featuring your favorite fighters.

On a different note, this event also got me to really test the motion sensitivity settings with everyone taking turns and I found we all prefer Shaking/Punching to be lower sensitivity and Tilting/Moving to be higher than default. Adds an easier differentiation between intended inputs and essentially erases accidental punches while moving or guarding. This way you can make it so punches require a bit of speed while moving/guarding/curving is much finer.

If you want to keep at it with the Thumbs Up grip, but still run into occasional mistakes or errors, start by turning Shaking to -2 and Tilting to +2 and adjust from there. I was using the L button to guard, but after tweaking these I've found tilting to guard works equally well and now I kind of prefer it.

ACK

Twitter:

Anti-Matter

What is difference between Party Crasher Mode with other Modes ?
I still don't get it.

Anti-Matter

ACK

@Anti-Matter It's an event where the theme will focus on two figthers, while players can use any fighter, the points earned by playing as the featured fighters will be tallied at the end to evidently choose a winner. Additionally there is a progression system where your Lab level which corresponds to rewards earned at the end, in the form of a coins and special badges. Also you can earn bonus points by using the featured fighters or bonus arms during a given time slot. Finally several times an hour there will be short bonus windows (2x, 3x) with unique rulesets and modes such as one-hit KO, always full Rush, using select arms, etc.

Think Splatfests with a greater focus on simply playing and progressing rather than picking sides and winning, with actual event-specific rewards (like if you were allowed to earn your Splatfest shirt, for example)? Also seems to be designed to give players a greater flavor of modes and competition while doling out lots of coin to possibly incentivize players to come back regularly and experiment more.

I hope it's effective, it's clear they are on the right track at least.

EDIT: Re-reading the post I guess I'm not entirely sure of your question... Maybe a simpler way of describing it is as an event consisting of variations on the normal Party Mode (in fact, replacing it for the duration) oriented around a theme and unique progression system to achieve rewards.

Edited on by ACK

ACK

Twitter:

chardir

@meleebrawler I've gained literally thousands of ARMs points since they added badges and do now have a nice selection of ARMs. I don't think newbies will have too much trouble now, especially as a lot of the badges only started tracking from v3 anyway.

I'm not sure Party Crash is going to generate many extra ARMs points, or are we going to get a windfall when it finishes?

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

jump

That's surprising as I remember everyone kept complaining he was a boring/bland character when first announced.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Zyrac

I'm not too surprised myself. It does seem to me that as the "default" character, people do tend to gravitate to him when they don't know what else to do. And he did have the higher room score when I played, even though it feels like I saw more people using Ribbon Girl (including myself, in case you may wonder).

Zyrac

Twitter:

JoeDiddley

I had a lot of fun over the last few days. With so many new releases it was a great event to entice me to dust off my copy. I hope they do more of these.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

meleebrawler

Nobody realized just how good Spring Man's Conqueror's Haki (shockwave) really was until they got their hands on him.

erv

So I've recently been playing more arms. There's something insanely positive about this game. Playing it just makes me a happy camper I guess. Just lovely. It really is a gem.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Nintendoforlife

@Dev I loved the game when I got it at launch, but due to lag the game eventually fell flat. It's just not fun to see a punch go right through a player and nothing happen to them, while every single one of their punches lands perfectly on you.

Nintendoforlife

Grumblevolcano

@Dev I wouldn't put it just down to that, it's also felt like every time there has been a big update ARMS, something big with a different game is happening. The most notable of which is when Misango came out for ARMS, shortly afterwards you had the giant Splatoon 2 update trailer that revealed new maps, a new mode, new gear, etc.

At this point I think Smash would actually be the best chance of ARMS getting more attention. Put in an ARMS character as a playable fighter and that may help it, Smash helped other franchises like Fire Emblem.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

Btw, is Evil Springman playable right now ?

Anti-Matter

Zyrac

@Anti-Matter Springtron is not playable and I doubt he ever will be. He's just an extra challenge if you're doing well in Grand Prix.

Zyrac

Twitter:

meleebrawler

@Zyrac Or shamelessly save-scum your way to him. Indeed, his super-shockwave seems too good to ever be put in the hands of humans (it's only real limitation seems to be not being able to use it during the buff it grants or during an attack), at least not without a severe handicap.

Grumblevolcano

Springtron is playable in the 4.1.0 update.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic