Forums

Topic: Arcade SHMUP High Score Thread

Posts 841 to 860 of 3,493

Lroy

As long as this new thread doesn't get shut down or merged by admin, I guess the name doesn't matter much. We just need a thread we can all have a chat on this theme of arcade/retro games and arrange online gaming with eachother.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Lroy

Unless we all just agree to head over to this existing thread and chat arcade/retro gaming?

https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/arcade_arc...

Whatever is easiest for people.

As for the current challenge game: BLAZING STAR. I'm stuck on the high 700,000. Can't seem to stay alive long enough to beat it tonight. Also noticed SNK ROCKS [stylised] has been playing and entered the Top 100. By my count, that's about 7 of us now. Do post to let us know you're playing.

Edited on by Lroy

Jbs-Dad

Hey everyone, just joined the site to join in the fun even though I'm not very good at shmups,i can't get enough of them.. downloading blazing star now to play.. just need to drag myself away from steredenn first haha.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

GrailUK

@Jbs-Dad Welcome aboard Jbs Fun is the best reason for joing heheh!

I've been a tad busy this week, but I should be able to put some time in to Blazing Star tomorrow night.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

AgentLA

@Lroy

I’m doing Blazing Star as well, stuck at around 700,000 too and just broke the top 100 last night. Been stuck for a while near that score...trying to figure out the best way to get multipliers. Strangely, I get higher scores playing in handheld mode than on TV.

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot πŸš€

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

AgentLA

@Jbs-Dad

Welcome! Don’t forget to add your Switch profile name or code so we can see who you are online. Good luck on Blazing Star!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

Lroy

@Jbs-Dad Welcome buddy. What is your Switch friend code and I'll send you over an invite.

OorWullie

@Jbs-Dad Welcome, great to have a new recruit on board. Feel free to add me as a friend so you can easily beat my Steredenn score.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@Agent721 I just seem to be getting a nosebleed and killing myself in blind panic at that phase right before the second level boss. I keep missing or dying before hitting all the small red ship lines with the power blade charge shot.

To my limited understanding, you must hit those lines of ships - it is what gives you big multiplier points - watch out for the little warning or danger sign that pops up on screen an instant before they arrive.

Edited on by Lroy

AgentLA

@Lroy

I’m ok using the thread you linked for socializing and this one specifically about the current high score chase. Let’s hear from the rest of the crew.

Lroy

@Agent721 Just trying to take onboard what @qualitybeats raised but also save @oorwullie anymore hassle than we already place on his shoulders πŸ˜‰

AgentLA

@Lroy

Yeah, I keep trying to time it to get high multipliers there but it’s harder than I imagined. I either die or just can’t get it done right. I really want to break 1 Million but it is tough.

And then the LUCKY tiles...god I hate it when I miss them. I restart every time, it’s an easy 50k.

I assume we’re all using the third ship that the manual says is for high scores?

Jbs-Dad

Damn I'm terrible at blazing star, fun though. Thanks for the welcome every one

Lroy

Speaking of STEREDENN - if that still is okay here? The game just crashed me back to the home screen during my attempt at the daily run 😩

Actually, just tried again and it crashed me out again at the boss fight.

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@Lroy It happened to me for the first time last night. Doesn't seem to be too common but it's annoying none the less. Hopefully it'll be patched soon.

I was just playing it there I was on the 3rd boss and to my disbelief the Tardis flew past me. I think it was just for show rather than serving a purpose but that was a really cool surprise.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

Jbs-Dad wrote:

Damn I'm terrible at blazing star, fun though. Thanks for the welcome every one

Make sure you are using the third ship that has the sword like power shot. I think someone posted a video of a pro playing the game back a few pages?

Perhaps 'Heavy Metal' or @MasterLeon could help? Think they are our top pilots this week?

Edited on by Lroy

Lroy

@OorWullie Yes, tonight is my first experience of the game crashing too.

CW13

Couldn't even crack the top 100. Best is 507560. On to the next one!

CW13

Switch Friend Code: SW-3787-0663-7007 | 3DS Friend Code: 0104-0625-3826 | Twitter:

Jbs-Dad

I've managed to break into top one hundred just at 99th, I'm pleased with that.. Been using the third ship ,this games great once it clicks.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic