Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 961 to 980 of 3,493

Lroy

Switch name [SNK*ROCK!] is playing METAL SLUG. Who is this mystery man who is playing along with us each week and ranking on the leaderboards but remains in the shadows? πŸ˜‚

Not sure what more we can do to express we're an open and friendly bunch. We'd love you and anyone else silently participating to come forward and chat to us πŸ‘Œ

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

Jbs-Dad wrote:

Well done everyone ,I'm just glad I'm on the leader board. I've been hammering rocket league last two days

Head over to the Adult Switch Gamers thread. Be ace to set up a night in the week to play some ROCKET LEAGUE.

Edited on by Lroy

DashKappei

Cluster Truck is missing the user created level sharing AND also the online leaderboards on the Switch port.... WTH, that is such a missed opportunity... think I'm going to skip it and see if they update it later

Edited on by DashKappei

DashKappei

Switch Friend Code: SW-7921-9388-6881

monkeyspasm

Oh God, Rocket League too! Need to get that, played it on One and it's great

Switch Profile name - monkeysp

Switch Friend Code: SW-7394-3764-7014

Jbs-Dad

@Lroy Thanks for the motivation, I need it with this one.. I think using your knife ,finding all prisoners, and maybe no damage to your metal slug are the key to this one. Don't forget the prisoners in the waterfall off screen above for peeps who've never played it. That's my tips so far on this one, not sure if they are the right strategys.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

OorWullie

I'm definitely up for some Rocket League. Either teaming up or against each other. I only really play 2v2 or 1v1, not a big fan of 3v3.Would be great if there was 4 of us to play a few modes. I mostly play Soccar competitively but other modes can be fun, especially Hoops.

Was playing some Zero Gunner 2 the other night after @Sakura7 said there was an update. This one must have been added fairly recently and it seems to have improved things even more from the big update it received a couple of months ago.. From what I can tell textures have been improved as has resolution, plus the way power ups are dispensed makes them more challenging to collect. Overall the game feels slightly more tougher than before which is a good thing as I found it to be pretty easy but with a huge difficulty spike after Asian Slum. Great game.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Jbs-Dad

@monkeyspasm Rocket league is highly addictive. Easy to play hard to master

Jbs-Dad

@OorWullie what rank are you? I like 3v3 , 1v1 you have to be very good to play or like me it doesn't end well

Lroy

@OorWullie Thanks for the clarification and update about ZERO GUNNER 2. Hopefully, we can play that and all the other ZeroDiv games for weekly challenges in the future.

As for ROCKET LEAGUE, count me in (not played it that much since buying it and would like to try online with friends). But remember, online game nights and such chat should be reserved for the Adult Switch Gamers thread otherwise @qualitybeats will bring you to task 😜

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@Jbs-Dad I'm Bronze division II for 2v2, Bronze division IV for 1v1 and unranked for both 3v3. I was silver in both of them last season but have hardly played them this new season. I can be a brilliant player some days and other days really poor.

SW-6101-8403-1640

ArtheXavier

Lroy wrote:

Jbs-Dad wrote:

Well done everyone ,I'm just glad I'm on the leader board. I've been hammering rocket league last two days

Head over to the Adult Switch Gamers thread. Be ace to set up a night in the week to play some ROCKET LEAGUE.

Oh, Rocket League is my jam! I'd love to try it out with you guys.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

Lroy

DashKappei wrote:

... I love the badge of honor you get in participating in as many of these challenges

We get Badges! πŸ˜‰

As you can see from a line in my sig. I awarded myself an honorary title and badge πŸ‘¨πŸ»β€βœˆοΈ for being part of this community. ☺️ Feel free to copy and paste it into yours, ha! ha!

CW13

@OorWullie @ArtheXavier I've been selling my other stuff to support my switch addiction. Between physical and download games, I've never had so many games in one year on one system. It's nuts! Enjoying every second of it!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

OorWullie

@CW13 I might need to start selling my stuff the rate I'm buying games. I have over 100 already and I only bought my Switch early July. I've never owned this many games for any console. If the Switch is around for several years I dread to think how many games I'll have bought by the end of its life. The rate I'm going, it'll likely be well over 400 anyway. Crazy!

Edit, I keep forgetting to post in the other thread

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

GrailUK

Blazing Star's top score is going down tomorrow. I can't start Metal Slug while I got level 1 down to 940k!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

ArtheXavier

OorWullie wrote:

@CW13 I might need to start selling my stuff the rate I'm buying games. I have over 100 already and I only bought my Switch early July. I've never owned this many games for any console. If the Switch is around for several years I dread to think how many games I'll have bought by the end of its life. The rate I'm going, it'll likely be well over 400 anyway. Crazy!

Edit, I keep forgetting to post in the other thread

It's crazy, right? Switch is a console that makes me actively want to play it. There is just something about the screen in handheld mode that continues to amaze me week after week.

I am going to crack a hundred games before the end of the year for sure.

Switch Friend code: SW-1992-7925-5001 | Nintendo name: Arthe

Lroy

GrailUK wrote:

Blazing Star's top score is going down tomorrow. I can't start Metal Slug while I got level 1 down to 940k!

Yowsers! That is some impressive playing. Make sure you post your new top score here so @oorwullie can include it on those ongoing all-time leaderboards. If we are still doing that?

masterLEON

@wasilewski Dude, I felt like I was on auto-pilot when I did that run. Then for the rest of the week I was stuck wondering how I got that score with so many mistakes, LOL! I ended up at the point of resetting if I didn't get at least 570k by the time I reached the 1st stage boss or if I missed the timing of a full charge shot, that's how hard I was on myself...however, my stage 2 is garbage I probably should have spent more time on that instead of stage 1

@Lroy Thanks, man. The timing for some of those full charge shots are so tight, it can mess up later charge shots if you're off by even a little bit.

@GrailUK https://www.youtube.com/user/thesavepointdotnet (the real site is being reworked, so there's nothing on it right now) And good luck getting that Blazing Star score, I can totally relate to that feeling of unfinished business.

@Jbs-Dad Yup, that and shoot everywhere and listen and look for that telltale hit sound and hit sparks. Oh, and watch your score counter when you're in sections where enemies continually come out, like the on the boats. You can't milk certain respawning enemies for points because they're not worth any.

@RetroGamerAndrew Glad the problem was sorted out, though I've never heard of anything like that happening. That's really weird!

"You cannot stop me with paramecium alone!"

Switch - 6257-7933-4694

wasilewski

@MasterLEON I think the first stage in a lot of these challenges is the key to getting a high score.

Here is my MS score so far:

Untitled

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Benjoo

@Lroy I've been watching and looking at your neo geo game list and thought I'd give metal slug a chance. I have to say, given the age of these games there are really hard and fun to play. Thanks for bringing them to my attention.

Benjoo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic